Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Necromancer Arms race Core thread - The Necropolis.  (Read 1697 times)

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Necromancer Arms race Core thread - The Necropolis.
« on: July 17, 2018, 01:55:57 pm »

The master of Necropolis, largest necromancer city in the world, has fallen to the inevitable grasp of death, even with all of his phylacteries and protections. This death has reverberated around the world, with many of the countries aligned with the pantheon of light have Begun creating plans to lay siege to the fortress city of the dead, a near-impossible task only thought of due to the newly created chaos in the city.

Necromancers from around the world flock to the city, eager to make an attempt for the throne before being absorbed into one of the two power blocks that dominate the insides of the city.

Both power blocks are led by apprentices to the former Lord, and each are preparing to defeat the other and claim the city as quickly as possible.

The Black Rose faction, led by Isabella Hawkmourne is Founded upon the principles of Gaining knowledge and Isolating themselves from the outside world that scorns them and their art, acting only in defense of the city and theirs.

and the Bleached Skull faction recently renamed to Ediolon vigil's, led by Damien Blackthorn  Founded upon the idea of Spreading their Ideas, and territory, via force and taking revenge form the outside world that attempts to crush all that they have made.

Right now the leaders of these two factions are competing for the seat of the Necropolis, and the future of the Necromantic city hangs in the balance.
Will the Pantheon of light manage to destroy the city, Will the black rose prove victorious over the Bleached Skull? Vis versa?

TL:DR
The master necromancer is dead and his two Apprentices are vying for the throne due to competing politics. This Civil war also has to contend with attempts by the pantheon of light aligned nation attempting to remove a city filled heretics.

The city of Necropolis is made up of 56 districts. Each district is organized into 1 of 14 ward, With each ward being different from the next. This is due to the early days of the necropolis when instead of one ruling Necromancer king, it was made up of 14 Necromancer lords.

Each necromancer lord customized their ward to their personal tastes and to complement their research. After the first necromancer King managed to conquer the city, he ended the hereditary positions that the lords had been.

Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Buildings (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Combat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Units (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Victory (click to show/hide)

The Black Rose Faction led by Isabella Hawkmourne. Isolationists that wish to keep the status quo and ensure the survival of the Necropolis.
The Ediolon Vigils Faction led by Damien Blackthorn. Would-be conquerors who desire to use the necropolis's might to take revenge on the world that has scorned them.

Discord
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 11:12:28 pm by frostgiant »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancer Arms race Core thread - The Necropolis.
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 02:03:03 pm »

Will see later
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 03:19:21 pm »

Joining the “Bleached Skulls” and the name will indeed be changed

Talion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 03:24:16 pm »

Joining Black Rose.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 11:21:03 pm »

Uh, you have the founder names reversed in the description above and the links below.

Joining the Black Rose, because I want to learnt he secrets of the multiverse not lead some zombies to frighten villagers.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 11:26:17 am »

Uh, you have the founder names reversed in the description above and the links below.

I noticed this as well. Joining black rose.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2018, 11:50:44 am »

Fixed the name issue now that I've woken up.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2018, 01:19:55 pm »

Any Chance I could create a third faction? The Independents-

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2018, 10:09:46 pm »

Any Chance I could create a third faction? The Independents-
I can't help but think that a better third faction would be rogue undead whose controls and/or programming had broken down. Or possibly citizenry who lack magic but have a determination born of the implications of a war that requires a mountain of corpses BEFORE the fighting starts. Then again, there could be the outside world. Looking very closely and preparing to siege, but being unable to secure much support for something that might not be an issue when there are warlords and dragons roaming the land and important banquets to host... That last one would seem to have an obvious bias, but mostly they would want the factions to drain one another and become defunct, and if the expansionists won then they might send out so many forces that the home front would be weakened, resulting in a much easier invasion than would otherwise be possible and a nice resolution to all this icky undead business.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2018, 04:11:37 pm »

Hey Rosies, you got your votes ready yet?

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2018, 11:54:24 pm »

I have some changes that I want to put in place now that I have resolved a turn and seen the numbers involved.
These are changes that I want to make to either fix my own bad balance decisions during creation, due to poor maths, or to make this more logical with a better divide between how resources are handled.

The First Change that I want to make is to cut the income from the Quarry down from 200/turn to 150/turn. I realized that 200/turn is absolutely silly in terms of income for a starting building, on top of a base income that you get from your capitals. As such for better balance and less insane scaling up from such a high base, I would like to tune it down. (Income change would take effect turn 0)

The Second Change I would like to make is changing the Shaft Mine into the Worn-down Blacksmith. This would make no changes to the amount of income that it produces or its cost.  This is due to how similar Shaft mine and quarry are. They are basically the same thing, so instead the worn-down blacksmith will be processing ore instead of collecting it. (this change would take effect turn 0)

The Third Change I would like to make is to remove the cost part of projects (IE the resources you pay when advancing a project outside of normal progress) this is due to bookkeeping and general annoyance with that mechanic. Seeing as its not very important is does not have a very big effect outside of making number keeping harder I feel like this would be a good change.
Designs will still cost 3 dice, they just will not have a cost associated with advancing a project during the design phase, and the Cost roll will be removed. or I can just remove the cost for advancing the project and use Cost roll to help determine the final prototypes cost. (this change would take effect during turn 0)

This turn will still play out as normal, any changes if made will take effect Turn 0
Depending on feedback I will implement these changes, If you guys don’t like these changes then please let me know either in the core thread or through your channel on discord (if it involves team things that you don’t want known) or your faction threads.
Either way, I will have the Design turn finished by tomorrow.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 11:57:12 pm by frostgiant »