FEKHUGE
- 2 (10%)
I dream of profits because I'm secretly Salviosi
- 4 (20%)
Of Kinetic Sheep
- 11 (55%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 59

Author Topic: Industrialized Warfare: Abbera Thread / 1917 A.C. Cold Season (COMPLETE)  (Read 74875 times)

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile

Fair enough, but uberfuel doesn't equal airships without gas bags covered with naval guns and bomb racks. The attraction of the Zeppelin is just too good for me. Though, over a million times better than oil might be just a bit too soft.

Also, I'm now actually considering a semi-automatic rifle. It would be an easier decision if we knew what year equivalent we're in. If it was 1907, I wouldn't want to make one, but if it's more like 1915 I'd be perfectly fine with it.

Quote from: Votes
Main Weapon
Model-001: (1) Doubloon
Penetrator: (1) Tyrant Leviathan
Draco: (1) Frostgiant
-----
Offensive Tool
Type-A: (0)
Wickerman: (2) Doubloon, frostgiant
Iron Rain: (1) Tyrant Leviathan
-----
Uniform
SIU: (2) Doubloon, frostgiant
-----
Resource
Caelium: (2) Doubloon, frostgiant
Helium: (1) Tyrant Leviathan
Promethium: (1) Kashyyk

« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 09:30:52 am by Doubloon-Seven »

Avanti!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

It's not that soft at all really. Nuclear power gets about 24 million kWh per kilo of Uranium. The soft bit is that it doesn't require shielding to not kill everyone.

Main Weapon
Model-001 'Pinscher' Bolt Action Rifle: (2) Doubloon, Kashyyk
"Penetrator" Semi-Auto Rifle: (1) Tyrant Leviathan
"Draco" Trench Gun: (1) Frostgiant
-----
Offensive Tool
Type-A 'Volley' Rifle Grenade: (0)
"Wickerman" Incendiary Grenade: (2) Doubloon, frostgiant
"Iron Rain" Mortar: (2) Tyrant Leviathan, Kashyyk
-----
Uniform
Standardised Infantry Uniform: (3) Doubloon, frostgiant, Kashyyk
-----
Resource
Caelium: (2) Doubloon, frostgiant
Helium: (1) Tyrant Leviathan

Now if I understand it correctly, we also get a standard design to create whatever we want, as we are using the credits to produce the small arm and the offensive tool.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I thought we were producing the main weapon as the design and using the credit to fill in for the offensive tool?

Avanti!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The way I read the OP, it listed a pair of niches to be filled, and then said that any designs that fill a niche will be treated as if its a design credit.

So I think that means we can get two credits and a standard design. Plus the uniform, but I think that's supposed to be a fluff thing rather than a way of sneaking in any sort of mechanical effect.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Main Weapon
Model-001 'Pinscher' Bolt Action Rifle: (3) Doubloon, Kashyyk, Tyrant Leviathan
"Penetrator" Semi-Auto Rifle: (0)
-----
Offensive Tool
-----
Uniform
-----
Resource
Caelium: (3) Doubloon,Tyrant Leviathan,  frostgiant
Helium: 0

Now if I understand it correctly, we also get a standard design to create whatever we want, as we are using the credits to produce the small arm and the offensive tool.
[/quote]
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 10:49:26 am by Tyrant Leviathan »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

With Promethium we will have the energy needed to power a conventional lifting mechanism. With Caelium we apparently need to apply our own energy as well.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

With Caelium we can surround an entire ship in armor and not have to worry about protecting conventional lifting mechanisms from enemy fire.

Avanti!

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I guess I'm joining Abbera (not that I quite get the difference between the two  :P though) Anyway from the main thread:
A 2d6 with a single malus system compared to a 2d4 with a malus systems means it way easier to perform harder designs, and the 2d4 System was way... easy, take for example a Theoritical Roll

A Theoretical design which should be obscenely difficult is actually now, the below-average roll of a 6 means you get a 3 off a theoretical roll gives you a buggy mess, so you still get something. A average roll of a 7 though (3.5+3.5) means you get a below-average Design off a Theoretical off the die average; yeah...

There seems to be minimal penalty to actually doing harder designs and extremely low chance for utter failures, so see ridiculous technology increments...
Going ambitious with our starting gear might actually be a better idea under this system and so I suggest a very ambitious starting weapon the Stinger.
Spoiler: Stinger Assault Rifle (click to show/hide)
Main Weapon
Model-001 'Pinscher' Bolt Action Rifle: (3) Doubloon, Kashyyk, Tyrant Leviathan
"Penetrator" Semi-Auto Rifle: (0)
"Stinger" Assault Rifle: (1) Jerick
-----
Offensive Tool
-----
Uniform
-----
Resource
Caelium: (3) Doubloon,Tyrant Leviathan,  frostgiant
Helium: 0
Promethium: (2) Kashyyk, Jerick

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ambition is all well and good, but uh. That technology is anywhere from thirty to forty years away and this is supposed to be a WW1 game.

Avanti!

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It’s a awesome idea and in WW1 Gatling guns, some machine guns already exist. Just not main soldier gun. In Nam did every platoon have at least one heavy gun guy. In WW1, the men with guns like that more fewer. Machine guns should exist. Just not standard fire arm style.

Like maybe trench weapon and/or on vehicles. But we need proper vehicle first.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, GM just said that it's 1914, so a semi-automatic rifle could be viable. Therefore, I propose this modification of the Model-001, and want to see if the current voters like it or not.
Spoiler: Model-001-A (click to show/hide)

Avanti!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

With Caelium we can surround an entire ship in armor and not have to worry about protecting conventional lifting mechanisms from enemy fire.
What if we want to do anything that doesn't involve flying?

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Weight reduction for superheavy tanks, ultra-long range bullets that have a perfectly flat trajectory, repulsion grenades, electrically fired rifles.

Avanti!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

What if we want to do anything that doesn't involve flying?
Hovertanks, supra-heavy units that can go across thin planks, inventive use for power generation.

Edit: ninja'd
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The only resources worth a damn as a plot device is a thing that fills many points.

Something that defies gravity is much more than flying stuff, as mentioned we can have a range game. Wands Race taught Arz (whatever) that flight and range kick the shit out of the other guys if done quick enough and good enough. Let’s start now.

Besides if not just flying/hover. Can make extremely heavy/fortified things that move normal due to anti gravity.

Hell with this anti gravity stuff got a idea for a plane with metal. No lame ass wood and paper model.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 59