Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Digfort Thread  (Read 2097 times)

PopTart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Digfort Thread
« on: July 22, 2018, 05:57:54 am »

I'm starting a thread where people can post their digfort designs. I've uploaded some of my own designs to DFFD here:

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13915

I hope to see everyone's cool designs!

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: Digfort Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 06:58:15 am »

Move this to Utilities and 3rd Party Applications forum, please.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Seleucian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 07:12:39 am »

Some nice designs! I especially the spiral room. I do tend to avoid 1 tile corridors, I believe it helps with path finding.
I have made some designs myself but they were made for Quickfort and are in .xls format and thus not compatible. They're nothing special anyway just some standard basic stuff for basic forts.

PopTart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 11:02:50 am »

Some nice designs! I especially the spiral room. I do tend to avoid 1 tile corridors, I believe it helps with path finding.
Interesting! I always believed 1-tile corridors that help with pathing because they reduce the possible number of paths.

I have made some designs myself but they were made for Quickfort and are in .xls format and thus not compatible. They're nothing special anyway just some standard basic stuff for basic forts.
I found this link to a Quickfort repo:

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Quickfort_Community_Blueprints

So maybe that's the place for Quickfort blueprints. Looks like these are compatible with digfort if you convert them to CSV—are they?

Is Quickfort still included in DFHack?

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 01:04:53 am »

Quickfort, the one case I poked at it, was a separate application which converted .csv (and excel) file into macro (that I had to paste into separate file for some reason). It has way more commands available, but layouts should be generally should be compatible, I think (though one has to use ; instead of , looking at yinyang-99x99 in Tests (unlike with fortplan). Not sure about multiz layouts.).

I haven't bothered with digfort before, but ability to bind running a specific plan to a hotkey or running from inside scripts is an advantage macro doesn't have.

Overall, though, it's that I rarely use repeat designs. Do you know of an opinion other than copying by hand for converting existing design into .csv for the two?

PS: Aesthetically pleasing diagonal connections.