Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Economies of Scale (BetterMember Server)  (Read 8017 times)

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Economies of Scale (BetterMember Server)
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2018, 01:55:27 am »

Time to give EoS another go i guess, thanks for the server!

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2018, 02:17:17 am »

I'm still stuck with this https://i.imgur.com/pTIUk3O.png plz help

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2018, 08:09:54 am »

Few more very minor stuff:
1) You can't transfer cash from company to personal account, even if you don't have loans. Despite what it says 3 lines above slider:
"X is a privately-held company, so you can freely deposit money into it (positive amount) or withdraw money from it (negative amount). Withdrawing may be limited or unavailable if you have a loan."
2) Company networth graphs are 1 day off, while personal ones are not, easily visible when you have only 1 company. Is one being saved before midnight calculation and other after?
3) Creating B2B requests product name has to be specified case sensitive.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 08:17:43 am by lastverb »

Whivy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2018, 11:38:38 am »

Looks like Vlad got bored of offering free opportunities to the server lol.

Well, that makes more sense.

Can you imagine if, in the real world, google would go selling turkey, as apple, and amazon, and the pentagon.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2018, 12:29:23 pm »

Also, really isn't the season for moving so many turkeys.  At least in Murica.  Not really that high in demand till November, realistically.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2018, 01:06:52 pm »

Looks like the whole turkey gravy train is over.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2018, 03:28:36 pm »

He replaced whole turkeys with even wholer turkeys :P
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2018, 06:15:28 pm »

Why is frozen chicken's base price less than whole chicken when it takes a whole chicken + other stuff to produce?

Deagh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2018, 01:30:51 pm »

What are the wholesale prices based on?  Some of the wholesale prices seem to be off.  Glass bottles are listed at .20 each for wholesale, but they actually cost more than 50 cents each to make, at least if you haven't yet scaled up to huge amounts of production.  And that means you can't actually sell them on the b2b for enough to cover costs, much less make a reasonable profit, because of the cap to prevent gouging.

So because of the caps the way they are now, it is difficult to get some of the things one needs, without making them yourself.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2018, 02:54:01 pm »

If you make everything in a chain yourself, your costs shouldn't exceed the wholesale price (by a fair margin).
The more you outsource the production, the more it depends on you buying good near the cost to produce rather than the msrp, in order to remain below wholesale.

As far as the frozen chicken, yea, that's a little weird, though it should be noted that most of the related recipes have better total value than the frozen chicken, more products but at lower base prices.
Seems a bug, or perhaps a statement of the author's dislike of frozen chicken :P

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2018, 03:29:05 pm »

Fresh meat products are preferred over frozen....  You freeze em when you can't move the fresh fast enough and sell the frozen stuff at a lower price, even if it is at a loss.  (Bad prediction on sales.)

Technically more realistic, except you can't sell em fresh.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Dwachs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2018, 04:20:06 pm »

Does the marketing has any effect on sales? Does it make sense to invest there?

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2018, 07:35:27 pm »

It does, on both counts. Though definitely don't over invest.
It makes sense if you've got a new (or newly expanded) market to bring your marketing up to the equilibrium point.
I wouldn't invest to go more than 2x over the equilibrium personally, and only then for high-value stock.
But I'm a noob on this, so grain of salt and all.

Nevets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2018, 05:05:20 pm »

Like everyone I've been selling those turkeys, however the moment I decided to start selling stuff I sold... I had such an odd experience, I made energy drinks and I can barely shift them, making like 1000 per tick with them per store, was getting 8-10x that from turkeys. What's worse is when I decided to go for a realistic approach and stock my shops with things -along with- the turkeys, turkey sales fell into oblivion, to the point where a full store cut turkey sales to -20%-

I'm honestly struggling to make a decent amount of money without resorting to that turkey exploit.

Here's a screenshot of my supermarket, as this is the place I'm -not- trying to exploit turkeys

http://es.tinypic.com/r/2nlr606/9

It seems really, really poor sales. Are my expectations just too high?

Deagh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2018, 07:43:16 pm »

Like everyone I've been selling those turkeys, however the moment I decided to start selling stuff I sold... I had such an odd experience, I made energy drinks and I can barely shift them, making like 1000 per tick with them per store, was getting 8-10x that from turkeys. What's worse is when I decided to go for a realistic approach and stock my shops with things -along with- the turkeys, turkey sales fell into oblivion, to the point where a full store cut turkey sales to -20%-

I'm honestly struggling to make a decent amount of money without resorting to that turkey exploit.

Here's a screenshot of my supermarket, as this is the place I'm -not- trying to exploit turkeys

http://es.tinypic.com/r/2nlr606/9

It seems really, really poor sales. Are my expectations just too high?

For a full store to work, the things need to be about the same price or possibly same profit margin.  There's some play there, but selling really cheap and really expensive stuff at the same time just doesn't really work.

There's a post on the ratjoy forum here:  http://www.ratjoy.com/forum/topic/a-single-place-for-all-revealed-formulas/2  that gives the efficiency formulas.  Don't know if it's still valid, but it seems to work at least somewhat like that says.  Right now i have three items in my bake shop and they're all reasonably close to the same profit margin and the price on them isn't all that far off either, and I seem to be doing better overall than if I just have one. 
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 07:59:02 pm by Deagh »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6