Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How does conquering work?  (Read 858 times)

jrrocks1

• Bay Watcher
  • Armoks Sword in the Night
    • View Profile
How does conquering work?
« on: July 19, 2018, 06:07:00 pm »

If I send a squad out with orders to demand surrender or conquer does that squad stay there or do they come back?
From the forests of Elves, To the shores of Humans, To the Towers of Goblins, We fight our own battles, On land and on Sea, We fight for glory, We fight for gold, We are proud to call ourselves
A Dwarven Viking

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How does conquering work?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 06:11:50 pm »

If I send a squad out with orders to demand surrender or conquer does that squad stay there or do they come back?
They stay, but you can call them back by sending a messenger. It's safe to call everyone back as insurrections are turned off right now.

Mort Stroodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 10:31:37 pm »

Are the historical figures you can request the only benefit to occupation right now? Or can you get tribute from your occupied sites? It feels like it would make sense for you to be able to demand some kind of rudimentary taxation.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 12:48:58 am »

Are the historical figures you can request the only benefit to occupation right now? Or can you get tribute from your occupied sites? It feels like it would make sense for you to be able to demand some kind of rudimentary taxation.
Right now, that's it (as well as providing somewhere safe for stressed dorfs to retire).

Hopefully tributes/taxes from holdings will be added when messengers get a few more options. There should be additions there during this phase, the army stuff will require some more interaction with messengers to get at all those juicy hillock pops.

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2018, 06:53:08 pm »

They stay, but you can call them back by sending a messenger. It's safe to call everyone back as insurrections are turned off right now.
I'm only able to get back some of them. The self-appointed administrator always stays, and one or two others out of a ten-dwarf squad also won't come back.