AUTHOR WANTS VALIDATION; DO YOU LIKE ME Y/N

Y
- 8 (88.9%)
N
- 1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: September 16, 2018, 11:40:20 pm

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 40

Author Topic: SpamDwarves: Low King Golian Duskbrow of Abystok!  (Read 23175 times)

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SpamDwarves: Low King Golian Duskbrow of Abystok!
« Reply #510 on: September 26, 2018, 10:40:14 am »

E.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: September 26, 2018, 11:25:34 am »

E

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 30, 2018, 11:06:35 am »

Perhaps feeling a need for validation, you ask Salkun how she feels about your reign thus far. Her eyes go wide and she dips her head again, saying "Oh, your majesty, it is - really - great, fantastic! For the first time in my life I am ruled by one who cares about the people, our needs. I say that not just because you are here before me asking me, but – well, you are here before me, asking me, Sogeljar would never have cared to ask, Hehrcog was never even here. To think that your majesty would ask one as lowly as me! To think that your majesty would give me such a gift, not just your presence but your help, your own royal blood for my little project! I... I cannot think but that all dwarves should be ruled by one such as yourself, who truly acts for the good of even the lowest among us. Your highness, I know not why you asked my opinion, but here you have it: I think you are the greatest change to come to Abystok in my lifetime, and I think the gods will that you will only become greater from here."

Her eyes are practically shining by the end of this monologue, and you can't find a hint of deception in her affect. Rítes, to one side, smiles oddly into her sleeve, not making eye contact; she's harder to read, but she seems somehow embarrassed by her friend's exuberance. You suppose it's good to know that you have such supporters among the runesmiths, though it's impossible to tell how widespread the position is.

A) Keep dragging on this scene (choose another topic from the last set of choices).
B) It's time to get this over with and get back to kinging!

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 30, 2018, 12:54:40 pm »

B

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: September 30, 2018, 01:15:59 pm »

B

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 30, 2018, 04:26:53 pm »

B.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: September 30, 2018, 09:14:30 pm »

Flattered by Salkun's words, you say a gracious goodbye and reconvene with Rítes back at her workshop, where she holds up her end of the bargain. "Remember," she adds, "I expect to get this back in just as good condition as it is now once you're done with it."

Congratulations! You have acquired artefact: "The Wee Bairn's Bonnie Buik o Rounlist"! You can now consult this book as an action whenever appropriate, and you may now ask questions about runesmithing separately, which I will answer to the limits of the information you have available.

You head back to your quarters and soon fall asleep. When you awake, rather later in the morning than usual, Nedru is waiting for you; he asks if you would like to issue a mandate this season.

A) Yes, I demand a thing!
B) No, I'm good.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 05:19:23 am by Maximum Spin »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: September 30, 2018, 09:18:24 pm »

A, Sure mandating something seems reasonable right now.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: October 01, 2018, 03:06:17 am »

A. Make 3 leather thongs something useful.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: October 01, 2018, 07:27:42 am »

A

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: October 01, 2018, 03:36:34 pm »

A. Mandate some mini-forges.
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: October 01, 2018, 06:04:47 pm »

You elect to make a mandate.

But what do you mandate?

Legally, you can demand... anything you want. But we all know what happens to nobles who make unfulfillable demands. Therefore, you briefly contemplate the industries Abystok actually has, so that you can make an informed choice. Your first thought is toward arms and armour; the local production is very small, but there are a few smiths working the export market, often from converted silversmithy forges. A piece in true Dwarven steel would be most useful, but it's just about the most demanding thing you could ask for within the limits of Abystok's actual capabilities. Petty household goods and furniture in both the noble and the common metals, on the other hand, are far more readily available; something like fifty to seventy-five years ago, Abystok was a local centre of silversmithy in particular, and metal goods are still a popular industry, if withered considerably from that peak. Similar goods are also manufactured in wood and stone, both locally available and imported varieties. You suppose you could also mandate foodstuffs, although it seems pointless; perhaps a special King's-vintage of drink, though, would make an interesting thing to hand down to your posterity, once you get around to having some posterity. Finally, though Abystok exports a trifling amount of leather, it has neither a textile nor clothing industry to speak of, although there are no doubt craftsdwarves capable of fulfilling requests in that line if necessary (though the quality may not be much to speak of either).

Reach consensus on a product to mandate!

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: October 01, 2018, 06:50:05 pm »

Mandate four dozen Kings-vintage bottles of the best drink Abystok has to offer/our personal preference with four commemorative silver-coated nether-cap goblets. (If nether-cap is not available/does not exist in this setting, the goblets will be silver-coated iron, with hollow construction as to allow water to fill the space. The goblets can then be frozen, and the ice inside will keep our drinks cool without the ice cubes melting and diluting the drink and other silly things.)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 10:46:34 pm by Iridium64 »
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: October 01, 2018, 07:08:09 pm »

Mandate an ornate wooden door with silver and bronze inlay depicting scenes from Abystok history.  For our private study of course.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: October 02, 2018, 05:22:10 am »

Mandate four dozen Kings-vintage bottles of the best drink Abystok has to offer/our personal preference with four commemorative silver-coated nether-cap goblets. (If nether-cap is not available/does not exist in this setting, the goblets will be silver-coated iron, with hollow construction as to allow water to fill the space. The goblets can then be frozen, and the ice inside will keep our drinks cool without the ice cubes melting and diluting the drink and other silly things.)
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 40