Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How can I make Sense of This?  (Read 1321 times)

RidiculousName

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How can I make Sense of This?
« on: July 21, 2018, 05:02:09 pm »

I've pretty new to adventure mode and I'm playing a Jaguar-man hero adventurer. I've run across a town with lots of abandoned shops and such. I asked who the leader is and they say, "bla bla bla, not that it matters, as the seat of Gallec Galleycrest is here, and the blood-drinker allows no chattel to rise.
I've also gone into the dungeons (maybe tombs, because of all the skeletons..) below the keep and found a bunch of humans and dingo-people murdering each other. I wanted to find out why so I asked their profession. They always say, "I am a lieutenant of the boss Plabat PlankedScorches. Can you lead me to battle and an honorable death?"

So I posted this so someone can help me figure out what's going on. I have so many questions. :/

Is Gallec Galleycrest an organization?
Are they the criminals under the keep?
Do they actually run the town?
Why are they killing each other?
Is their boss a vampire?
Why isn't Plabat listed under "Ask about somebody"?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 05:09:11 pm by RidiculousName »

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
Re: How can I make Sense of This?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 05:19:10 pm »

Alright, so :

First off, your best bet is legend viewer. Mostly all of your questions can find an answer here. Else all I can give are educated guesses :

• Abandonned shops are usually the result of an attack that displaced the population.
• Criminals find shelter into dungeons under keeps, yes. Usually, criminals are not dangerous (they are city thieves, as opposed to your bandit highwaymen who will attack you)
• Bandits do not rule town, they are they own little government. If they were to rule the town (it may be possible, i don't know) they would move to the castle and rule from here
• They attack each other probably because they are from different groups and one group consider attacking neutral people okay. Dingomen are probably the aggressors
• The boss may be a vampire, you can ask him, but if you do he'll turn hostile
• Basically Plabat is not there because the game consider you have not heard about him. Try to ask questions like "who rules the place" to one of his lieutenants ?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 05:20:41 pm by Cathar »

RidiculousName

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 05:45:12 pm »

Thanks for responding. I attacked Plabat, She was a Dingo-man and didn't attack me when I accused her of being a night-creature. One of her dingo-man flunkies attacked me and then attacked and killed her. I have no idea why. Then I killed him. Whoever I asked about the leader always said what I mentioned in the original post. It didn't seem to matter what their profession was. I am exploring the rest of the dungeon now. There are skeletons and corpses everywhere.

Is there some way I can find whatever "blood-drinker" apparently rules the town and kill them?

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 06:28:19 pm »

Did someone rally say something about "the blood-drinker allows no chattel to rise"? Cool, I haven't heard that one before.

RidiculousName

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2018, 07:00:47 pm »

All of the citizens of the town say it.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2018, 07:17:30 pm »

Again your best option is to use legend viewer.

That blood drinker thing is new, but I assume it means there's a vampire in town...and the thing with vampires is, they are hidden among the population. Finding them is really hard.

My advice on vampire hunting : look for white hairs. If someone has white hair but doesn't look very old in general, they are suspect. You'd have to look a long time and read a lot of description if you want to find him... but vampire hunting is hard and heavy on the brain no matter the game mode

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2018, 07:23:28 pm »

I also haven't seen the blood drinker comment before (haven't played adventure mode yet in 44.x).  However, if people are asking if you can lead them to battle and an honourable death, it means that they are asking if they can join you on your adventures.  If you select "Ask to join in adventures" (or whatever the menu item says), they will become your companion.

RidiculousName

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2018, 03:57:12 pm »

Thanks guys. If vampires control towns now that would be interesting. I think I'll just wait until someone with more experience than me figures out what the whole "blood-drinker" thing is about.