Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Silverblades (5/5, waitlist open)  (Read 14949 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Silverblades (5/5, waitlist open)
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2018, 05:23:15 pm »

PTW, might make a character sheet later.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2018, 05:28:33 pm »

"Mm. Honeyed words are beneath me. Go ahead."
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2018, 07:35:29 pm »

"Good luck, brothers."

Alexander takes a casual stroll about town, trying to see if he notices anything interesting or peculiar.

Avanti!

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2018, 07:41:08 pm »

Nodding to himself, Azet Azirkan waltzes off in the opposite direction of Alexander in search of strange things.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2018, 09:07:45 pm »

Jericho enters the tavern and goes to the bar. He speaks to the tavernkeep:
"I'd like a drink. How much would a silverblade rum set me back?"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2018, 06:14:33 am »

"I guess I'm going to wonder around for a bit and look at the stores or something."
Walk off in a random direction and look at any shop I see and be on the lookout for any suspicious activity.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2018, 06:28:36 am »

"Sounds like a plan. I'll stay outside the tavern, ready to intervene if things escalate."

Stay near the tavern, awaiting Jericho's return. Should things go awry, be ready to intervene.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2018, 10:11:55 am »

"Good luck, brothers."

Alexander takes a casual stroll about town, trying to see if he notices anything interesting or peculiar.
(4)
You follow the main road to the town's border, and find that it extends quite far. (5+1) Your sharp eyes are easily able to discern where it leads - what looks like a boarded up mineshaft. This was certainly a mining town at one point, but it seems that the mine has been shut down.

You continue exploring, taking a right turn at the town's end. (2) You find little more than a few small houses. Nobody's in the streets here. Looks like there's nothing else of note at the northern part of the town.

Nodding to himself, Azet Azirkan waltzes off in the opposite direction of Alexander in search of strange things.

(6)
You start wandering off, heading in the direction opposite from that which Alexander is headed. You pass quite a few small houses, many of them silent and empty. This is nearly a ghost town. As you go on, the sun sets completely, and the town is bathed in moonlight. As you go on, you come across a large building, made of stone - in a town mostly consisting of wooden buildings, this has to be an important place. Two guards, each armed with a lucerne hammer, stand in front of the building's entrance. Rather, they slouch and sit in front of the building's entrance, as one has fallen asleep, and the other is leaning against the building's wall. Nonetheless, as the non-sleeping one guard spots you, he wakes up his comrade and approaches.

"Say... those are some awful dangerous lookin' swords there. What brings you to the town, hmmm?"

The guard starts laughing before you have a chance to reply, and the other one waves you off.

"Now, begone with you. Don't start any trouble, and don't stick your nose where it don't belong. And unless you want to see the mayor, you don't have business at the town hall, outsider."

Jericho enters the tavern and goes to the bar. He speaks to the tavernkeep:
"I'd like a drink. How much would a silverblade rum set me back?"

You walk into the tavern. The few individuals who are in the bar cast strange looks at you - of course, it's likely that most of them have never seen an arborian before, or even heard of one. Unfazed, you walk up to the bar and ask for a dram of silverblade rum.

The tavernkeep, a stout man with a scruffy beard wearing rough homespun clothes, raises an eyebrow at your request.

"Silverblade rum? Haven't had any request that in a while, but I most likely have a case or three in the back. Come, come, follow me."

You look at the various patrons of the bar. All of them are younger men, wearing typical and plain cotton attire. None of them pay you any mind as you follow the barkeep into the back. He ushers you inside before tightly closing the door.

"Hmm. A bold one you are, even saying silverblade out in the open. But yes, yes, I know what you came for, there could only be one thing. I'll tell you everything I've gleaned, but these townsfolk have remained secretive even after I made myself a part of their group.

First of all, I assume you want to know who those involved in the organization are, and to this I can give you but a few names that I know for sure. Most prominent among those that I know belong to the cult is Aeron Ashrings, the mayor of this town. From what I've gleaned, he's second only to the cult's leader, so tailing him should hopefully help you quite a bit. His 6 guards are also members, and they serve as the muscle of the organization. Finally, the town's bookkeeper, who works in the tall building just across from this tavern, is most definitely a member of the cult, and from what I have observed goes somewhere in the middle of the night. I don't know where he goes, as he makes sure to stick to the shadows, but he's undoubtedly up to no good. He used to do this once or twice a week at most, but it seems he's headed somewhere every night now. Something's up, I'm sure of that."

The barkeep looks about.

"I'm sorry I took so long. We should head back out to avoid suspicion."

The barkeep grabs a small unlabeled bottle and returns to the main room before pouring you a glass.

"Consider it on the house. Nobody gets this stuff, and I kept you waitin' long enough."

You thank the barkeep, drink the small glass of rum, and head back outside to reconvene with Zork. It doesn't take long for you to feel slightly tipsy.

"I guess I'm going to wonder around for a bit and look at the stores or something."
Walk off in a random direction and look at any shop I see and be on the lookout for any suspicious activity.

(5)
You wander around aimlessly, memorizing the rather simple layout of the town as you do so. It doesn't take you long to stumble upon some sort of general store. When you enter, you're greeted by a young man arranging jars of various fruit preserves on a shelf. His eyes go wide as he looks at you - of course, it's probable that this town doesn't get a lot of ratmen. He manages to force a smile and nods to you.

"Hey there! Is there anything you're looking for?" he asks.

(3)

You notice that the store has an awfully large stock of candles.

"Sounds like a plan. I'll stay outside the tavern, ready to intervene if things escalate."

Stay near the tavern, awaiting Jericho's return. Should things go awry, be ready to intervene.

Jericho emerges from the tavern unscathed.

In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2018, 10:38:53 am »

Alexander walks back to the tavern, on the way attempting to find any other potential safehouses.

Avanti!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2018, 10:42:16 am »

"Hi, I'm just looking around, so... whats with all the candles?"
If I have some money buy three candles, if I'm poor thank him for his time and leave, ether way look around the town some more.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2018, 02:20:11 pm »

"Oi, Jericho, did ya find out anything interesting ?" Zork inquires.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2018, 05:13:33 pm »

Jericho leans towards Zork and speaks quietly.
"I have learned a few things, but perhaps this is not the place to discuss it. Let's join up with the rest of our group."

He flashes a quick observational glance at the library the tavernkeep mentioned, trying to spot anything amiss.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2018, 05:24:06 pm »

Azet Azirkan bites his tongue, literally, and fights the urge to put this commoner in his place. Instead, he turns back and tries to find one of his allies. Failing that, he makes his way to the tavern.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2018, 05:42:21 pm »

I have an idea for a characters, but I would like to know if I'm going overboard.

Basically, the idea is that he's a Werewolf/Lycanthrope because of a curse. He turns into a large hybrid between a wolf and a human, gaining various physical traits and weaknesses, like super strenght, animal intelligence and silver weakness. When transformed, he becomes way stronger and agile, but can randomly lose control and attack his allies instead of doing the action. Since he's a werewolf, he's a beast and becomes weak to silver when transformed and resistant to conventional metals. The idea is that he's only useful in combat while transformed and can't use armor since it would just break when he transforms. He wants to be a Silverblade because he thinks that the gods would lift his curse if he uses his powers to slay and consume the other beasts. He won't use any items, armor or weapons, but maybe can grow and become stronger by eating other beasts? Don't know if the transformation should be random or have a trigger like the moon or taking damage. Maybe have a way to voluntarily provoke the transformation? I don't know.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2018, 09:50:00 pm »

-snippity snoopity-
Sure, that works. As long as you balance out your transformed state's strength with the weakness to silver + vulnerable normal state, that's more than acceptable. Just put lycanthrope as your race, with the specific flavor of werebeast in parentheses or something.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9