Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: quick fort not working  (Read 2696 times)

sunhear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
quick fort not working
« on: July 25, 2018, 07:42:01 pm »

All,

i trying to use quick fort. i know to use Alt-F to chose the blue print and to use Alt-D to get it in dawrfort. however when i use alt-d it dose not put the blueprint in to dwarf fort. I tried it with several different blueprints i destined. as far as i can tell there is nothing wrong with the CSVs. also i am digging in an area where there should not be any thing like wet stone or hot stone so the mining would be canceled for any part of it. yet the blueprint dose not show up.

how do fix the  problem?

sunhear

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: quick fort not working
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 10:12:55 pm »

Utilities forum probably has a thread on quickfort. Or just start a new one. This forum is for gameplay questions. Cluttering it up by posting raws, controls which don't exist in the vanilla game and requests for links to the dfhack readme just make it confusing for new people.

Bottom left, you should find a "move thread" button.
Honestly you will be noticed quicker if you post in a thread which the developer of your util is probably monitoring.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 03:18:46 am »

Given quickfort age is most of a decade, I don't expect developer to appear.

Anyway, OP, you can use qfconvert.exe (incl. in wine) to convert the .csv and .xlsx files into macros, then copy that macro text output and paste it into new file named whatevernameyouwant.mak into DF folder/data/init/macros.

Seleucian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 12:11:52 am »

I'm using Quickfort with the lastest DF version without any issues. You do need to be in dig mode(press 'd') before using ALT-D.

Abadrausar

• Bay Watcher
  • empowering ideas
    • View Profile
    • ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2018, 02:35:27 am »

If I remember well Quickfort needs the directory data/init/macros to exist in the running Dwarf Fortress process to work correctly (it creates there his temporary *.mak macros) if this directory does not exist then the macro injection process fails...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 02:37:45 am by Abadrausar »
::: Humble Dwarf Fortress Publishing System ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫ Mods Push Published in DFFD are auto updated in local Players Catalog :::

sunhear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2018, 10:56:33 am »

thank you Seleucian not being in the designation menu was my problem. i take it i would also have to be in the appropriate menu for #build.