AUTHOR WANTS VALIDATION; DO YOU LIKE ME Y/N

Y
- 8 (88.9%)
N
- 1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: September 16, 2018, 11:40:20 pm

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 40

Author Topic: SpamDwarves: Low King Golian Duskbrow of Abystok!  (Read 23176 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
SpamDwarves: Low King Golian Duskbrow of Abystok!
« on: July 22, 2018, 04:02:40 pm »

A) To the northeast, dangerously close to the imperious boughs of the Elven forest.
B) To the icy reaches of the far north where the surface is harsh and the wind echoes in the deepest halls.
C) To the east, nestled amid the tumult of bickering empires.
D) To the far south where the unforgiving sun beats hardest and the sweltering air pools in the tunnels.
E) To the western mountains where terrible beasts prowl.

F) To the far west, literally under the actual sea.

Welcome to ABYSTOK, located in scenic "under the western ocean"!

It is said that over ten million years ago the legendary King Dominkan rode out to the western coasts and founded the outpost of Abystok with his six companions and the traitor elf-witch he kept as his advisor.

Of course, nobody actually believes this legend, nor that Dwarven civilisation has even existed that long. Whatever the lofty origins of Abystok may have been are long since lost, along with the lofty status it more certainly once held. For centuries, longer than you've been alive, Abystok has been reduced to a minor holding of the Low King Hehrcog the Brutal, whose ideas of law and taxation match his reputation. But today, that's going to change. Today, Abystok will taste independent home rule once again, and if you manage to survive, it might even be your rule.

Because today the news came: Hehrcog the Brutal is dead.

Today, Abystok is no longer ruled by the fierce warlord, but by his daughter the now Low Queen Graszdat ingen Hehrcog, who shares her father's foul temper but none of his fearsome competence or talent for command. The garrison's morale is lower than you've ever seen it, and many of them might even join you when they see you have already obtained permission from the Overking's court for this rebellion. The new Queen cannot hold you back; your moment is now.

But that was yesterday.
Today, you are the new Low King of Abystok, Golian Duskbrow, a Jarl of the locally prominent Highbrows clan, known for your preternatural luck.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 03:11:58 pm by Maximum Spin »

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
Re: SPAM??????S
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 04:06:07 pm »

F?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 04:21:52 pm »

C

Sun beasts sound awesome, probably.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 04:22:19 pm »

F?
+1. We shall join the crew of the Nautilus!
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 04:22:51 pm »

F

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2018, 04:46:36 pm »

F
Submariners ahoy.

Avanti!

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Re: SPAM???R?ES
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2018, 05:33:14 pm »

F
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMDWARVES
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2018, 05:36:34 pm »

Well, that seems like a solid enough lead.

It is said that over ten million years ago the legendary King Dominkan rode out to the western coasts and founded the outpost of Abystok with his six companions and the traitor elf-witch he kept as his advisor.

Of course, nobody actually believes this legend, nor that Dwarven civilisation has even existed that long. Whatever the lofty origins of Abystok may have been are long since lost, along with the lofty status it more certainly once held. For centuries, longer than you've been alive, Abystok has been reduced to a minor holding of the Low King Hehrcog the Brutal, whose ideas of law and taxation match his reputation. But today, that's going to change. Today, Abystok will taste independent home rule once again, and if you manage to survive, it might even be your rule.

Because today the news came: Hehrcog the Brutal is dead.

Today, Abystok is no longer ruled by the fierce warlord, but by his daughter the now Low Queen Graszdat ingen Hehrcog, who shares her father's foul temper but none of his fearsome competence or talent for command. The garrison's morale is lower than you've ever seen it, and many of them might even join you when they see you have already obtained permission from the Overking's court for this rebellion. The new Queen cannot hold you back; your moment is now.

But first, we should go over a few details, like "What is your name?" and "What is the name of your clan?", not to mention the all-important question of social class; it's clear that you're no mere thrall, but are you A) an ordinary churl, B) a thegn in good standing, or even C) a highborn jarl of mighty birthright?

And finally, though it's clear that the history books will call you a revolutionary (whether it prove wise or unwise), what else will you be remembered for? Your A) pious devotion to the gods, B) intellectual superiority, C) silver-tongued charisma, D) canny financial dealing, E) bloodthirst on the battlefield, or just plain F) inexplicable dumb luck?

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2018, 05:40:40 pm »

Name: Golian Duskbrow
Clan Name: Highbrows
Social Class: Highborn Jarl
What Were Remembered For: Dumb Luck

Highbrows is a memester clan naming since it has a definition lol, and being a Jarl with luck means we are able to do more things, and have more saying power in dwarf world so it allows more options
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 05:45:42 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2018, 05:44:53 pm »

Highbrows is a memester clan naming since it has a definition lol, and being a Jarl with luck means we eat to do more things, and have more saying power in dwarf world so it allows more options
+1 LUck

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2018, 06:04:36 pm »

Highbrows is a memester clan naming since it has a definition lol, and being a Jarl with luck means we are able to do more things, and have more saying power in dwarf world so it allows more options
+1
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spam. Dwarves. Yes.
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2018, 11:09:26 pm »

Ptw
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2018, 11:17:35 pm »

+1
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2018, 01:15:08 am »

+1
1+

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spam. Dwarves. Yes.
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2018, 01:55:03 am »

Okay, it's clear by now that there is only one option.

Congratulations, you are a Jarl of the locally prominent Highbrows clan! Your mother gave you the name Golian, while you gained the name Duskbrow for your dark, brooding eyes which belie your lucky nature.

You spend some time reflecting on this luck as you peer at your band of rebels, a small force of 30 mostly untrained dwarves against the twenty-five that make up the fortress guard. You've already written the Overking for permission and you've propitiated the seven heretical gods who guard rebels, conspirators, and assassins – if there's any other way to improve your chances, you can't think of it. Abystok has only rarely seen war in its sheltered location, and never since the late Low King conquered it, so the guards are hardly better than your followers anyway; still, it would be much better for the legitimacy of your rule if you can take power without too much bloodshed. Pursuant to that goal, your two trusted lieutenants have offered you a simple plan, and, since you're really only the leader by virtue of your birth, you should probably take it. The plan is thus: Your group will split into two squads, and the larger one will engage the fortress guard and hold them in their barracks while the smaller proceeds directly to the quarters of the Captain of the Guard, who now acts as the de facto thegn of Abystok, to kill him or force his surrender, as applicable.

The Captain of the Guard is a mean, scrawny man named Sogeljar, a lowly churl elevated to the station after the late Low King's numerous far-reaching campaigns sapped away what military talent Abystok had — of which he certainly has little or none, having been trained only as a priest before misfortune pressed him into service. Unfortunately for you, his clan, the Half-Eyes, is one of the most numerous peasant clans in and around Abystok, and they may make trouble for you in the future; but there's little to be done about that. The only question for you, assuming you stick with your lieutenants' plan, is who will lead the squads:

A) I will lead the smaller squad myself, and my lieutenants will go pin down the fortress guard in the barracks.
B) Gostell, a brutishly strong farmer, will lead the smaller squad, while I and my other lieutenant, Nedru the silverware merchant, lead the larger.
C) Nedru leads the smaller, while Gostell and I lead the larger!
D) Gostell and Nedru can decide for themselves who leads what squad, I'm going to take a couple men and secure, uhh, the kitchens! Yes, that sounds safe important!
E) Something else, or maybe I don't like this plan at all! I'll suggest something different.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 40