Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [MOD]CQB Rebalance and Reduced Instakills 0.3  (Read 760 times)

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[MOD]CQB Rebalance and Reduced Instakills 0.3
« on: July 20, 2018, 07:00:46 pm »

Been working on a mod that rebalances guns. Anyone interested in trying it out? Need some input from the community on it. Backup your weapons.xml and clips.xml files before trying it out. Intended for use with LCS 4.12.21, not Terra Vitae (sorry).

Download it here.

The mod aims to:
1) Rebalance guns around close quarters combat (since IIRC, LCS combat is assumed to take place in close quarters). In general, bigger weapons have an accuracy penalty due to being unwieldy in CQB, while smaller weapons have an accuracy bonus. It is also harder to land successive hits on a target with burst weapons (except for M249 at the moment, haven't touched it much except for damage values. Will get to the M249 soon.)

2) Reduce the constant one-shot kills to the torso, especially from weaker weapons like .38 revolvers and pistols. Combat is intended to be slightly more survivable for both Liberals and Conservatives alike. This is done by making the random damage less insane (Ex. 9mm pistol's "random damage" value goes all the way up to 181 in vanilla LCS)

3) Make non-assault rifles a little more viable. In vanilla LCS, assault rifles were the ultimate weapon, and the other guns weren't really worth using much.

Note: Burst-weapons like AK47/M16/MP5/etc are still very likely to kill in one round of combat despite damage nerfs, since they hit multiple times. You'll still get one-burst killed a lot by automatic weapons, but you won't get one-shot killed by pistols as much.

0.2 Update:
AA-12 uses slugs for armor piercing
Slight .45 pistol capacity nerf to 12 rounds
M249 accuracy nerf
Flamethrower accuracy buff

0.3 Update:
Knives/Swords weapons have increased armor piercing

Future Plans:
Possible rename to "Liberal Rebalancing"
Integrate other changes made by previous Liberal Additions mod, like stealing a car giving Juice (and Heat) and armor/pawnshop/arms dealer changes
Continue working on melee weapons
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 01:10:52 pm by Taberone »

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD]CQB Rebalance and Reduced Instakills 0.1
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 01:53:43 pm »

Heh, I actually like the one-shot kills, so I'm not offended at all  :)

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 01:55:11 pm »

Heh, I actually like the one-shot kills, so I'm not offended at all  :)

One-shot kills to the torso from .38 revolvers and 9mms is a bit ridiculous to me, personally. Combat being extremely lethal due to RNG damage also means that Liberals pretty much never get arrested or crippled, since they'll usually just die outright. I kinda wish incapacitation, rather than instant death, was more common in LCS. There isn't much of an incapacitation system in LCS, unless your spine breaks. Being "Badly Wounded" or below isn't really incapacitated, since you can still move.

Something like going below zero health incapacitating, but going below -50 health killing would be neat.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 02:18:36 pm by Taberone »

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 12:02:39 am »

I have to agree that the combat system isn't that realistic, and have been planning (on back burner) on doing something about it.

A one-hit insta-kill with a .38 revolver is pretty realistic, but a .38 revolver is not a reliable one-hit insta-kill weapon except in the hands of a quite competent marksman. A hit to the chest from a .38 could realistically mean anything from instant death, instant incapacitation followed by death, instant incapacitation followed by recovery, non-incapacitation followed (later) by death, or even non-incapacitation followed by recovery.

That said, I do get liberals who are wounded being captured fairly regularly. The problem is the movement system, honestly - movement is dependent on the squad, and not on its members!

There is an issue that I'd like to discuss, actually, but it's off-topic for this mod, so I will make a new thread for it.

cdru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 03:31:03 am »

I played with this mod and it's great. Armor actually helps and even unarmored characters don't die easily from gunshot wounds. The accuracy change made me use SMGs as primary weapons. A thing i found out is that the mod also makes it easier for lone liberals to fight groups of enemies

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2018, 09:47:56 am »

Now that I've rebalanced the guns, I'm thinking about combining this with parts of my previous Liberal Additions mod, and even adding some a new thing previously not seen in that mod. Specific things I had in mind at the moment:

P90 and Five SeveN (SMG/Pistol with same Armor Piercing as Assault Rifles)

Expanded Conservative Armory (Conservatives have more guns to shoot you with, ex. Deathsquads and Soldiers use more than just M16's only, CCS bosses have more weapons they can spawn)

Deathsquad Uniform having Armor (I can't just add a separate Deathsquad Armor, because then it won't count as a disguise in Police Station)

Fix "harmless" weapons protecting from kidnapping, ex. syringe or cross

Increased melee weapon armor piercing?

Vehicle changes, like more cars giving Juice on theft, all cars being stealable (yet really rare in case of the previously unstealable ones) and all cars being buyable at Dealership (yet really expensive, especially Agent Cars and Army Humvees)

Possibly add some guns from Classic Liberal Additions (ex. .45 SMG maybe the UMP, disguised weaponry, machine pistols, throwing knives, paintball guns)?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 01:09:21 pm by Taberone »

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD]CQB Rebalance and Reduced Instakills 0.3
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2018, 01:11:56 pm »

0.3 update is out. Working on melee weapons now, and currently knives/swords have increased armor piercing. I'll get to the blunt weapons (Bat/Nightstick/etc) if I can, but I have to visit my great grandmother in Hawaii tomorrow for two weeks. And she has no computer, so I can't exactly do any modding.