Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No loyalty cascade when you kill the expelled  (Read 2066 times)

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
No loyalty cascade when you kill the expelled
« on: July 17, 2018, 03:31:50 am »

After I updated to .11, the population are slowly recovering from their bad mood.

Minkot, however, is still constantly tantruming. Being a muscular former swordsmaster, he with his bare hand has crippled several dogs and killed at least one dwarf. I check his relation. Only his deity there. So I expel him.

He doesn't leave immediately, which is as I have expected. I don't want him to do any more harm, so I order the military to kill him!

He is killed... and the military go back to barrack... with no loyalty cascade at all!
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No loyalty cascade when you kill the expelled
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 04:52:11 am »

After I updated to .11, the population are slowly recovering from their bad mood.

Minkot, however, is still constantly tantruming. Being a muscular former swordsmaster, he with his bare hand has crippled several dogs and killed at least one dwarf. I check his relation. Only his deity there. So I expel him.

He doesn't leave immediately, which is as I have expected. I don't want him to do any more harm, so I order the military to kill him!

He is killed... and the military go back to barrack... with no loyalty cascade at all!
Sure, the moment you expel him, he's just another visitor.

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 09:00:03 am »

The old loyalty cascade is probably gone.

It used to be like this: militia can't kill fortress dwarf, but can kill caravan dwarf. When they kill caravan dwarf who is of the same civilization, the loyalty cascade begins.

When a dwarf is expelled, he is no longer a member of the fortress, but he is still a member of your civilization.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

SheepRFriends

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 01:46:17 pm »

I expelled a dwarf that had a husband and three children. When I ordered the militia to execute the expelled dwarf, the husband and three children retaliated and attacked the militia. The militia slayed the whole family and that was the end of the scene. This is the closest I have experienced with a loyalty cascade 44.12.

carewolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2018, 02:08:52 am »

The old loyalty cascade is probably gone.

No, I just had a massive brawl as a dwarf threw a tantrum, resisted arrest, and then all hell broke lose as somehow the duchess and three elite marksdwarves got involved. By the end there was more than 20 dead, including the duchess half the guard and the three elite markdwarves, and the dead were littered all over the fort. I have never seen a loyalty cascade before, but I assume if this was a drunken brawl it probably wouldn't have been using deadly weapons, and half my surviving population wouldn't be full of crossbow bolts, and dwarves wouldn't have started to stab each other in the back 20 floors away
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 02:14:07 am by carewolf »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2018, 04:30:20 pm »

I can confirm you can happily slaughter non-caravan civ members with no consequence, though upon being slain, you'll get an announcement that Urist McVistor has been found dead (And they'll be due full burial rights as a civ member.) You may also get people who freak out over the death of a family member if they had any in the fortress. For example, I have several tombs in battlejudge containing adventurers I killed for their artifacts who were civ members. No loyalty cascade.

Should also be noted, the militia doesn't take kindly to being attacked in this version while on duty and will respond to it with lethal force, which then prompts the attacker's family or fellow non-fort citizens/travelling buddies to try and help them, leading to small massacres at times if a tantrumer or drunk swings on the active-duty soldiers. Likewise, they don't like seeing people get assaulted and deal with the aggressive party in a similarly over-forceful manner (had a soldier kill three tantruming kids who were beating on a panther I'd bought, and another cave in someone's head when he was beating a carpenter during a fit)

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2018, 07:05:16 pm »

I have to admit that I haven't done any were creature shenanigans in 44.x.  I will have to give it a try if the opportunity arises.