Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kinks in Landclaiming  (Read 1217 times)

recneps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Kinks in Landclaiming
« on: July 17, 2018, 11:32:19 pm »

I was asking around in a town to see if there were any things to do nearby. They told me that the Lord of some hamlet far to the North was going to attack them.. I decided to stop this. I proclaimed myself lord in a conversation with him. He didn't really respond in any meaningful way, so I killed him to cement my status. I then killed all of his loyalist soldiers, except for the last: he yielded, and I decided to accept his yield.. After he became a hearthperson. I had him follow me around for a bit, but he kept spitting on me because I - his lord - had killed his former lord. To see how my reign was viewed, I asked like 10 different people questions about the current ruler.. On the last two, I noticed something funny. I always introduced myself before asking questions - so they knew who I was, and I them. These last two replied - when asked about the strength of my group - that it was very strong, but that I was considered part of the resistance. So now I'm the Lord of a hamlet, and my only soldier absolutely hates me, and I'm the main rebel against my own reign. What kind of crazy fun things have y'all done with landclaiming?

Draximo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kinks in Landclaiming
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 04:17:13 am »

yes, the naming.

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 07:29:37 pm »

I found that telling stories (or spreading rumours) of me killing the former lord tends to cement my claim.  Eventually they all exchange rumours of the event.  Unfortunately the hatred never seems to stop, which is unfortunate.  It's one of the things I think is kind of screwed up in adventure mode.  There don't seem to be pockets of discontent with the current ruling government.  Either they like the government or they don't care one way or another.  Insurrections seem to be weird as well.  The very few times I've been able to witness an insurrection, I couldn't tell what was going on.  I've never been able to instigate an insurrection either.  But I'm kind of hoping that some of this stuff will be sorted out with the villain arc.  We'll see, I guess...

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 10:18:16 pm »

When I seized control, another lord was just appointed. So there were two lords ruling over the same site.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

recneps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 12:01:58 pm »

I found that telling stories (or spreading rumours) of me killing the former lord tends to cement my claim.  Eventually they all exchange rumours of the event.  Unfortunately the hatred never seems to stop, which is unfortunate.  It's one of the things I think is kind of screwed up in adventure mode.  There don't seem to be pockets of discontent with the current ruling government.  Either they like the government or they don't care one way or another.  Insurrections seem to be weird as well.  The very few times I've been able to witness an insurrection, I couldn't tell what was going on.  I've never been able to instigate an insurrection either.  But I'm kind of hoping that some of this stuff will be sorted out with the villain arc.  We'll see, I guess...
The very first thing that my character did was put down an insurrection. I spawned as a Hearthperson, and almost immediately, a group of 7 or so bards started randomly attacking people, including my lord. Confused the hell out of me at first, but I decided that I should just kill the people attacking my lord.