Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup .22 Tournament, Get on a bay 12 team now!  (Read 10580 times)

Tegga21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If people don't update their RC (.22 files) I will merge the active players into active teams after tourney starts.  Please check back occasionally to see if you are still on the same team!  Please add "# TEAMCAPTAIN name" To your RC file.

Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup .22 Tournament announced! http://crawl.develz.org/wordpress/trunk-updates-and-0-22-release-and-tournament-info
Ghosts are always behind runed doors now

***** I will be setting up teams in several days as we get closer to the tournament, you can signup now or closer to tournament if you prefer, I havn't forgotten to update, both ggurmand and I can edit this thread*****

At the END of this thread is some DCSS online stuff most of us probably don't know is available
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DCSSoup   # dungeon crawl casual steam group

https://discord.gg/Hms8T5c  Discord chat or live talking, link set to never expire I'll hand out admin priv's to those that want it

Teams are still available to sign up! Even after tournament begins.

Each release of crawl comes with a two weeks long tournament and the 0.22 tournament is coming up. Bay12 has been participating (with good success) in previous tournaments. The tournament plays online on any of the servers and score is kept individually and for teams.

The tournament officially starts 20:00 UTC Aug 10.
The tournament officially ends 20:00 UTC  Aug 26.

Bay12 Crawl thread is: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=28410.0
Official Crawl site is: http://crawl.develz.org/wordpress/
The wiki is http://crawl.chaosforge.org/Crawl_Wiki
The list of servers is https://crawl.develz.org/wordpress/howto
The leaderboards are http://dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.22/overview.html
The Achievements you can earn are here http://dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.22/banners.html (and will be active once the tournament starts)

A team may have a maximum of 6 players, new players are very welcomed.
The tournament begins soon but placement in teams can be made up to one week after the start.

We usually match people of similar skill using this criteria : (Adding a team of each type this year since we've been having overflow, naming advice welcome)
Expert: Win or multiple runes.
Champions / Masters                   
Advanced: A rune or close to one.
Blacksmiths / Metalsmiths
Intermediate: Reached the Lair
Miners / Carpenters
Beginner: Wants to join the Tournament
Nobles / Dabblers

We generally field a few teams, split by level, but there's no limit to the number of teams and we can add more as needed. Each team has a team captain(whose only responsibility is to place their players names in their rc file and keep it updated), and up to 5 members. I'll be captain of the Champions.  Ggurman will also help me maintain this thread.

Please provide your Forum name and Crawl name as follows: Forum/Crawl (see below for examples)

Bay12 Champions (Expert)
Tegga21/Dani (captain)
Aelig/Aelig
Arcvasti/Awoo
damiac/damiac
McMoop/Cerran
Inarius/Inarius
# TEAMCAPTAIN Dani

Bay12 Blacksmiths (Advanced)
IcyTea31/IcyTea (captain)
Graven/Gravenous
Mathel/Fv001
quinnr/quinnr
Karlito/Karlito
vogonpoet/vogonpoet
# TEAMCAPTAIN IcyTea

Bay12 Miners (Intermediate)
Gailg/Ggurman (captain)
escy/escy
petestorm/petestorm
namad/namad
?/?
?/?
# TEAMCAPTAIN Ggurman

Bay12 Nobles (Beginner)
?/? (captain)
?/?
?/?
?/?
?/?
?/?
# TEAMCAPTAIN ??

Don't be afraid to ask for a higher rank, be ambitious! Also to sign up as captain you only have to add your group to your list in the RC file; we need volunteers that will update their teams in the beginning(teams may NOT be changed 1 week after tourney starts).

Add me on steam if you would like to chat/talk before or during the tournament.  Steam is same name as here for me.

Simply joining a team is easy, post here and when you are added to one simply edit your RC file (for the .22/tournament version) with the code below your team.  Takes several minutes up to several hours for the tournament page to reflect your new team status (captain also has to add you).

To become a member of a clan, you need to add a line to the top of one of your version 0.22 rcfiles like this:

# TEAMCAPTAIN nameofcaptain

This should be the very first line of your rcfile, with no blank lines or comments appearing before this line. The # is important to make sure Crawl doesn't try to parse the team data as an option.

The team captain must have the name of her team and the names of all team members excluding herself (up to five) in one of her version 0.21 rcfiles, like this:

# TEAMNAME nameofteam
# TEAMMEMBERS player1 player2 player3 player4 player5

Online webtiles
Online webtiles has a bot (spectator) called BEEM.  To get him to join your game(s) simply join the game with the most spectators on your server(or a random one if tied) and type !subscribe
There are hundreds of commands these are just some; there are many more usefull ones that are not listed.  ?? help can get you some more info

Once beem is in your game (or any game you are watching) there are hundreds of commands/help you can use.  These are some examples.
Ignore # and beyond, these are comments not the command
Enter the part in BOLD in chat in any game beem is in to activate his response

HELP COMMANDS     
?? Sigmund          #or any monster/item/spell name for general information
@?? Sigmund       #or any monster/item/spell name for exact information

Player information
!win name    #or any player name in place of name
!win name 1 # you can add 1,2,3,4,5 etc to the end of any command help or game to scroll through the pages
!name win    #or any player name in place of name
!lg name    #or any player name in place of name
!lg name t*     #or any player name in place of name t* = tournament games
!lg name t* win   #further advanced query
!lg name t* win dr #further advanced query dr = draconian
!lg name t* win drwz #lists tournament wins of a draconian wizard wz = wizard & draconian
!lg name t* win wz #lists tournament wins of a wizard
!lg name t* win trwn #troll wanderer, you get the idea
!lg name xl>10 de  #lists games where you achieved lvl 11+ on a deep elf
!lg name t* win de xl>10 #lists games where you achieved lvl 11+ on a deep elf that you won during a tournament
!lg * t* win dewz # * denotes ALL PLAYERS on the server, so this would give you all tournament players that played a deep elf wizard
!lg * win thisyear #thisyear means this year, there is also thismonth and thisweek

Player achievments    #or any player name in place of name
!decentplayer name    #or any player name in place of name
!goodplayer name    #or any player name in place of name
!greatplayer name    #or any player name in place of name
!greaterplayer name    #or any player name in place of name
!polytheist name    #or any player name in place of name
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 10:57:54 am by Tegga21 »

namad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup .22 Tournament, Get on a bay 12 team now!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 12:13:52 am »

Hi, my name is namad here and namad on crawl.
I'd be okay being the worst expert team member or one of the good advanced team members.
I've never won, but I've gotten more than one rune a couple times ever.'

namad/namad

edit: after talking with you I'm 100% advanced, NOT expert.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 04:46:06 am by namad »

ggurman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 12:17:15 am »

Officially signing up:

ggurman/ggurman

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 07:45:19 pm »

I'm signing up for Experts. I've been feeling Crawly again and I should have plenty of free time in the tournament week, so I'll hopefully be able to get more wins done then usual

Arcvasti/Awoo
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Aelig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 10:27:26 pm »

Sign me up for experts please. I missed the last tourney but I have been playing plenty of crawl this year.

Aelig/Aelig

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2018, 11:33:53 pm »

Hello. I am named Fv001 at crawl and would like to join the Blacksmiths.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 07:33:11 am »

Count me in as Advanced. I don't mind captaining if nobody else wants it.

IcyTea31/IcyTea

Edit: you can probably count me as an Expert as well, but I've never won the game. My record is 6 runes as a GrFi, dead in the Depths.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 12:51:57 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2018, 11:23:50 pm »

quinnr/quinnr

You can put me where you want, probably either Expert or Advanced (I've won once, gotten to the orb a few other times), haven't played much lately though. Don't mind captaining if you need it somewhere!

I'm excited about the ghost vaults, scary ghosts are always the most irritating part of tournaments!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2018, 03:36:56 am »

Posting to watch and cheer people on, because both horrible weather and internet connection stop me from playing at the Intermediate/Advanced level. Cheers folks! :)) (I mean, I should be at Expert level since I both won in past games with 4+ runes but activity + time and stuff get in the way .-.)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 03:38:37 am by Tiruin »

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2018, 06:38:00 pm »

I will be collecting at least three wins and attempting to streak. I will be grinding 3 to 12 hours per day, and can orb run once every 10 hours. I can win at least one third of my games playing comfort picks and at least one tenth of my games playing points combos. My profile losses are from doing the no-items Scrub League challenges.

Comfort Picks:
CeHu^Oka
MiBe^Trog
NaTm^Chei
DEFE^Sif
TrMo^Oka
GrEE^Sif

Last tournament I scored 986 and this tournament I am aiming for 5 wins!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 02:25:15 pm by FakerFangirl »
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2018, 06:42:30 pm »

I will be collecting at least three wins and attempting to streak. I will be grinding 3 to 12 hours per day, and can orb run once every 10 hours. I can win at least one third of my games playing comfort picks and at least one tenth of my games playing points combos. My profile losses are from doing the no-items Scrub League challenges.

So you're saying you're signing up with the Nobles then? :P

Some of those comfort picks also look like the exact opposite of comfortable. I'd rather cartwheel across broken glass then play CeHu, for example.
Spooky Signature

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2018, 07:46:39 pm »

I'd rather cartwheel across broken glass then play CeHu

Having movespeed and bow aptitude lets me any safely kill any melee mob that moves slower than me. This means that being underleveled is never a crippling problem. My biggest threats are D:2 shafts, paralysis/mesmerize, constriction, and anything that hits for 80+dmg, but by the time I'm fighting juggernaughts and lehudib I can find somewhere to scum xp and piety for invocations and AC. I would say NaTm^Chei is much harder than CeHu^Oka because it gets easily surrounded or drained and Chei can be worse than useless up until slouch, leaving you extremely vulnerable to hornets, komodo dragons, hydras and tarantellas. Chei is great for hybrids but nagas barely have the xp and items to hybrid at Ecumenical. A powerful unique in orcs:1 and lair:1 will make you regret choosing Chei, but once you have slouch, resists, and some hybrid skills you can't die, so while NaTm^Chei is bad for streaking it is amazing for combo points and powerhousing through extended. If I remember to spider form away from wand-wielding uniques and corrosion then I will be fine until lair, at which point I can kill hydras with darts, hexes or clouds. Once I can survive lair fights there's enough xp and Chei buffs to survive any midgame to lategame threats. And it goes without saying that CeHu and MiBe can be played quickly, which is why they are at the top of the list. I acknowledge that Ce and Na have terrible, terrible AC but they are the sexiest races to play.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 08:14:53 pm by FakerFangirl »

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2018, 08:22:59 pm »

I'd rather cartwheel across broken glass then play CeHu

Having movespeed and bow aptitude lets me any safely kill any melee mob that moves slower than me.

Oh, it's definitely strong. But kiting everything for the entire game is soul-crushing.
Spooky Signature

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2018, 08:26:14 pm »

Yeah. Manually running in circles to regen is pretty soulcrushing. But centaur is fast enough to auto-rest and can quickly clear entire levels by spamming the Tab key.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 10:01:10 pm by FakerFangirl »

Tegga21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2018, 03:18:52 am »

centaurs are the kings(or queens) of stair hopping
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10