Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Lostshore - Community fort  (Read 5540 times)

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
Re: Lostshore - Community fort
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2018, 05:20:30 pm »

To think I almost forgot about this fort. It would be a huge shame, I just love the storytelling and worldbuilding.

My guy sounds like a decent kind of guy... if you ignore the overwhelming jealousy. So...

Writings of Sequman Strongbows

A lot has happened since I arrived in Lostshore. The tiny encampment is slowly turning into a decent-sized village, and that's mostly a good thing. Mostly, because we seem to have attracted the attention of the long-ears of both kinds:
The elves have sent their unicorns to spy on us, I'm sure of it. Cathar, one of the founders, believes those beasts can be tamed and ridden. Oh how wrong she is... That doesn't mean we can't make a good roast out of a unicorn, I heard they taste amazing, but I've never met anyone who actually ate one.
The goblins though... The fact that they sent a snatcher means that they have their eyes on us, and believe a man of the woods - having glowing red eyes staring at you in the dark is only a little better than already having a knife stuck in your back... I wonder if goblins have any edible war beasts...

On a positive note, Cuddlecreatures had a child! A strong and healthy baby boy. The wax worker must be so happy... I don't remember the last time something big happened to me, always only Sequman go pick valley herbs for golden salve, Sequman go get me some fisher berries for my cake, Sequman go find me some mushrooms! People live exciting lives full of surprises, joy and adventures, and here I am, sitting under a tree, writing whatever comes to my mind because I got bored of collecting wild strawberries! It's not fair!

Whoops, looks like I got carried away a little bit... I should probably get back to work before someone notices me slacking off.

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2018, 10:40:01 am »

8: Out of the wilds

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyone interested in being humaned as Learnedlured?

ShapedWhisper and SQman, perhaps your characters could get along...
All Races Playable Mod - Minimal mod to play as any race in DF - For 0.50.01

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2018, 12:47:55 pm »

When you spoke of featherwood floors above the hospital, I started imagining bridges. Retracting bridges that fling dwarves about. Linked to a lever.

So that the doctors might grow more skilled.

I note the unicorn system has no airlock. Well, it's probably nothing.

Ah, and unicorn horns will taste blood of the werebeast.

...Well, they would have if they hadn't moved. Tbh I'd have locked the doors, wait for them to tranform back, cage them and use them for a repeater.

...I wonder what happens if someone with grudge against the mayor complains to them?

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2018, 12:48:26 pm »

Recent events : Cathar's point of view edition

Music

Oh by the way, how is my training going? Especially as a craftswoman ? How skilled am I now?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 01:26:20 pm by Cathar »

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2019, 09:08:11 am »

9: A proper place to sleep

Back to Lostshore. No promises about regular updates or anything. But I got the urge to see what was going on in this town.

Looks like we need a captain of the guard!

Here are all the new migrants:
All Races Playable Mod - Minimal mod to play as any race in DF - For 0.50.01

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2019, 05:07:31 am »

YES

Glad to have you back, and congratulation for your critical foalure !
Pages: 1 2 [3]