Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: No Man's Sky - NEXT is out!  (Read 24447 times)

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No Man's Sky - NEXT is out!
« Reply #90 on: August 04, 2018, 12:11:17 pm »

When doing a quest, make sure its active by going in your log or ut wont register... stupid but eh.
This.  If you have any of the staffing missions set it will point right at the ONLY npc you can hire.  It's not a search, it's a "he's over there, go get him."

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2018, 12:57:13 pm »

In Atlas Rises, the main story quest has issues during release that got fixed quickly. At one point you go through a portal to the other side of the Galaxy and end up separated from your ship and any way home. You could get stuck in that planet, or get back to your base but lose access to the planet, breaking the quest line.

It got fixed after the big, crashy bugs got fixed. I'm sure that's going to happen again.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 04, 2018, 06:18:37 pm »

Yeh the quest stuff is super dumb. If a NPC tells you to get X and you get X, but your quest isn't active in the tracker, the NPC will pretend you don't have the item.
It's super hard to me to play like that, but it feels the intended flow of the quests (specially base quests) is to don't care about them: gather stuff, explore, adventure, and then come back and advance. Teleport back during your adventures when you got the stuff instead of intentionally going after it, because it [usually] feels frustrating.
However, a sandbox/open-ended/exploration game shouldn't box you in it's 'intended' ways. And of course, the addition of cooldowns makes all that even worse.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 04, 2018, 07:52:28 pm »

I'd second getting a few mods to make it less grindy - the launch fuel one is necessary

Something the game does not clearly explain, there are landing zones designated next to most outposts, marked by pulsing ring particles. Landing on these allows you to launch afterwards without consuming any launch fuel. Since I figured this out, I've had no difficulty keeping my fuel gauge filled.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 05, 2018, 01:29:49 am »

Just analize everything uranium secondary isn’t that rare and can refuel the ship directly

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 05, 2018, 09:23:44 pm »

I have not yet decided if this was a noob move.

I'm on a super hot planet. Found 15-ish vortex cubes in the caves near a settlement. Sold them and the TetraCobalt that I received when picking them up. I'm a good ways off from anything I could make from them and don't really have the storage space anyway.

Gave me enough units to purchase the mats for an advanced mining laser, plus a load to spare.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 05, 2018, 10:00:29 pm »

Running TetraCobalt through a refiner once will dramatically increase it's value.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 06, 2018, 07:32:28 am »

Yep. Noob move.

TetraCobalt: 6150 units ea.

Refine into Ionised Cobalt: 150 pieces @ 401 units ea. Total: 60150 units per refined TetraCobalt.

That hurts. I probably could have got a new ship with the proceeds.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 08:10:13 am by Mephisto »

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 06, 2018, 08:07:37 am »

One good mod to think about is heaper repair and less damaged slot on ship you find, else it takes monstrupus amount of repair material when you find a new ship. I like the fact you can take it without leaving he one you have and have the damaged ship on your freighter or spawn it, do repairs and hop back in the one already fixed and work on it slowly.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 06, 2018, 08:22:38 am »

I recommend salvaging new ships, repairing only the launch thrusters and pulse drive to get it mobile, then take it to a station and trade it in towards a new ship. Even badly damaged, those ships retain most of their trade-in value.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 07, 2018, 04:41:32 pm »

if you follow ship trails from space that go from one planet to another you are very likely to find a base at the end. very useful.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 08, 2018, 02:00:01 pm »

if you follow ship trails from space that go from one planet to another you are very likely to find a base at the end. very useful.

Wow! I swear, I learn something new about this game every minute. Part of me resents the lack of thorough explanation during what are tantamount to tutorial quests, but on the other hand, I do appreciate all the little nuances and attention to detail they've snuck in.

10 MILLION DOLLARS to the modder who allows us to import and explore our Stellaris saves.  :D

“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 08, 2018, 02:07:40 pm »

hold my beer

nah im kidding. i would love to live in my imperium of man knockoff, as i am a human i would be given utopian standards of living while the xeno works in the mines. but in no mans sky, i feel like that'd put a damper on my exploring the cosmos for the purpose of seeing the weird animal generation the game makes.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 10, 2018, 04:36:00 am »

I got a couple ships out of distress signal before learning that you can't sell them

anyway, if I let one back I've the option to call the ship where I'm at using navigation somethings out of the action menu.

my question now is, if I warp to another system, can I still call the ship that I leave behind?

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 10, 2018, 10:25:58 am »

I got a couple ships out of distress signal before learning that you can't sell them

anyway, if I let one back I've the option to call the ship where I'm at using navigation somethings out of the action menu.

my question now is, if I warp to another system, can I still call the ship that I leave behind?

My understanding is if you log out or warp to another system, all your ships will end up in your freighter (Not sure if you've been given one of those yet, but you'll get the oppurtunity after a few jumps)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14