FEKHUGE
- 2 (10%)
I dream of profits because I'm secretly Salviosi
- 4 (20%)
Of Kinetic Sheep
- 11 (55%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 59

Author Topic: Industrialized Warfare: Abbera Thread / 1917 A.C. Cold Season (COMPLETE)  (Read 74873 times)

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welcome, intrepid minds of Abbera.

We finally have the opportunity to claim the rest of our island, all while gaining the support of some of the strongest nations in the world. The Central Alliance is keeping the dogs of Endicar off our shores, so now we only need to focus on our southern neighbors Harren and Salvios. This coming war is about to kick off in earnest and if we can secure Harren Island then control of the waters between the two continents could turn in favor of the Alliance. We're getting used to fighting, but war is changing. While we plan for the future, the Governor has a few requests:

Firstly, keep in mind you will need to decide on a Specialty Resource by the time we engage the Salviosi.

Secondly, there are reports from scouts in the Coniferous Forest of remnant Endicarian soldiers using the area to hide and recover while they hold out hope for eventual rescue. The Republic fields a more modern army than currently at our disposal, so we need you to design one weapon meant to be a primary infantry firearm and one piece of offensive equipment, such as a grenade, combat knife, or otherwise, to aid in rooting them out. You can choose to create two designs of whatever you wish, but designs fitting our specifications will receive special funding for their development. [In game terms, I give a Design Credit for designs that fit the requests made during this stage of the game.] Our equipment is dated, and this will be the first step in modernizing our forces.

Thirdly, our soldiers lack any real uniform. Up to this point everyone's worn what they can, when they can. It's time for us to provide our military with a uniform befitting an independent nation.  This is not meant to be any form of armor or the like - merely a way to distinguish our soldiers from the enemy while making them look like a respectable force.

The future is uncertain, but we Abberans are mighty. These are our lands to claim by right, and that fact will only be confirmed when we occupy Salvios. Good luck.

Spoiler: Designs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Territories (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 01:49:00 am by Man of Paper »

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So we can pick anything for our specialty resource? like something that isn't real or what?

Anyway, WW1 tech so a semi-auto rifle would be a good starting point, maybe a trench gun as well.
Knifes are always useful, and a bayonet can pull double function. Or we could make a revolver or sawed off. those should fulfill the second request as well.

I definitely think that our uniform should have a small green/white/blue/grey/whatever color Crown as a shoulder patch, due to the fact that we are part of the central alliance.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile

I vote that our specialty resource should be Helium. Our Airships will sail the skies, brimming with guns! Also, this is pre-WW1. Not going to be much in the way of semi-automatic weaponry.

For the rifle, I propose the:
Spoiler: Model-001 'Pinscher' (click to show/hide)

For the accessory:
Spoiler: Type-A 'Volley' (click to show/hide)

Edit: Forgot a uniform proposal.

EDIT:

For Posterity:
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 06:05:47 pm by Doubloon-Seven »

Avanti!

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Uniform: Make it green and patterned to blend in the environment with certain gold patterns to tell ya apart.

Edit: Main resource? Helium. Air power boi!!!

Main weapon:

The Penetrator:

A semi automatic firing rifle that is built to be tough as hell and easy to maintain, like so 47 tough ( can hide it by burial, dug out and functions.)

Also the firing iron ends with a pre built bayonet blade in place. The blade is sturdy for slashing and stabbing and can be used to pop open cans in emergence food situations. ( practice for melee.) the butt can be used as a improvised club and stocky to absorb fire for steady bursts.

Bonus weapon:

The Iron Rain: A mortar that fires out bombs of different variety. ( included timed shells that burst, explode on contact or explode in air to shell what’s below.) once again easy maintence and easy to use. Just got to get habit of aiming it.

: hopes to make a good impact on this team. Also had idea for flaming/tracer bullets.)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 11:05:21 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait, if we can have stuff we made up for our resources, I want uber-helium. A gas so light that hydrogen moves over from the number one spot on the Periodic Table.

Avanti!

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And make it non flammable/explodes. Hell if can make up why not Cavorite? It’s a fictional rock that beats gravity. And does not go boom with flames.

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ARA "draco" trench gun:
Spoiler: ARA "draco" trench gun (click to show/hide)

Heres a trench gun, should be useful at close range and clearing out the fortress that we need to take. I will probably vote for the "pinscher" as our rifle right now.

Fuck it, soft science arms race. Time to let the pyromaniac out, I want to have armored soldiers with wrist-mounted flamethrowers, I want to burn everything down.

I don't like the volley, a rifle fired grenade is only good for range. We should have an actual hand grenade first, solely because its more versatile and can actually be used in tight combat.
Helium? really, any special resource (and possibly some not of this world because GM didn't clarify and this is soft science) in the world and you choose helium. if you want flying shit choose aluminum at least, because we can use it for anything that will fly and need metal. Helium is highly specialized (as in good for one thing and one thing only) for our one starting special resource.

EDIT: if we are going for super mateirels for airships, their a material in a game called airships conquer the skies called suspendium. basically, you feed it electricity and it produces a localized antigravity effect, allowing them to fly. 
We really need man of paper to clarify what we can do for our resource.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 10:50:45 am by frostgiant »

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, fair enough on the helium bit, but I wasn't sure if the GM is allowing antigravity crystals or whatever, and I really want airships with heavy guns.

Avanti!

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmmm if our main battle currently is a fortress/inner fighting the penetrator or Draco. But the Pinshcer has great promise.

Bonus Weapon seems to be Wickermsn, smoke them out or roast them.

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can't complain about the uniform, covers everything I wanted.

EDIT: we have like 5 turns don't we? according to the core thread (Really need a link in thread)
So we can do the Draco, Pincher and Wickerman before the game starts properly. and something else. the main fight will be a city fight though (in the beginning)... Artillery, we need artillery depending on what they ask us to make.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 11:57:20 pm by frostgiant »

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know actually, I'm just going to throw some phebotium out for antigravity rock.

Spoiler: Caelium (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Votes
Main Weapon
Model-001: (1) Doubloon
Penetrator: (1) Tyrant Leviathan
Draco: (1) Frostgiant
-----
Offensive Tool
Type-A: (0)
Wickerman: (2) Doubloon
Iron Rain: (1) Tyrant Leviathan
-----
Uniform
SIU: (1) Doubloon
-----
Resource
Caelium: (1) Doubloon
Helium: (1) Tyrant Leviathan
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 12:08:59 am by Doubloon-Seven »

Avanti!

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Votes
Main Weapon
Model-001: (1) Doubloon
Penetrator: (1) Tyrant Leviathan
Draco: (1) Frostgiant
-----
Offensive Tool
Type-A: (0)
Wickerman: (2) Doubloon, frostgiant
Iron Rain: (1) Tyrant Leviathan
-----
Uniform
SIU: (2) Doubloon, frostgiant
-----
Resource
Caelium: (2) Doubloon, frostgiant
Helium: (1) Tyrant Leviathan

Until man of paper tells me otherwise, antigrav rock is a go (even if I really want superfuel for MORE FIRE!)... Leaving my vote on the draco for now, but I don't have my heart set on it (I just like shotguns)

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So we can pick anything for our specialty resource? like something that isn't real or what?

Yep. So far the proposed resources fall within the realm of possibility.

One other point of clarification for both sides: I wouldn't stop you from attempting to do anything flashy with your weapons designs at this point, but the nations of the world are currently able to produce bolt-action rifles in large enough numbers to equip their armies. There are other ideas out there, but nothing tried and proven yet.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

We're on soft sci-fi, so how does this sound as a resource?

Quote from: Promethium=
In its raw form, this hard crystalline mineral is quite stable. Percussive force will shatter the crystals, causing small discharges of stored energy to launch the fragments several meters. Heavy fabrics and care are recommended during extraction.

Promethium crystals somehow absorb geothermal energy over time, and through a careful refinement process we can access this. The energy efficiency compared to Oil is an enormous 20,000,000 kWh per kg, compared to 12 kWh per kg of Oil. The only thing that exceeds it is certain radioactive elements, but the inherent danger of using such materials is not worth it.

Dense power sources are the way to go. More power solves all our problems, whilst any other resource is situational.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 59