Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: Demigodhood Multiverse: T'agsassith IC Thread  (Read 5345 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Demigodhood Multiverse: T'agsassith IC Thread
« on: July 20, 2018, 10:09:58 pm »

CLICK HERE for the OOC thread!

Psychic channels open up to your mind. T'agsassith is a world that barely clings to existence. It had been destroyed from millennia of neglect by the former resident God of the Night. All that remains now are memories, which somehow appear to be taking physical form; a fantastical dreamscape dimension... Or perhaps a nightmare!

Two things come to mind. You could interact with this world, to learn from its history or try to heal it... Or you can accept the death of this world and open your mind to it to draw its residual power into yourself. But beware: the more you open your mind the more vulnerable you become to its influence!

Unique world rule:
This is a world of thoughts. A demigod can "Enter" the world simply by thinking about it hard enough. This does not actually change their physical location, and thus it can be inhabited at the same time as another world. Interacting with this world can affect the real you in other worlds! This can be either good or bad...
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Demigodhood Multiverse: T'agsassith IC Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 10:10:53 pm »

The psychic signal resonates through space in time. How strong can it be heard from other worlds? You can actually feel that. See below. The stronger your signal to this world is, the more you can interact with it.

Limitless Signal
T'agsassith (Only while not in any other world)

Medium Signal
Mostibimketh

Weak Signal
Cat Heaven
Mal-Va-Gar-Ta-Mor
Ameranthin
Cadassi Dan Dakrian
Occiona
Terra
Mira
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 07:21:20 am by Supernerd »
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 10:20:48 pm »

Arajakata enters the world, or not, he isn't quite sure what with it being a mindscape, but at least schrodinger's cat didn't follow him...
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 10:30:08 pm »

Arajakata
Arajakata mauta bhagya, or "Arajakata" for short as it is a long true name... Finds himself in an empty white room...

This dreamscape is a reflection of the mind. As your mind wanders, so too does your mental avatar... But what kinds of things would a demigod think about?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 10:37:31 pm »

This god Thinks about how bland this room is for a few moments, before thinking on the god that destroyed it, one he has not met, and yet feels that through memories of this place will... before finally turning his thoughts to how long its been since he had a good stiff drink.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2018, 10:57:44 pm »

Arajakata
The world seems to sort of fade away for a moment, as your thoughts begin to mesh with the world around you...

You find yourself in what appears to be a tavern... There are a number of square tables around the room. There is a door behind you, and another two to your right. There is a long counter in front of you.

You also find that you are not alone here. A number of creatures sit at the tables. They are mammalian in nature and stand up to six feet tall. They have a bipedal form, are covered in black fur with yellow strips and they have very large ears roughly a foot in diameter. Evidently, they enjoy a nice drink sometimes.

The man, or possibly woman? Standing behind the bar greets you. He/she comments that they haven't seen you around here before, and ask what they can get for you... He/she appears to be surprisingly unconcerned about your unusual appearance.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2018, 08:51:07 am »

Gilbert pounces through an icy portal, and investigates the surroundings.
it's over

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2018, 11:47:30 am »

Gilbert
You allow your mind to wander into this world while you are in a state of wakefulness. The surroundings look just like the place that you came from - monstrous cats, with tentacles, red eyes, and huge teeth can be seen here. They remain as still as a statue... Before you lies a rusted building-like construction.

Though you are very powerful, enhanced mental discipline is not one of your powers and you are able to discern that your experiences in the wakeful world seem to be "Interfering" with this one.

You also notice that time seems... Different somehow? As if it can sometimes go by faster or slower than your reality.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2018, 12:13:19 pm »

>Summon three Ice Clones to follow me and assist me when needed.
it's over

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2018, 01:37:40 pm »

Gilbert
You use your Ice Clones ability to get some backup. They move into formation behind you, leaving a trail of ice on the ground as they do. The scenery does not change.

Your clones seem to act as an extension of yourself in T'agsassith meaning that they will not act unless you will them to do so.

A stray thought comes to your mind, its almost as if the world is asking you a question. "What do you need assistance with?". You can easily ignore this question even with a non-supernatural level of mental control... But do you?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2018, 04:13:38 pm »

>Ignore the question and summon another ice clone, and have them follow me in V formation similar to geese migrations. For now have them mimic my actions. Also approach the building, filling cracks with rapidly freezing ice to break through if needed. Try and convince the monster cats to join me and my ice clones.
it's over

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2018, 04:54:32 pm »

Gilbert
You decide that the question is not worth answering for whatever reason, and increase your clone count to four.

You then attempt to converse with the monster cats. They make some positively horrific noises when you try. They seem incapable of understanding you...

You have the option of trying a bit harder to coax them to join you before you attempt to enter the building... But will you?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2018, 05:13:32 pm »

>Use my demigod powers to convince them that I'm their leader. If they join, get them to form a smaller goose-like formation behind me and my ice clones.

Somewhat like this, where G is myself, I is the ice clones, and M is the monster cats, and assuming there's 3 monster cats.

. . G . .
. I M I .
I M . M I
it's over

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2018, 05:19:00 pm »

Please clarify which Demigod Power you are using. I looked at your abilities and do not see one that would have an obvious benefit in this situation.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2018, 06:37:26 pm »

Please clarify which Demigod Power you are using. I looked at your abilities and do not see one that would have an obvious benefit in this situation.

Oh, well I'll just use regular convincing then.
it's over
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13