Other Projects > Curses

[MOD]Liberal Overhaul+Rebalance

(1/8) > >>

Taberone:
The Liberal Overhaul and Rebalance mod intends to overhaul LCS and rebalance existing elements.

Download it here. Drag and drop into your "art" folder, but make a backup of it first. Check the ModdingChanges.Txt file that comes with the files, as it is a readme and contains the FULL list of changes that would not fit on this forum post. Intended for use with LCS 4.12.41 and higher, not Terra Vitae (sorry). This is still a work in progress.

Primary Features:
CQC Rebalance
In vanilla LCS, assault rifles were the ultimate weapon, and the other guns weren't really worth using much. That has changed.

Weapons are rebalanced around close-quarters combat. Pistols, shotguns, and SMGs have accuracy bonuses while rifles get accuracy penalties to represent how unwieldy they are in close quarters. Carbines get reduced accuracy penalties in comparison to full-size rifles. In addition, all rifles have nerfed critical hit chances.

Non-rifles are significantly more viable than in vanilla LCS. It is also harder to land successive hits on a target with burst weapons, as many weapons have increased successive attack difficulties to simulate recoil.

Melee, Firearms as Clubs, and Molotovs have received armor piercing buffs to slightly offset their uselessness. Firearms as Clubs have also received damage buffs.

Reduced Instant Death
Random damage has been rebalanced to be less insane, reducing the frequent occurrences of getting instantly killed by a .38 or 9mm handgun. Guns do less random damage, but more fixed damage. Single shots are more survivable.

Integrated Changes from Liberal Additions
This mod aims to be a continuation of the Liberal Additions mod. Changes from Liberal Additions will be included.

More Weapons and Ammo
Additional weapon variety for LCS. From Brass Knuckles to M14's to MG42's, there are a wider range of weapons available that will be purchasable in stores or used by Conservatives.

AA-12 Overhaul
AA-12 has been buffed. It uses slug rounds for increased Armor Piercing, and a 20-round drum magazine. Unfortunately, this precludes the sharing of ammo with other shotguns due to how "clips" work in LCS.

MP5 Buff
Mag size increased to 30

Syringe and Flamethrower
Syringe causes bleeding and the Flamethrower is legal until gun laws become Liberal. Why? Because flamethrowers are somehow less regulated than marijuana in the US.

Certain melee weapons do NOT protect against kidnapping anymore:
Torch
Guitar
Spraycan
Cross
Chain
Syringe

More melee weapons can take hostages quietly:
Baseball Bat
Crowbar
Dwarven Hammer
Maul

Firearms that can now fit under a trenchcoat (Size 10)
M4 Carbine

Melee Weapons that can now fit under a trenchcoat (Size 10):
Katana
Sword
Baseball Bat
Axe
Nightstick
Maul

Melee Weapons that can now hit twice:
Crowbar
Katana
Sword
Staff

Melee Weapons that can now hit 3x:
Nightstick
Spraycan

New Weapons
Currently, many weapons reuse vanilla game ammunition. Due to the wide variety of magazine capacities and calibers, adding in all of them individually would take forever and add unnecessary bloat. Unfortunately, this will mean that some weapons have incorrect magazine capacities in the interest of sharing ammunition. This is in part because a 9mm SMG mag and a 9mm Pistol mag are incompatible in LCS, for example. They cannot share ammo.

Submachine Guns
TDI Vector (Uses SMG mag) - 2x Burst
Tommy Gun (Uses SMG mag) - 5x Burst
UMP45 (Uses SMG mag) - 3x Burst
MP40 (Uses SMG mag) - 3x Burst
P90 (Uses SMG mag) - 3x Burst
PPSH (Uses SMG mag) - 5x Burst

Pistols / Machine Pistols
Five SeveN (Uses 5.7 mag)
MAC-10 (Uses .45 mag) - 5x Burst
TEC-9 (Uses 9mm mag) - 4x Burst

Melee
Brass Knuckles
Spiked Knuckles
Tomahawk

Shotguns
Sawed-Off Shotgun (uses Sawed-Off Shotgun shells)
Serbu Super Shorty (uses Sawed-Off Shotgun shells)

Rifles
M14 (Uses Battle Rifle mag)  - 3x Burst
Sniper Rifle (Uses Sniper Rifle mag)

Heavy Weapons
PKM (Uses Machinegun drum)  - 5x Burst
MG42 (Uses Machinegun drum)  - 7x Burst
XM214 Microgun (Uses Machinegun drum)  - 10x Burst

New Clips
5.7 Mag
Used by the Five SeveN.

P90 Mag
Used by the P90.

Sniper Rifle Mag
Used by the Sniper Rifle.

Battle rifle Mag
Used by the M14.

Sawn-Off Shotgun Shells
Used by the Sawn-Off and Super Shorty.

AA-12 Drum
Used by the AA-12.

Armor Changes
Police Armor
Protection nerfed to 6 (Body)

Deathsquad Uniform
Renamed to Deathsquad Armor
6 Body / 4 Head protection
6 Drug Bonus for interrogation

Heavy Ceramic Armor
10 Base Power for interrogation
8 Assault Bonus
6 Drug Bonus

SEAL Suit
8 Assault Bonus for interrogation
6 Drug Bonus

Lab Coat
4 Drug Bonus

Vehicles

All vehicles are available at dealership

Agent Car
Renamed to Supercar
Variety of colors added
Can be stolen (nearly impossible). 50 Juice + 32 Heat for stealing. Has an alarm.

HMMWV
Can be stolen (nearly impossible). 50 Juice + 24 Heat for stealing. Has an alarm.

Creatures
Police Officer
Wider range of weapons to spawn with.
Occasionally spawns with a Police Uniform instead of Police Armor.

Soldier
Wider range of weapons to spawn with.
Occasionally spawns with a Army Uniform instead of Army Armor.

Gang Units, Death Squads, CCS Officers, Agents, other NPCs
Wider range of weapons to spawn with. Check the readme for the full list, as there are too many and the character limit would be reached.

Spending
All shops
Fullscreen interface is used

Sold at the Pawnshop:
Certain guns and certain melee weapons added by this mod, along with ammo for those guns.

Sold at the Oubliette:
Melee weapons added by this mod

Dept. Store and Arms Dealer:
WIP.

SlatersQuest:
Heh, I actually like the one-shot kills, so I'm not offended at all  :)

Taberone:

--- Quote from: SlatersQuest on July 21, 2018, 01:53:43 pm ---Heh, I actually like the one-shot kills, so I'm not offended at all  :)

--- End quote ---

One-shot kills to the torso from .38 revolvers and 9mms is a bit ridiculous to me, personally. Combat being extremely lethal due to RNG damage also means that Liberals pretty much never get arrested or crippled, since they'll usually just die outright. I kinda wish incapacitation, rather than instant death, was more common in LCS. There isn't much of an incapacitation system in LCS, unless your spine breaks. Being "Badly Wounded" or below isn't really incapacitated, since you can still move.

Something like going below zero health incapacitating, but going below -50 health killing would be neat.

Spoiler: Mod Changelog (click to show/hide)0.2 Update:
AA-12 uses slugs for armor piercing
Slight .45 pistol capacity nerf to 12 rounds
M249 accuracy nerf
Flamethrower accuracy buff

0.3 Update:
Knives/Swords weapons have increased armor piercing

0.4 Update:
Lots of changes, changed name from "CQB Rebalance" to "Liberal Overhaul+Rebalance." See attached "modding changes" txt to see full details.

0.5 Update:
Standardized weapon damage, accuracy bonuses (or penalties), and successive attack difficulty for all guns and melee. See attached "modding changes" txt to see full details. Overall, it is a mixed nerf and buff with more focus on fixed, rather than random, weapon damage.

0.6 Update:
Standardized armor piercing for using empty guns as clubs. Begin work on Conservative Armory Expansion, add the new guns to the list of weapons that certain NPCs can use.

0.6B Update:
LCS 4.12.41 Required.

Continuing work on Conservative Armory Expansion.
Deathsquads: AA-12, M249, MG42, MP40, P90, .44 Mag, Desert Eagle, Vector, Microgun
Agents: .45 Pistol, Five SeveN, P90, AA-12, Vector, UMP-45, MP40, Tommy Gun, Desert Eagle, MAC-10, TEC-9, Sniper
CCS Officer: Now capable of using the Microgun.

Armor and Interrogation:
SWAT Armor now has an Assault Bonus.

0.7 Update: Conservative Armory Expansion
   Police Gang Units: AR-15, .45 Pistol, .44 Magnum
   Deathsquads: AA-12, M249, MG42, MP40, P90, .44 Mag, Desert Eagle, Vector, Microgun
   CEOs: Five SeveN, .44 Mag
   Agents: .45 Pistol, Five SeveN, P90, AA-12, Vector, UMP-45, MP40, Tommy Gun, Desert Eagle, MAC-10, TEC-9, Sniper
   Secret Service: MAC-10, TEC-9, .45 Pistol, P90, Five SeveN, Vector, UMP45, MP40, M4 Carbine
   CCS Officer: M249, Flamethrower, MG42, MP40, Microgun
   Military Police: P90, Five SeveN, Vector, UMP45, MP40, MG42, .45 Pistol, .44 Mag, AA-12, Desert Eagle, MP5, Tomahawk
   Soldier: Shotgun, M4 Carbine, 9mm Pistol, .45 Pistol, MP5, Tomahawk, Combat Knife
   SEALs: P90, Five SeveN, AA-12, Vector, Combat Knife, Tomahawk
   SWAT: P90, Five SeveN, UMP45

0.7B Update:
Baseball Bat, Crowbar, Hammer, Maul can take hostages quietly
All shops use Fullscreen interface for buying
Oubliette sells Pitchfork, Brass Knuckles, Spiked Knuckles

0.8 Update:
Massive list of changes, too many to list. Good progress being made on the mod.

Beyond 0.8:
Moved to Github. Check the commit history for updates.

SlatersQuest:
I have to agree that the combat system isn't that realistic, and have been planning (on back burner) on doing something about it.

A one-hit insta-kill with a .38 revolver is pretty realistic, but a .38 revolver is not a reliable one-hit insta-kill weapon except in the hands of a quite competent marksman. A hit to the chest from a .38 could realistically mean anything from instant death, instant incapacitation followed by death, instant incapacitation followed by recovery, non-incapacitation followed (later) by death, or even non-incapacitation followed by recovery.

That said, I do get liberals who are wounded being captured fairly regularly. The problem is the movement system, honestly - movement is dependent on the squad, and not on its members!

There is an issue that I'd like to discuss, actually, but it's off-topic for this mod, so I will make a new thread for it.

cdru:
I played with this mod and it's great. Armor actually helps and even unarmored characters don't die easily from gunshot wounds. The accuracy change made me use SMGs as primary weapons. A thing i found out is that the mod also makes it easier for lone liberals to fight groups of enemies

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version