Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "The Purge"  (Read 1138 times)

Shadowdragon00

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill the elves with the bear you "borrowed"
    • View Profile
"The Purge"
« on: July 17, 2018, 02:10:04 pm »

Is it possible to force my dwarfs to murder each other?I want to do a purge and have only the strongest survive.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "The Purge"
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 03:18:03 pm »

Hacking them to go berserk should probably do it.

shikushiku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 10:01:17 pm »

Or if you don't wanna cheat, trigger a loyalty cascade?

tussock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 12:48:00 am »

Have a squad kill the captain of the guard, in as public of a place as possible, preferably he'd have a very large family.

Everyone who sees it will immediately notice there's no one to report the murder to, and many will thus take it on themselves to have a part in the fight. Before you know it there'll be half the fort dead, a hospital full of corpses, and a few very stressed dwarfs with very long kill lists. The "toughest" are those who survive the following depression spirals caused by all the rotting dorf corpses.

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2018, 02:43:21 am »

I might be wrong, but I think that you can't direct your military to attack a member of the fortress... But there *is* an easy way to trigger a loyalty cascade.  Wait until the next were attack.  Get someone infected.  Keep them in a visible place in the fortress.  As soon as they turn were and someone attacks them, it can trigger a loyalty cascade.

Insert_Gnome_Here

• Bay Watcher
  • Dosen't really care about anything anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2018, 03:29:31 am »

Or kill a caravan from your own civ. 
Quote from: Max™ on December 06, 2015, 04:09:21 am
Also, if you ever figure out why poets/bards/dancers just randomly start butchering people/getting butchered, please don't fix it, I love never knowing when a dance party will turn into a slaughter.