Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [44.12]Warhammer Fortress Beta v0.9  (Read 6683 times)

Kraloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[44.12]Warhammer Fortress Beta v0.9
« on: July 20, 2018, 11:11:42 pm »

This is a total conversion to the Warhammer Fantasy universe (before Age of Sigmar).
It currently comes complete with 8 playable civs, many new creatures, throwing weapons, guns/gunpowder, and some other surprises i'll leave for you to discover.

Civilizations
  • Dwarves
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
  • Empire
  • Wood Elves
  • Norsca
  • Skaven
  • Beastmen
  • Orks
  • Savage Orks

Many thanks to:
Jake for his fantastic Black Powder Firearms Mod which I am using for the firearms in this mod.

Random_Dragon for the stone age materials and code from Kobold Kamp which forms the basis for the Savage Orks, and much of the Skaven Entity

Installation Instructions:
Comes as a complete package, so just unzip the file, and you're done.

Warhammer Fortress

This is a beta build, so please let me know if anything seems lore-breaking or just plain weird

Upcoming Roadmap

Disclaimer: All rights owned by Games Workshop.
I am not making any profit off of this, I'm just a fan making this for the love.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 02:41:30 pm by Kraloth »

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
  • Undead Enthusiast, at your service.
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12]Warhammer Fortress Beta v0.9
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 03:25:49 am »

Nice! Downloading now, can't wait to play it out! Any plans to add the Tomb Kings or Vampire Counts as similar evil biome races?
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

@me on Discord: Multi#0897

Kraloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 12:40:43 pm »

Quote from: Unknown72
Nice! Downloading now, can't wait to play it out! Any plans to add the Tomb Kings or Vampire Counts as similar evil biome races?

Yes, they are in the works, sort of. Vampire Counts should be included in V1.0, but that's contingent on me figuring out a few things within the tags, such as how to make dwarves immune to vampirization
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 12:44:34 pm by Kraloth »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 09:50:34 am »

Glad someone picked this up since my life is busy currently.

such as how to make dwarves immune to vampirization
You will need to make completely new vampire interactions and disable the randomly-generated ones by changing the advanced worldgen parameters. It's the only way.

Also, come on: fantasy orcs use a c, not a k.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Kraloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 01:43:21 pm »

Glad someone picked this up since my life is busy currently.

such as how to make dwarves immune to vampirization
You will need to make completely new vampire interactions and disable the randomly-generated ones by changing the advanced worldgen parameters. It's the only way.

yeah, I was playing around with it yesterday. I think I was able to just add a creature class restriction to the target portion of the interaction, but I've yet to test it.

And damn, that always messes me up. To the RAW's!

JakeParade

• Bay Watcher
  • Welcome to the Parade.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 05:55:47 pm »

Eh, I just call 'em Greenskins.

supertango

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2018, 12:07:22 pm »

Damn, I found the really old version of this while googling something else, popped into the mods topic on this and saw the newer release
It's always really cool to see a project like this still alive in some form
Make war, not elves

Kraloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2018, 01:39:05 pm »

Damn, I found the really old version of this while googling something else, popped into the mods topic on this and saw the newer release
It's always really cool to see a project like this still alive in some form

Haha, I appreciate the enthusiasm, but this is a brand new project, not connected to any previous versions. I don't mind the comparison, but wouldn't want to take credit for anyone else's work.  :)

Blackworth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2018, 04:17:34 pm »

Great!

Ok nvm all my reposting. it does not like big worlds or long histories....
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 05:23:10 pm by Blackworth »

Kraloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2018, 12:43:31 pm »

Great!

I missed this, was it something weird going on?

Blackworth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2018, 05:19:13 pm »

Great!

when you make a big map, you crash a lot. I can not play large maps you have to make small ones. also can there be like a guide to different races here as orks need blocks and resources to start off.

Kraloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2018, 09:54:41 pm »

Great!

when you make a big map, you crash a lot. I can not play large maps you have to make small ones. also can there be like a guide to different races here as orks need blocks and resources to start off.

could you send me a copy of your errorlog so I can see what's going wrong? As for a guide to each race, I will work on that once V1.0 comes out, which is pretty close, just held up trying to figure out why trolls are suddenly creating vampire count civilizations, even though they aren't intelligent, can't speak, and can't learn.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2018, 11:58:30 am »

Great!

could you send me a copy of your errorlog so I can see what's going wrong? As for a guide to each race, I will work on that once V1.0 comes out, which is pretty close, just held up trying to figure out why trolls are suddenly creating vampire count civilizations, even though they aren't intelligent, can't speak, and can't learn.
Probably duplicated raws somewhere.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Kraloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2018, 06:59:57 pm »

Great!

Probably duplicated raws somewhere.

Yeah, I think that's what it was, sorted it now, fingers crossed, they seem to be working fine. Now it's just Bretonnia and lantern worms, and I can call it good for version 1.0. Once that's out, I'll leave in you guys' hands for a while, to work out any weirdness, then have a poll as to whether to do magic next, or start working on the New World update.

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2018, 02:25:18 pm »

Would it be possible one day to implement Cathay?
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖
Pages: [1] 2