Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vampire spread  (Read 563 times)

Bimbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Vampire spread
« on: July 22, 2018, 11:52:18 am »

Is there any currently implemented way for vampires to reproduce other vampires? I know that right now, vampires are only created under certain conditions, like profaning a temple. But can vampirism be transferred from bites, can two vampires have a vampire child? Is it possible that we will see vampires have a better capability to spread in the villains update?

UristMcVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING][BLOODSUCKER]
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire spread
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 12:00:17 pm »

Is there any currently implemented way for vampires to reproduce other vampires? I know that right now, vampires are only created under certain conditions, like profaning a temple. But can vampirism be transferred from bites, can two vampires have a vampire child? Is it possible that we will see vampires have a better capability to spread in the villains update?

You can become a vampire by drinking a vampire's blood but they are sterile and getting bitten won't transmit vampirism.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Naga/Lamia race

Bimbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 05:11:29 pm »

Would you know if vampires, werebeasts, and forgotten beasts are able to be worshiped like the other megabeasts?

UristMcVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING][BLOODSUCKER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 06:02:08 pm »

Would you know if vampires, werebeasts, and forgotten beasts are able to be worshiped like the other megabeasts?

Forgotten beasts CAN be worshipped. Werebeasts and vampires can't (vampires might be able to form those vampire cult things though, but I'm not sure if that's still in the game).
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Naga/Lamia race

Killgoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 10:22:13 am »

In adventure mode you can give people cups of vampire blood to drink which will convert them.

In fortress mode you can use spike traps located at the bottom of wells and forcing dwarves to drink from the well by forbidding booze or not making any. Likewise you could probably briefly retire the fortress, make an adventurer, find a vampire, harvest lots of their blood, travel to your fortress, hand out cups of their blood to all the dwarfs at your fort that you want to convert, and then reclaim your fort.  I have not played the last several versions so I do not know if either of these routes are still viable.