Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Making LCS combat more realistic?  (Read 21149 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Making LCS combat more realistic?
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2019, 08:17:31 pm »

Considering that Dodge is life-or-death, and that I can rob the bank for roughly $4000 every other month with almost no risk, I find it to be very cost effective.  Plus, somebody with dodge can train up everybody in the safehouse for less than sending two people to the University.  I think they eventually are better at it when their teaching skill gets up there from all the instruction.

I remember when I used to send everyone to the University.  I did it for the combat squads, since it would keep them alive.  Six liberals with SMGs/Assault Rifles and 5 dodge can generally wipe out most maps.  Its the escape where they tend to die, as the numbers turn against them.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2019, 10:30:07 am »

Escaping becomes an option when you have high enough health and agility or driving skill, but yeah.

Some maps are just dangerous, and IMO this is a good thing. CCS bosses should not go down easily, and (if you're playing TV) neither should supervillains.

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2019, 12:34:26 pm »

I'd think that one way to handle death would be that going below 0 health results in incapacitation, while going below -100 health results in death. That should help a bit with the insane damage rolls LCS has, so that getting one-shotted by a .38 or 9mm merely results in instant incapacitation, rather than instant death.
Pages: 1 [2]