Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Tea

(1/44) > >>

Artemiuz28:
We have tea trees, but we don't have actual tea. I think this is of extreme importance and should be added ASAP. At least for adventurer mode.

Azerty:

--- Quote from: Artemiuz28 on July 23, 2018, 02:34:09 pm ---We have tea trees, but we don't have actual tea. I think this is of extreme importance and should be added ASAP. At least for adventurer mode.

--- End quote ---

I agree and I think other hot drinks such as coffee, cocoa, mate and any other tisane should be added, some of them giving syndroms and most of them giving an happy thought to the drinker.

There's interesting things here.

catoblepas:
I'm all on board for non-water, non-alcohol drinks being expanded. Last I checked milks are still undrinkable, but I'd love if they were, and other non-alcoholic drinks like tea or coffee (also in game) were added/made drinkable.

Milk, honey, and sugar are all in-game in some form or another-it would be neat to see dwarves adding milk and sweetner to their tea or something like that.

Starver:
Tea came to Europe circa 16thC (post the nominal tech-cut-off of a variety of RL things). It was, however, a mayge 8th/9thC thing in China. Coffee is 15thC, it seems, in confirmable origin, but took a while to spread.

Maybe this could be done by developing 'exotic drink' candidates associated with each civilisation/region. A particular (suitably Raw-tagged) plant starts off as uniquely a given civ's speciality. (Yes, for Dwarves it's probably going to be brewed as in a still, rather than brewed as in a teapot, if guided by suitable civ-specifying tags to that end.)

It'd probably have to be a plant/whatever grown/found in a biome that civ has (significant) presence in, as well, for them to have developed this.

Once trade (and conquest, and diplomatic spying, etc) gets hold of it, it ought to at least potentially spread to other areas (the taste and demand for it, it least, but maybe also a drive to homebrew it themselves, by hook or by crook.

SixOfSpades:
Don't forget fruit juices, now that we have fruits. Maybe the Presser will actually get something to do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version