Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: TWBT you error  (Read 2018 times)

Truncatedurist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
TWBT you error
« on: July 24, 2018, 06:01:36 pm »

When using meph tileset and TWBT get error message GPUunable to accommodate texture catalog. Retry without graphical tiles, update your driver's, or better yet update your gpu

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
Re: TWBT you error
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 07:57:29 pm »

When using meph tileset and TWBT get error message GPUunable to accommodate texture catalog. Retry without graphical tiles, update your driver's, or better yet update your gpu

Yeah, Meph's tileset is very big. But I thought it should be fine on all modern GPUs. What graphics card do you have?

Truncatedurist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 02:50:19 pm »

Intel hd graphics

Truncatedurist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 02:52:25 pm »

Intel HD3000

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2018, 04:47:03 pm »

Intel HD3000

I've heard of some problems with other software and these cards too. Unfortunately I don't have a solution at the moment, I'm planning to modify TWBT to use smaller textures but that requires a lot of work. As usual, I can only recommend making sure you have the latest drivers, sorry.

Truncatedurist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2018, 09:09:38 pm »

Unfortunately due to Intel errors I cannot update these driver's so once you modified TWBT I'll gladly use it

superbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2018, 03:44:44 am »

Try increasing graphics card memory in BIOS settings, it's usually easy to find, maybe this guide can help.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2018, 05:54:59 pm »

Yes, I don't know if there are such settings for HD3000 but it's worth checking - maybe in BIOS, maybe in software usually installed with drivers.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2018, 01:33:48 am »

that's not a card, that's an "integrated graphics processor", a tiny little graphics thing that goes on the same chip as the CPU--essentially, no graphics card at all

Truncatedurist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2018, 12:22:34 pm »

The problem is due to meph tile set with TWBT using to much of the cpu L3 cache

Truncatedurist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2018, 12:26:54 pm »

TWBT makes the game redraw every .1 seconds

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2018, 12:58:01 pm »

that's not a card, that's an "integrated graphics processor", a tiny little graphics thing that goes on the same chip as the CPU--essentially, no graphics card at all
It answers the question. There's obviously some sort of graphics card there, or DF wouldn't work at all. Debating whether it's a physical card is irrelevant.

The problem is due to meph tile set with TWBT using to much of the cpu L3 cache
TWBT makes the game redraw every .1 seconds
I'm pretty sure the only issue here is that your GPU can't handle the size of the textures used by the tileset. While the two things you mentioned could cause performance issues, they wouldn't cause the error you're running into.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Truncatedurist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2018, 04:57:23 pm »

You're probably right, but are there any solutions for this problem? Besides modifying meph+vordak or TWBT?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 05:01:00 pm by Truncatedurist »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2018, 11:48:15 am »

Buy and install a new graphics card with a GPU large enough to accomodate 4096x4096 texture cataloges.

Modifying the tileset could help, if you downscale it to 24x or 16x using photoshop or similar tools, but it defeats the purpose of having a 32x tileset in the first place.

You can also start deleting .pngs, like the decorations or the procedually generated demons/titans, to free up space. obviously the sprites would be missing, but as long as you dont build decorations, you wont notice.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Truncatedurist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2018, 01:11:59 pm »

I'll just have to downsize the graphics png due to using a crusty Toshiba satellite c655
Pages: [1] 2