Hammer Time
- 3 (21.4%)
Time...to die.
- 6 (42.9%)
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
- 3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 88

Author Topic: Industrialized Warfare: Salvios Thread / 1917 A.C. Cold Season (COMPLETE)  (Read 93655 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Industrialized Warfare: Salvios Thread / 1913 A.C. Cold Season (Design Phase)
« Reply #780 on: September 12, 2018, 04:44:23 pm »

I left invasion plans off the vote box because that’s a strategy phase decision.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Industrialized Warfare: Salvios Thread / 1913 A.C. Cold Season (Design Phase)
« Reply #781 on: September 12, 2018, 07:01:19 pm »

Quote from: Voting (2 Designs, send one design to allies, and Invasion Plan)
Designs
PAS-13 'Perahudara' Patrol Airship (2): Madman, FallacyofUrist
Terbang (1): Twinwolf
ArV-13 Tortoise (1): Taricus
LMG-13 (0):
LFG-13 Light Field Gun (3): Twinwolf, Madman, Taricus
Devastator Infantry Cannon (1): Yami
Combat Engineering Kit (2): Yami, FallacyofUrist

Send to Allies
Gavrillium Engine (5): Twinwolf, Madman, Yami, FallacyofUrist, Taricus
M2 Dispersion Grenade (0):
GA1 Cannon (0):
GA1b Cannon (0):
LGG-12 (0):
Mountain Suit (0):
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 07:15:06 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: September 12, 2018, 07:12:03 pm »

Designs
Terbang (2): Twinwolf, Baffler
LMG-13 (0):
LFG-13 Light Field Gun (4): Twinwolf, Madman, Taricus, Baffler

Send to Allies
Gavrillium Engine (6): Twinwolf, Madman, Yami, FallacyofUrist, Taricus, Baffler
GA1 Cannon (0):
GA1b Cannon (0):
LGG-12 (0):
Mountain Suit (0):
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: September 12, 2018, 08:12:19 pm »

AAS-13 'Perahudara' Assault Airship
The Salviosi Arsenal was a thing of beauty and a source of national pride; being able to turn out 100 vessels in 100 days (alright, they were pretty small vessels, and it was only for a limited time as we only needed so many ships and ships tend to be expensive, but this was still very impressive for our nation!)... Or at least, it was, before the Selicates sabotaged and destroyed our port facilities... And with their navy on the prowl around our lands, we feared that the Arsenal would never regain its former glory.. Until today, when our engineers proposed what will herald the future of naval warfare: the 'Perahudara' Assault Airship.

Well, Airship is a bit of a misnomer; Airboat would probably be more appropriate, as the Perahudara is very small by naval standards. A pair of Lifting Engines lifts the Perahudara, mounted at the top of the airship's enclosed space and protruding somewhat, so that in the event of extreme rolls or pitches, this will produce a pendulum type effect to level out the ship. The craft is made out of Caelium Steel instead of regular steel, wherever possible, so as to lessen stress on the lifting engines. A more traditional powerful Gavrilium engine powering a propeller assembly is mounted towards the rear of the boat, with a short boom holding a rudder in the path of the propwash, providing steering capability even at low speeds. Finally, there's a set of landing gear; resembling drydock bracing rather than typical aeroplane equipment; allowing the Patrol Boat to land more or less anywhere there is a roughly Perahudara-sized sufficiently flat space.

The ship is, in shape, similar to a small boat, though the outer hull is not curved but instead composed of flat, 15mm plates of Caelium Steel, angled down to the keel, simplifying construction and design. It is as small as is possible while still carrying a respectable amount of ammunition. It has no provisions for extended stays in the air, so while it requires somewhere to land and be restocked regularly, it is also smaller than it otherwise could be. There is a small covered helmsman's station set at the front of the boat, just above the forwards-facing LGG/GGG. The LGG is set between the two Lifting Engines, which are encased in 25mm of Caelium Steel armor for protection. A basic wooden deck provides protection from the elements for the ship's crew and the twenty soldiers who can be strapped into benches on either side of the lower deck of the airship. A large panel on either side of the ship's hull can be unbolted on landing, and then swing forwards, providing cover for soldiers as they disembark, or allowing extremely easy access for to the internals of the ship for anything from stretcher-bearers to boxes of ammunition.

The Perahudara is armed with only an LGG-12 (can also be replaced with a GGG-12) mounted in the prow and built to allow the gun to depress and traverse much, much more than usual, and one more LGG or GGG-12, for mounted on the top of the boat for self-defense.

As usual, I feel like I forgot something vitally important, so if you see anything missing/stupid/just plain wrong, please point it out.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 07:58:08 am by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: September 13, 2018, 05:24:59 am »

Alright. Fine; fine.. As much as I want the PAS-13 and the aerial artillery support it offers; I do have to admit that troop mobility is one of our major shortcomings at the moment (what with the failure of the Kerata and all). And as such, I will vote for Madman's 'variant' (it may have cannibalized my writeup, but the end result is a fairly different thing). Do note, that I changed the three letter designation to AAS, for Assault AirShip.

Quote from: Voting (2 Designs, send one design to allies)
Designs
LMG-13 (0):
LFG-13 Light Field Gun (5): Twinwolf, Madman, Taricus, Baffler, Jilladilla
AAS-13 'Perahudara' Assault Airship (1): Jilladilla

Send to Allies
Gavrillium Engine (7): Twinwolf, Madman, Yami, FallacyofUrist, Taricus, Baffler, Jilladilla
GA1 Cannon (0):
GA1b Cannon (0):
LGG-12 (0):
Mountain Suit (0):

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: September 13, 2018, 05:32:45 am »

You still mention a Scylla, and "Assault Airship" should probably be changed to "Transport Airship" or "Dropship" or somesuch.
Maybe mention that the prow gun can be either a LGG or GGG? It may be useful to have a more formidable weapon for clearing landing zones. Would cost more, which is why I suggest making it optional.
Other than that, it looks fine. A VTOL transport will be very useful.

Designs
LMG-13 (0):
LFG-13 Light Field Gun (6): Twinwolf, Madman, Taricus, Baffler, Jilladilla, NUKE9.13
AAS-13 'Perahudara' Assault(?) Airship: (2) Jilladilla, NUKE9.13

Send to Allies
Gavrillium Engine (7): Twinwolf, Madman, Yami, FallacyofUrist, Taricus, Baffler, Jilladilla
GA1 Cannon (0):
GA1b Cannon (0):
LGG-12 (0):
Mountain Suit (0):
Long Live United Forenia!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: September 13, 2018, 05:35:33 am »

Designs
ArV-13 Tortoise (0):
LMG-13 (0):
LFG-13 Light Field Gun (6): Twinwolf, Madman, Taricus, Baffler, Jilladilla, NUKE9.13
AAS-13 'Perahudara' Assault(?) Airship: (3) Jilladilla, NUKE9.13, Taricus

Send to Allies
GA1 Cannon (0):
GA1b Cannon (0):
LGG-12 (0):
Mountain Suit (0):
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: September 13, 2018, 05:47:41 am »

Designs
ArV-13 Tortoise (0):
LMG-13 (0):
AAS-13 'Perahudara' Assault(?) Airship: (4) Jilladilla, NUKE9.13, Taricus, Twinwolf

Send to Allies
GA1 Cannon (0):
GA1b Cannon (0):
LGG-12 (0):
Mountain Suit (0):
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: September 13, 2018, 07:08:21 am »

Yeah, Madman; there's some things there that survived your trimming that no longer apply.

Shall we put in a vote for using TAS-13 Transport Airship instead of what it currently uses?

Designs
ArV-13 Tortoise (0):
LMG-13 (0):
AAS-13 'Perahudara' Assault(?) Airship: (4) Jilladilla, NUKE9.13, Taricus, Twinwolf
-Label it TAS-13 'Perahudara' Transport Airship instead (1): Jilladilla

Send to Allies
GA1 Cannon (0):
GA1b Cannon (0):
LGG-12 (0):
Mountain Suit (0):

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: September 13, 2018, 07:56:43 am »

I adjusted the tag itself and the design bit (Thanks to you guys for catching those things), but I'm retaining the AAS designation---it's meant for offensive landings, basically. For instance, once we pass Harren, we'll be able to skip any river defenses (which are always the most effective places to set up defensive lines, except maybe extreme cases like "there's just this one narrow canyon that goes from where they are to where they want to be").
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: September 13, 2018, 10:41:24 am »

Designs
ArV-13 Tortoise (0):
LMG-13 (0):
AAS-13 'Perahudara' Assault(?) Airship: (5) Jilladilla, NUKE9.13, Taricus, Twinwolf, Baffler

Send to Allies
GA1 Cannon (0):
GA1b Cannon (0):
LGG-12 (0):
Mountain Suit (0):
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: September 13, 2018, 10:58:14 am »

Designs
ArV-13 Tortoise (0):
LMG-13 (0):
AAS-13 'Perahudara' Assault(?) Airship: (5) Jilladilla, NUKE9.13, Taricus, Twinwolf, Baffler

Send to Allies
GA1 Cannon (0):
GA1b Cannon (0):
LGG-12 (0):
Mountain Suit (0):
Don't mind me, just fixing the links.
Long Live United Forenia!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: September 13, 2018, 12:05:52 pm »

Designs
PAS-13 'Perahudara' Patrol Airship (1): FallacyofUrist
ArV-13 Tortoise (0):
LMG-13 (0):
AAS-13 'Perahudara' Assault Airship: (6) Jilladilla, NUKE9.13, Taricus, Twinwolf, Baffler, Madman

Send to Allies
GA1 Cannon (0):
GA1b Cannon (0):
LGG-12 (0):
Mountain Suit (0):

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: September 13, 2018, 09:32:09 pm »

Votes for this phase are now locked.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: September 16, 2018, 10:11:09 am »

Something of some importance was mentioned on discord - we're trying to figure out to what MoP is referring so we might be able to fix it in the revision phase. That said, if we're getting told outright in the next combat phase it's not super urgent. A few ideas that have come up is how in hot temperature the gav-engines give off a lot of steam (giving away positions), lack of effective vehicles (the Armored Sled doesn't count for this - it's man-powered), and the fact that gavrillium kinda just turns to slag when explosive force is applied which might apply to engines.

Quote from: Discord
Man of Paper, Actually BeesToday at 1:25 AM
So while I will be revealing something at the start of next turn, I want to get your gears turning. There is something that I've very subtly hinted at that is very important, and it's something Abbera brought up immediately. Look through everything you've done and try to figure it out. Guesses will not be acknowledged by me, but you will all probably agree on what it is when you realize it
Good luck
This is mostly to give you guys the chance to figure it out before the revision phase this turn of you can, and yes it is something that you'd probably like to address soon.

RockeaterToday at 1:37 AM
Being subtle, I guess it's not as simple as the fact we can bypass the middle completely with floating vessels
Where you hinted, in op?
Naval warfare going to go a lot around the island

NUKE9.13Today at 2:14 AM
Blue-water navies are explicitly not allowed.
Due to the major powers enforcing a blockade, or something.

RockeaterToday at 2:17 AM
So there's vessels standing close enough to the coast to notice if our flying ships are out of the land? can we ask for help from them?

NUKE9.13Today at 2:22 AM
Don't think about it too much.
Just know we can't do a navy.

Man of Paper, Actually BeesToday at 2:23 AM
Yeah it's just loose explanation for not needing to worry about dealing with naval lanes

NUKE9.13Today at 2:27 AM
It's not logistics, is it? I thought you said they didn't matter much?
I mean, they are very important, but most ARs just sort of ignore them, outside of TC, which you haven't included.

Man of Paper, Actually BeesToday at 2:36 AM
I'm fine with confirming that those things are both not going to be included in an impactful way, really. This is something I briefly touched in a combat report, but could've easily been overlooked due to circumstance. It's something that looking over your designs you'd realize.

NUKE9.13Today at 3:50 AM
Well, I haven't got a clue what you could be referring to. I see no glaring holes in our arsenal. Unless it's something you usually don't have to worry about in ARs, like, I dunno, medkits or something.

Man of Paper, Actually BeesToday at 3:54 AM
Its more of an interaction

RockeaterToday at 3:57 AM
Something on how our staff break physics maybe?

NUKE9.13Today at 3:57 AM
*stuff

Man of Paper, Actually BeesToday at 3:58 AM
Not physics breaking, but you're headed in a better direction than things I've said aren't going to have much impact.

NUKE9.13Today at 4:00 AM
Now I'm just more confused. Is there some mechanic we don't know about?

Man of Paper, Actually BeesToday at 4:00 AM
Nope.
But it's something I'll be using a tag to highlight just so you don't forget.

FallacyofUrist, CatmongerToday at 4:35 AM
Is this going to make us have a bad time if we don't realize it?

Man of Paper, Actually BeesToday at 4:36 AM
Yeah, but you'll be made aware this combat phase if you don't figure it out, so you'll have the two phases before first combat with Abbera to fix it

EDIT: It was confirmed on Discord (after I pointed something out regarding Gavrillium's reaction to explosive force) that the gav engines are weak to explosive force. Debate is ongoing as the nature of the problem (MoP said it exploded in reaction to explosive force during one of the combat reports, but this kinda goes against what we know about it through our grenades)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 11:10:35 am by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 88