Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup .22 Tournament, Get on a bay 12 team now!  (Read 10567 times)

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup .22 Tournament, Get on a bay 12 team now!
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2018, 02:26:36 am »

I've actually gotten CeHu mostly into position for an extended game win, which, considering how my characters would have a better success rate just jumping into a meat grinder, says a lot. Ultimately, my best one (something like six runes), ran out of crossbow bolts after an untimely banishment to the Abyss, which lead to mostly fleeing, and eventually getting cornered. My melee skill development was on the backburner, unfortunately... CeHu is surprisingly robust, and, despite my cause of death, something I've won with in shorter runs.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2018, 01:07:51 pm »

Oh hey, I'm in time for this one, neat! Sign me up for an Advanced team - Graven/Gravenous.

I usually do well, but I don't play consistently, and I'm having some health problems lately so there's no way I'll be at my maximum for 20 days in a row.

A great opportunity to take a day off work though!
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2018, 02:12:32 am »

Been playing to catch back up since I haven't played a ton lately, and I did have a !!Fun!! finding; the new ghost rooms are a nice change, but if you do decide to challenge a ghost, they can follow you through stairs now! Almost ended my life in a bad fashion, but fortunately I managed to quell it on the empty floor.

Also playing my first CeHu after seeing it discussed in the thread, and it's pretty nice. Stopped for the night, but after I beat that ghost Okawaru gave me a +4 triple crossbow {venom, rElec rC+++, STR+4, INT-4} that should come in handy for a while!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2018, 04:57:25 am »

Got my first hell rune! Got triple tormented during the Dispater fight and penanced by lamp of fire clouds... TSO is really strong, but I'll probably avoid hell runes for the tournament unless I get a Naga of Chei online. Feels good to clear a branch for the first time. (shakes head) Why do I do gold & iron before pandemonium..? Pandemonium, Zigg and Tartarus are the only places I've never set foot in. Idk how people do 15-rune runs without starving.

Okawaru gave me a +4 triple crossbow {venom, rElec rC+++, STR+4, INT-4} that should come in handy for a while!
Damn. Just make sure you reach vaults before running out of bolts  ;) Oh wait, Okawaru.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 04:59:15 am by FakerFangirl »
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2018, 11:43:07 am »

abyss generally has some corpses to eat, actually. it's just hell and tomb that generally don't.

necromutation is a popular way to skip the hunger clock, though.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2018, 12:38:04 pm »

Gonna be joining Dynast's team again this time 'round. GOOD LUCK MY BRUDDHAS!
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2018, 02:18:42 pm »

quinnr/quinnr

You can put me where you want, probably either Expert or Advanced (I've won once, gotten to the orb a few other times), haven't played much lately though. Don't mind captaining if you need it somewhere!

I'm excited about the ghost vaults, scary ghosts are always the most irritating part of tournaments!

Don't think I was put on a team yet, but looking at my schedule I'd say I'd like to be put on Advanced, I don't think I'll have time to contribute enough points to teams that are looking to be super competitive! Should still be good to put in a decent amount of time playing, though :)
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2018, 03:40:44 pm »

I'll join again I suppose. Stick me in advanced or expert, where ever you got room, I'll probably get a few wins, and there's a decent chance I'll do a 15 rune stone troll again. Maybe I'll remember to actually pick up the tomb rune this time...

damiac/damiac

Tegga21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2018, 06:27:19 pm »

I will be collecting at least three wins and attempting to streak. I will be grinding 3 to 12 hours per day, and can orb run once every 10 hours. I can win at least one third of my games playing comfort picks and at least one tenth of my games playing points combos. My profile losses are from doing the no-items Scrub League challenges.

Comfort Picks:
CeHu^Oka
MiBe^Trog
NaTm^Chei
DEFE^Sif
TrMo^Oka
GrEE^Sif

Last tournament I scored 986 and this tournament I am aiming for 5 wins!

What is your ign?  I've added everyone except GGurman who I know IRL and can float.  If you arn't on a team, please post your name/In game name and what team you'd like to be on. Empty teams can get filled so don't be afraid to sign up even if all teams listed are full
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 06:29:17 pm by Tegga21 »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2018, 12:53:23 am »

Added the lineup in the OP to my rcfile. If you don't seem to be a member by the time the tournament rolls around, do tell me and I'll see if it's something I can fix.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2018, 03:58:44 pm »

Added the lineup in the OP to my rcfile. If you don't seem to be a member by the time the tournament rolls around, do tell me and I'll see if it's something I can fix.
Finally got around to adding you to my rc :)

This thread is so much quieter than tournaments past; where is everyone‽

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2018, 04:41:14 pm »

I'm in the mood for some crawl again.

Karlito/Karlito

I suppose I'd be considered advanced, but I haven't played in like ~8 versions, so if slots fill up I don't have a problem getting bumped down to intermediate.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

McMoop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2018, 06:59:50 pm »

Got a few wins in the last tournament and I'm up for doing it again. Sign me up for Expert or Advanced:

McMoop/Cerran

vogonpoet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2018, 07:50:32 am »

Hi folks, I swear, I don't just use this forum to sign up for Crawl tourneys... I do play DF sometimes...

Ok no that's a lie, I am a casual gamer who just plays DoomRL and Crawl these days, but still... stupid adult life.

Anyway, my most recent win was probably the last tourney? I don't know, but I will try to at least bring a SpEn and a Lajataur home this time round.

I don't have too much time free, so no chance of holding my own with the Champions (gah, I say this every bloody tourney), and anyway, my 46 online wins represent an exaggeration of my skills, so just stick me in the advanced I guess, if there is room?

vogonpoet/vogonpoet

« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 07:52:12 am by vogonpoet »
Everything I know about reality, I learned from Dwarf Fortress.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2018, 05:10:38 pm »

I'm not sure I understand ?
What is the difference between "Champion" and "Expert" ?
you can count me in (but I'm not sure what I have to do after that, just, log in the game and play as usual ?). I've 10 wins on my account, but mostly 3 or 4 runes (only 1 with 5, and 1 with 10 runes, never been able to win all, yet). So, should I be champion or Expert ?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10