Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Looking for Dorfs (5e or Genesys game inspired by DF - Skype sessions)  (Read 754 times)

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile

I've been taken by a fey mood to start a roleplaying campaign based heavily on the world of DF. This is basically an interest check to see if there are 3-5 people interested in playing in (semi?)weekly sessions either 5e DnD or in Genesys. I'm confident either system could be molded to fit the setting with relative ease. As only a couple friends play DF - I figured here'd be a better place to gather a team.

The campaign - as I'm imagining it now - will include intrigue! Forts! Not forts! Genocide! Goblins! Hippies!Elves! Lovable but definitely actually evil NPCs!

A bit about myself: Been GMing on and off for about 10 years now. Lot of experience with Dungeons and Dragons and am a fan of 5e. Have a good amount of experience in a few other games - Shadowrun, Genesys & FF Star Wars, Rogue Trader, and a bunch of one-offs. I enjoy light-hearted, rules-ambivalent, theatre of the mind gameplay - taking time to enjoy scenes and dialogue. I think my session-to-session play is strong, but my over-arching plots are weak, so if you choose to join, any feedback on that sort of thing would be greatly appreciated.

Role playing is in no way a solo sport, so if we assemble a group, I'd like to chat with everyone together to break the ice, introduce ourselves, and most importantly iron out what sort of game we want to play. If interested, let me know!

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Dorfs (5e or Genesys game inspired by DF - Skype sessions)
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 09:54:25 am »

Well. I can certainly say I'm interested. That being said, if my chronic shyness and odd hours are dealbreakers I won't mind sitting this out.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 07:22:50 pm »

Welcome aboard, stranger. Hopefully there's a few more people out there who are interested!

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 03:05:24 am »

We have another person interested in playing! A buddy from a discord of a different game - but enjoyer of fine DF.
If anyone else is looking to join up we might be able to get the ball rolling on this.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 03:11:34 am by delphonso »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 08:45:24 am »

Skype seems to be working...

Have not played DF, though DnD seems interesting.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2019, 07:55:08 am »

Rad, TricMagic. I'll be in touch soon.

Things are approaching a hectic time for me, so I'm hoping to get us all together, chat a bit, plan out some things and give everyone a few weeks to put together a character and give me time to write some things out. If we have any more interested people, feel free to still join in - as I'm sure we'll have space!

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2019, 09:56:49 am »

I am interested depending on the session length, and frequency. If we have sessions longer than 4 hours every week that would be too much for me. But, I could handle longer sessions that meet every other week. I would be willing to spend an entire day doing nothing but playing if it is only once a month. my preferred frequency is every other week. I am also involved as a player in two campaigns local to my area. One biweekly, the other on the last Saturday of every month.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2019, 03:01:45 pm »

The question of time zones should be raised. I'm guessing from your profile you are on the American East coast (UTC+5?)
That probably means I'm out :(
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2019, 10:07:15 pm »

I am in central time(UTC -6). I have no problem playing across +- 3 time zones away on most days. for Saturday events I can handle up +- 6 time zones

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2019, 09:34:17 am »

I informed the others who showed interest already - but this must be on hold for a month or so as my computer has taken a turn for the worst and may need to be put down.

My play style is usually 3 hour sessions, weekly or semiweekly are both fine for me, and that could be up to the players to decide.

As far as time zones go - I'm currently living in China, which is a 12 hour difference with Eastern or Central depending on Daylights Savings time - which has worked well for me as I tend to work in the evening and am an early riser.

I'll post back in here when I've got a new PC, and see if interest is still around. I'll propose a time according to a US timezone and we can work it out.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2019, 12:38:28 am »

With a 12 hour time difference, I think Friday night might be good. On Friday I could start at 7:00 pm. Over in china it would be Saturday morning at about 9:00 am. The People in an eastern time zone would start at about 8:00 pm on Friday*. If we went 3 hours then it would finish at 10:00 pm central, 11:00 pm eastern, and 12:00 am in China. Saturday night** for those in the US and Sunday morning in China might work as well. I would have to start at 8:00 am for it too be in the evening in China. Hopefully, we can find a time that will work for everybody.

*If we do it where it is Friday nights in the US. I can only have sessions every other week. I already am a part of a local session that meets biweekly on Friday nights.

**Saturday is always free for me unless it is the last Saturday of the month.