Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: [MOD]Liberal Overhaul+Rebalance  (Read 54451 times)

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[MOD]Liberal Overhaul+Rebalance
« on: July 20, 2018, 07:00:46 pm »

The Liberal Overhaul and Rebalance mod intends to overhaul LCS and rebalance existing elements.

Download it here. Drag and drop into your "art" folder, but make a backup of it first. Check the ModdingChanges.Txt file that comes with the files, as it is a readme and contains the FULL list of changes that would not fit on this forum post. Intended for use with LCS 4.12.41 and higher, not Terra Vitae (sorry). This is still a work in progress.

Primary Features:
CQC Rebalance
In vanilla LCS, assault rifles were the ultimate weapon, and the other guns weren't really worth using much. That has changed.

Weapons are rebalanced around close-quarters combat. Pistols, shotguns, and SMGs have accuracy bonuses while rifles get accuracy penalties to represent how unwieldy they are in close quarters. Carbines get reduced accuracy penalties in comparison to full-size rifles. In addition, all rifles have nerfed critical hit chances.

Non-rifles are significantly more viable than in vanilla LCS. It is also harder to land successive hits on a target with burst weapons, as many weapons have increased successive attack difficulties to simulate recoil.

Melee, Firearms as Clubs, and Molotovs have received armor piercing buffs to slightly offset their uselessness. Firearms as Clubs have also received damage buffs.

Reduced Instant Death
Random damage has been rebalanced to be less insane, reducing the frequent occurrences of getting instantly killed by a .38 or 9mm handgun. Guns do less random damage, but more fixed damage. Single shots are more survivable.

Integrated Changes from Liberal Additions
This mod aims to be a continuation of the Liberal Additions mod. Changes from Liberal Additions will be included.

More Weapons and Ammo
Additional weapon variety for LCS. From Brass Knuckles to M14's to MG42's, there are a wider range of weapons available that will be purchasable in stores or used by Conservatives.

AA-12 Overhaul
AA-12 has been buffed. It uses slug rounds for increased Armor Piercing, and a 20-round drum magazine. Unfortunately, this precludes the sharing of ammo with other shotguns due to how "clips" work in LCS.

MP5 Buff
Mag size increased to 30

Syringe and Flamethrower
Syringe causes bleeding and the Flamethrower is legal until gun laws become Liberal. Why? Because flamethrowers are somehow less regulated than marijuana in the US.

Certain melee weapons do NOT protect against kidnapping anymore:
Torch
Guitar
Spraycan
Cross
Chain
Syringe

More melee weapons can take hostages quietly:
Baseball Bat
Crowbar
Dwarven Hammer
Maul

Firearms that can now fit under a trenchcoat (Size 10)
M4 Carbine

Melee Weapons that can now fit under a trenchcoat (Size 10):
Katana
Sword
Baseball Bat
Axe
Nightstick
Maul

Melee Weapons that can now hit twice:
Crowbar
Katana
Sword
Staff

Melee Weapons that can now hit 3x:
Nightstick
Spraycan

New Weapons
Currently, many weapons reuse vanilla game ammunition. Due to the wide variety of magazine capacities and calibers, adding in all of them individually would take forever and add unnecessary bloat. Unfortunately, this will mean that some weapons have incorrect magazine capacities in the interest of sharing ammunition. This is in part because a 9mm SMG mag and a 9mm Pistol mag are incompatible in LCS, for example. They cannot share ammo.

Submachine Guns
TDI Vector (Uses SMG mag) - 2x Burst
Tommy Gun (Uses SMG mag) - 5x Burst
UMP45 (Uses SMG mag) - 3x Burst
MP40 (Uses SMG mag) - 3x Burst
P90 (Uses SMG mag) - 3x Burst
PPSH (Uses SMG mag) - 5x Burst

Pistols / Machine Pistols
Five SeveN (Uses 5.7 mag)
MAC-10 (Uses .45 mag) - 5x Burst
TEC-9 (Uses 9mm mag) - 4x Burst

Melee
Brass Knuckles
Spiked Knuckles
Tomahawk

Shotguns
Sawed-Off Shotgun (uses Sawed-Off Shotgun shells)
Serbu Super Shorty (uses Sawed-Off Shotgun shells)

Rifles
M14 (Uses Battle Rifle mag)  - 3x Burst
Sniper Rifle (Uses Sniper Rifle mag)

Heavy Weapons
PKM (Uses Machinegun drum)  - 5x Burst
MG42 (Uses Machinegun drum)  - 7x Burst
XM214 Microgun (Uses Machinegun drum)  - 10x Burst

New Clips
5.7 Mag
Used by the Five SeveN.

P90 Mag
Used by the P90.

Sniper Rifle Mag
Used by the Sniper Rifle.

Battle rifle Mag
Used by the M14.

Sawn-Off Shotgun Shells
Used by the Sawn-Off and Super Shorty.

AA-12 Drum
Used by the AA-12.

Armor Changes
Police Armor
Protection nerfed to 6 (Body)

Deathsquad Uniform
Renamed to Deathsquad Armor
6 Body / 4 Head protection
6 Drug Bonus for interrogation

Heavy Ceramic Armor
10 Base Power for interrogation
8 Assault Bonus
6 Drug Bonus

SEAL Suit
8 Assault Bonus for interrogation
6 Drug Bonus

Lab Coat
4 Drug Bonus

Vehicles

All vehicles are available at dealership

Agent Car
Renamed to Supercar
Variety of colors added
Can be stolen (nearly impossible). 50 Juice + 32 Heat for stealing. Has an alarm.

HMMWV
Can be stolen (nearly impossible). 50 Juice + 24 Heat for stealing. Has an alarm.

Creatures
Police Officer
Wider range of weapons to spawn with.
Occasionally spawns with a Police Uniform instead of Police Armor.

Soldier
Wider range of weapons to spawn with.
Occasionally spawns with a Army Uniform instead of Army Armor.

Gang Units, Death Squads, CCS Officers, Agents, other NPCs
Wider range of weapons to spawn with. Check the readme for the full list, as there are too many and the character limit would be reached.

Spending
All shops
Fullscreen interface is used

Sold at the Pawnshop:
Certain guns and certain melee weapons added by this mod, along with ammo for those guns.

Sold at the Oubliette:
Melee weapons added by this mod

Dept. Store and Arms Dealer:
WIP.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 10:30:44 pm by Taberone »

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD]CQB Rebalance and Reduced Instakills 0.1
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 01:53:43 pm »

Heh, I actually like the one-shot kills, so I'm not offended at all  :)

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 01:55:11 pm »

Heh, I actually like the one-shot kills, so I'm not offended at all  :)

One-shot kills to the torso from .38 revolvers and 9mms is a bit ridiculous to me, personally. Combat being extremely lethal due to RNG damage also means that Liberals pretty much never get arrested or crippled, since they'll usually just die outright. I kinda wish incapacitation, rather than instant death, was more common in LCS. There isn't much of an incapacitation system in LCS, unless your spine breaks. Being "Badly Wounded" or below isn't really incapacitated, since you can still move.

Something like going below zero health incapacitating, but going below -50 health killing would be neat.

Spoiler: Mod Changelog (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 11:47:38 pm by Taberone »

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 12:02:39 am »

I have to agree that the combat system isn't that realistic, and have been planning (on back burner) on doing something about it.

A one-hit insta-kill with a .38 revolver is pretty realistic, but a .38 revolver is not a reliable one-hit insta-kill weapon except in the hands of a quite competent marksman. A hit to the chest from a .38 could realistically mean anything from instant death, instant incapacitation followed by death, instant incapacitation followed by recovery, non-incapacitation followed (later) by death, or even non-incapacitation followed by recovery.

That said, I do get liberals who are wounded being captured fairly regularly. The problem is the movement system, honestly - movement is dependent on the squad, and not on its members!

There is an issue that I'd like to discuss, actually, but it's off-topic for this mod, so I will make a new thread for it.

cdru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 03:31:03 am »

I played with this mod and it's great. Armor actually helps and even unarmored characters don't die easily from gunshot wounds. The accuracy change made me use SMGs as primary weapons. A thing i found out is that the mod also makes it easier for lone liberals to fight groups of enemies

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2018, 09:47:56 am »

Now that I've rebalanced the guns, I'm thinking about combining this with parts of my previous Liberal Additions mod, and even adding some a new thing previously not seen in that mod. Specific things I had in mind at the moment:

P90 and Five SeveN (SMG/Pistol with same Armor Piercing as Assault Rifles)

Expanded Conservative Armory (Conservatives have more guns to shoot you with, ex. Deathsquads and Soldiers use more than just M16's only, CCS bosses have more weapons they can spawn)

Deathsquad Uniform having Armor (I can't just add a separate Deathsquad Armor, because then it won't count as a disguise in Police Station)

Fix "harmless" weapons protecting from kidnapping, ex. syringe or cross

Increased melee weapon armor piercing?

Vehicle changes, like more cars giving Juice on theft, all cars being stealable (yet really rare in case of the previously unstealable ones) and all cars being buyable at Dealership (yet really expensive, especially Agent Cars and Army Humvees)

Possibly add some guns from Classic Liberal Additions (ex. .45 SMG maybe the UMP, disguised weaponry, machine pistols, throwing knives, paintball guns)?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 01:09:21 pm by Taberone »

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD]CQB Rebalance and Reduced Instakills 0.3
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2018, 01:11:56 pm »

0.3 update is out. Working on melee weapons now, and currently knives/swords have increased armor piercing. I'll get to the blunt weapons (Bat/Nightstick/etc) if I can, but I have to visit my great grandmother in Hawaii tomorrow for two weeks. And she has no computer, so I can't exactly do any modding.

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2019, 07:32:51 pm »

It's been a long while, but been working on this again. Thinking of adding even more guns, and not just the ones from Liberal Additions like the .357 or the Paintball Guns. Main theme with a good portion of the new guns is German and Russian weaponry. German guns will be found in the hands of Conservatives, while Russian guns will be available to purchase for your Liberals if they desire more violent revolutions.

Changes from Liberal Additions WILL be implemented, like gaining Juice for stealing cars or Expanded Conservative Armory. In addition, thinking of changing the mod name to something like Liberal Overhaul and Rebalance.

Implemented, but not yet released:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Potential new SMGs:

Potential new pistols, revolvers, and machine pistols:

Potential new rifles and carbines:

Potential ports from Liberal Additions:

I still have no idea how I'm going to handle the inevitable ammo clusterfuck from adding so many different guns, all with varying calibers and mag capacities. This is because of how ammo is implemented in LCS. Ammo is tracked by magazines, and each magazine can only hold a certain number of rounds. The Luger and TEC-9 might both be 9mm, for example, but they both have different capacities. Needing both a special "8-round" mag that only the Luger can use, and a special "32-round" mag that only the TEC-9 can use?

Last time I played LCS (which was a year or two ago), LCS did NOT let you unload magazines and transfer the ammo to others, so you can't unload a 30-round 9mm SMG mag and use it to refill your 15-round pistol mags.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 07:34:34 pm by Taberone »

The Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2019, 12:24:32 am »

I still have no idea how I'm going to handle the inevitable ammo clusterfuck from adding so many different guns, all with varying calibers and mag capacities. This is because of how ammo is implemented in LCS. Ammo is tracked by magazines, and each magazine can only hold a certain number of rounds. The Luger and TEC-9 might both be 9mm, for example, but they both have different capacities. Needing both a special "8-round" mag that only the Luger can use, and a special "32-round" mag that only the TEC-9 can use?

Last time I played LCS (which was a year or two ago), LCS did NOT let you unload magazines and transfer the ammo to others, so you can't unload a 30-round 9mm SMG mag and use it to refill your 15-round pistol mags.

Yeah, this was always an annoyance of mine, especially when you loot a lot of stuff from enemies so you end up with a ton of clips that are like 14/15 because they managed to get a shot or two off before you killed them. I feel like you could potentially rework it so that ammo stored in bases is counted in "bullets" rather than "clips", though. It would be a bit of an overhaul but the way I imagine it working is like this:

-Clip items would still exist, but only for the purpose of carrying it around during squad actions.
-When a clip is dumped into a base inventory, instead of tracking the item directly it would just dump its remaining capacity into a counter for the ammo type in the base
-When Liberals add a clip to their inventory, it subtracts from the ammo counter in the base and gives them one clip appropriate to the weapon they have equipped, provided the base still has enough left to give them a full clip. If it's short, it just gives them a partially filled clip and then won't let them take any more.
-Clips looted during squad activity or purchased from a store wouldn't have to change functionality. The conversion would only happen when moving things to/from base inventory.

The main thing that would be needed here is to modify the base handler to track ammo counts of different ammo types as a property of the base, rather than just storing references to inventory object. The second thing would be some way of tagging ammo types on clips so that the game knows that a 30 round 9mm SMG magazine and a 15 round 9mm pistol magazine are both actually the same kind of bullets and to sort them into the same pool when stored at a base. There would also need to be some kind of change to transferring items between bases, since ammo would no longer be stored as items but you'd still probably want to be able to move it from one place to another.
LCS Graphical Remake:

https://the-cheshire-cat.itch.io/lcs
Current progress: ~100%

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2019, 02:25:33 pm »

Yeah, this was always an annoyance of mine, especially when you loot a lot of stuff from enemies so you end up with a ton of clips that are like 14/15 because they managed to get a shot or two off before you killed them. I feel like you could potentially rework it so that ammo stored in bases is counted in "bullets" rather than "clips", though. It would be a bit of an overhaul but the way I imagine it working is like this:

-Clip items would still exist, but only for the purpose of carrying it around during squad actions.
-When a clip is dumped into a base inventory, instead of tracking the item directly it would just dump its remaining capacity into a counter for the ammo type in the base
-When Liberals add a clip to their inventory, it subtracts from the ammo counter in the base and gives them one clip appropriate to the weapon they have equipped, provided the base still has enough left to give them a full clip. If it's short, it just gives them a partially filled clip and then won't let them take any more.
-Clips looted during squad activity or purchased from a store wouldn't have to change functionality. The conversion would only happen when moving things to/from base inventory.

The main thing that would be needed here is to modify the base handler to track ammo counts of different ammo types as a property of the base, rather than just storing references to inventory object. The second thing would be some way of tagging ammo types on clips so that the game knows that a 30 round 9mm SMG magazine and a 15 round 9mm pistol magazine are both actually the same kind of bullets and to sort them into the same pool when stored at a base. There would also need to be some kind of change to transferring items between bases, since ammo would no longer be stored as items but you'd still probably want to be able to move it from one place to another.

I have no idea how to do any of this, but I'd love to. I still cannot compile LCS for the love of me in order to get rid of the hardcoded bullshit that's everywhere, nor do I actually know how to. I don't know any C++ and stuff.

To cut down on the clusterfuck, might just make ammo more generic (Ex. "Light pistol", "Heavy Pistol", "Light Revolver", "Heavy Revolver,"). LCS already has this "generic" ammo thing with the Assault Rifles, where an M16 and AK both use the same mags.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 02:27:33 pm by Taberone »

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Incidentally, if you post what you did in the rebalance, I can update TV accordingly.

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Incidentally, if you post what you did in the rebalance, I can update TV accordingly.

Still not finished with the rebalance yet, but I can send it in a PM or something after I'm done.

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD]CQB Rebalance + Reduced Instakills 0.3 (Liberal Overhaul+Rebalance?)
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2019, 12:48:34 am »

0.4 added. It is still not done, because I went a BIT overboard and added in a shitton of guns and melee weapons (but they do not spawn anywhere in the game yet) on top of further tweaks to vanilla weapons. Have a little something while I work on adding the rest.

Notable changes off the top of my head (See the attached readme in the dropbox link to see full changes):

Generic-ish ammo piles like "Heavy Pistol" or "Light Pistol" to accommodate for a variety of weapon calibers and capacities, because I am NOT making 8-round 9mm magazines (Luger), 8-round .45 magazines (.45 Pistol), 7.62x25 magazines (Tokarev TT-33) 32-round 9mm magazines (TEC-9), 7.62×54mmR drums (PKM) and so on just so that all guns have correct ammo, since you can't transfer ammo from one mag to another. You'll be drowning in Luger mags (9mm), yet be starving of 9mm SMG mags (also 9mm).

Further attempts to rebalance guns and reduce one-shot kills from non-burst weapons. Also standardized damage from melee weapons.

Added, but not implemented: Unarmed weapons like brass knuckles, MP40 and PPSH, TEC-9, Tomahawk, Sniper Rifle, P90 and Five SeveN, PKM, MG42, Microgun,

All vehicles available at dealership, gain Juice for stealing Agent Cars, HMMWV

Weapon size rebalances and several weak melee weapons now do not protect against kidnapping (ex. cross, spraycan)

Real-world weapon names (Ex. ".45 Pistol" --> Colt 1911)

Certain armors have drug/assault bonuses during interrogation, Deathsquad Uniform is now Deathsquad Armor (No more free M16's for you!)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 09:44:31 am by Taberone »

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD]Liberal Overhaul+Rebalance 0.4
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2019, 09:15:31 am »

Agent cars? Are those armed with rockets and machine guns? ;-)

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD]Liberal Overhaul+Rebalance 0.4
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2019, 04:59:59 pm »

Agent cars? Are those armed with rockets and machine guns? ;-)

If I knew how to make vehicles have weapons integrated into them, it would be cool. Imagine an entire squad of LCS operatives stealing a tank and firing the turret backwards at the police as they drive off? Or Agents trying to blow up the entire car with you inside as you escape from the Ministry of Love.
Pages: [1] 2 3