Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Silverblades (5/5, waitlist open)  (Read 14950 times)

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Silverblades (5/5, waitlist open)
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2018, 05:23:07 am »

"Ah, you're right, my bad. Let's go find the others quickly, then. Actually, they'll probably come back here on their own, won't they ? Let's wait."

Wait for the return of the others. Meanwhile, look around for anything of interest.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2018, 12:18:39 pm »

-snippity snoopity-
Sure, that works. As long as you balance out your transformed state's strength with the weakness to silver + vulnerable normal state, that's more than acceptable. Just put lycanthrope as your race, with the specific flavor of werebeast in parentheses or something.

Spoiler: Joseph (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2018, 12:43:31 pm »

"Hi, I'm just looking around, so... whats with all the candles?"
If I have some money buy three candles, if I'm poor thank him for his time and leave, ether way look around the town some more.
(2)
The man casts a quick glance at the candles before turning back to you.

"Oh, well, we're preparing for a pretty important ceremony tonight. I'm not from these parts, but folks told me that it's a local thing, and personally, I don't know too much. Mayor just asked me to stock up, and stock up I did."

You rifle through your pockets, but find them more or less empty, at least in the terms of currency. Without another word, you leave the store. (3+1) Due to your above average speed, you're able to cover a lot of ground, and come across a large stone building. Two guards stand outside, worriedly discussing something. (3) You manage to make out one word in specific: "Silverblade".

Alexander walks back to the tavern, on the way attempting to find any other potential safehouses.
(1)
You begin walking back to the tavern. You notice that lots of the houses here are in disrepair - not only do they seem to be currently uninhabited, but it seems as if they've been so for a while. A cloud passes over the moon, and everything becomes far darker. Somewhere, a few leaves rustle. You quicken your pace - it's best to reconvene with the others as fast as possible, and this place doesn't feel safe.

"Outsider. Silverblade."

The voice is coming from behind you. You turn around, staying calm and collected. Two figures, clad in black robes, stand before you. In the darkness of night, you can't make out any of their features, nor can you tell which is speaking.

"The time of Z'thanar's awakening is almost upon us. The Bringer of Blight will not be stopped by the likes of you, for our piety gives us strength."

Saying this, the cultists draw a large knife and a sickle, respectively.

Jericho leans towards Zork and speaks quietly.
"I have learned a few things, but perhaps this is not the place to discuss it. Let's join up with the rest of our group."

He flashes a quick observational glance at the library the tavernkeep mentioned, trying to spot anything amiss.
Azet Azirkan bites his tongue, literally, and fights the urge to put this commoner in his place. Instead, he turns back and tries to find one of his allies. Failing that, he makes his way to the tavern.
"Ah, you're right, my bad. Let's go find the others quickly, then. Actually, they'll probably come back here on their own, won't they ? Let's wait."

Wait for the return of the others. Meanwhile, look around for anything of interest.

Jericho and Zork wait by the wagon. As they wait, Jericho casts a few glances at the library, (5). He notices a figure, shrouded in a black cloak, hurrying out of the building. It doesn't take long for Azirkan to return, a slightly unpleasant expression on his face. The few patrons that were in the tavern gradually begin to leave, one by one. A cold wind sweeps down the broad street as the cloaked figure rounds a corner. A layer of wispy clouds obscure the moon, and nearly every house is dark.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2018, 12:52:55 pm »

"I have a feeling the time for words will soon end."
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2018, 01:08:14 pm »

Draw my buckler and arming sword, and prepare for an attack.

Avanti!

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2018, 06:04:46 pm »

"Okay, new plan. Saw a man in a cloak, obviously up to no good. We should probably tail him..."

Jericho tails the hooded figure.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 10:55:40 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2018, 08:18:36 pm »

"Okay, new plan. Saw a man in a cloak, obviously up to no good. We should probably tail him..."
"My prediction rings true..."

Follow after the cloaked figure.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2018, 05:45:03 am »

Go back to the tavern, be on the look out for anything suspicious, like people fallowing me or similar.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2018, 07:39:06 am »

"Alright, let's tail the guy. When we get some solid proof that he's dabbling with the demonic, we can try to beat some intel out of him..."

Follow the guy as well.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2018, 09:05:19 am »

Draw my buckler and arming sword, and prepare for an attack.
(6 vs 3-1)
The knife-wielder rushes you, swinging wildly and without finesse. You easily block the weak and sluggish blows, and retaliate with a quick stab with your arming sword. (2 vs 3-1) While the blow you strike ends up hitting at an angle, greatly reducing its power, you manage to inflict a superficial gash on the cultist's right leg. The cultists with the sickle watches you fight, while slowly closing distance.

Jericho tails the hooded figure.
"My prediction rings true..."

Follow after the cloaked figure.
"Alright, let's tail the guy. When we get some solid proof that he's dabbling with the demonic, we can try to beat some intel out of him..."

Follow the guy as well.

The three of you tail the cloaked figure as he rushes down an alleyway parallel to the main road. (5-1) You manage to stay well hidden, and it doesn't seem that anyone notices you. In fact, there's nobody really around to notice you. The cloaked figure suddenly stops moving, and you do too. He's starting at something, and it appears that he's trying to hide. You hear the sounds of combat.

The cloaked figure draws a long dagger with a wavy blade from their belt. You can hear him muttering something, although you can't tell what he's saying.

Go back to the tavern, be on the look out for anything suspicious, like people fallowing me or similar.

You begin to head back to the tavern, and as you turn a corner, you come face to face with Alexander battling two cultists in robes. One of them, wielding a sickle, charges you the moment they see you, screaming "Z'thanar's ceremony of awakening cannot be disturbed!" He swings his sickle at you (1-1 vs 5), but you deftly parry the strike, and the deflected sickle lodges itself in his side. He screams in rage and pain, the sickle still stuck in the wound.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2018, 09:09:12 am »

He swings his sickle at you ), but you deftly parry the strike, and the deflected sickle lodges itself in his side.
"Why are you hitting yourself?" :D
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2018, 10:02:02 am »

"Looks like he's going to attack someone... Let's not give him that opportunity." Zork whispers to his fellow silverblades.

Charge the hooded person and give him a proper beating with your club. Try not to kill him, though.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2018, 10:51:41 am »

Alexander lowers his blade in a feint, and prepares to raise it as a parry for when his opponent attacks. Given the opportunity, he will also try to bash the man with his buckler.

Avanti!

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2018, 02:18:29 pm »

Jericho draws his axe and charges with Zork, striking the hooded man with the haft rather than the blade.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2018, 04:14:20 pm »

"What a pitiful specimen."

Dash forward with my enhanced speed and throw a hay-maker at the shrouded man.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9