Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: No Man's Sky - NEXT is out!  (Read 24446 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
Re: No Man's Sky - NEXT is out!
« Reply #105 on: August 10, 2018, 11:26:42 am »

Spoiler: *slaps roof* (click to show/hide)

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 10, 2018, 12:16:32 pm »

my question now is, if I warp to another system, can I still call the ship that I leave behind?
At the right of the menu to call you ship, there is the option to call your other ships. It works even for ships that are not in the system.

Also, having multiple ships can be good to exchange your "not primary" ship to a nicer ship at an NPC station, so you get a discount by exchanging instead of buying his ship.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2018, 11:23:29 am »

Procedural missions can be weird. I had a New-Ager-in-denial Vykeen recruit hire me to help him find himself. I got 89 nanites for pressing "e" three times, and he got plausible deniability for his soft-headed soul-searching. Win-win I guess?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 12, 2018, 11:21:59 pm »

Soooo... this game still the flaming pile of lies like it was on launch? Or is it worth buying now? Heard they made lots of updates.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 12, 2018, 11:56:39 pm »

Soooo... this game still the flaming pile of lies like it was on launch? Or is it worth buying now? Heard they made lots of updates.
Look at the recent reviews. It's good if you can stomach the cost (I can't because I'm poor).
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 13, 2018, 02:35:08 am »

Yeah it's almost completely changed from at launch - or rather, it's now basically what they said it would be at launch. That being said, I wouldn't say it's the most incredible game ever - it's just a really good planet exploring, slightly arcade-y survival sim.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 13, 2018, 08:46:42 am »

The procedural aspects are shallow if you're used to better, less-flashy procedural generation. It's pretty and it's entertaining, though.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 13, 2018, 11:20:38 am »

so, I went back to my starting base and it was all deconstructed. did I forgot to save it or something? I think I did upload it to atlas.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 13, 2018, 11:41:27 am »

Do you mean your pre-patch base? I haven't loaded a pre-patch save but I recall mention that old bases were "archived" somehow and you'd need/be able to reload them, possibly from a base computer? Maybe?

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 13, 2018, 03:22:26 pm »

Old bases were dismantled and stored as their components. You have to follow a mission to get it all back.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 13, 2018, 10:43:18 pm »

So freaking glad they fixed the trade commodities. I never played until the NEXT update, and had I known what I know now, well... I might not have raided all those Korvax freighters.

No, I still would have.  :P
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 14, 2018, 11:56:51 am »

found a system that another player discovered while setting up a trading loop. and nothing, well I'm now looking around for his artifacts, but it was notable on it's own. it's just 5 jumps from where I started.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 14, 2018, 10:36:39 pm »

Been playing with a friend.  I am entertained enough to go doing things on my own without them so that's a plus.  Though he is getting rather annoyed that I'm finding stuff without him.

Him: How do you have a new ship?
Me: I found it on that planet over there while looking for copper like I told you I would do.
Him: Why do you have 2 ships?
Me:Because I was in another system and found a cool looking fighter I could afford and bought it in trade for my old starting ship.
Him:Why were you in another system?
Me: Because I needed to build a small base for myself because I apparently can't access anything at our base when yer offline.
Him: How do you have a freighter?
Me: Remember when I warped to that new system?  Well a freighter was apparently under attack there.  I splodied the pirates and the captain just straight up gave it to me for free.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 14, 2018, 11:07:27 pm »

found a system that another player discovered while setting up a trading loop. and nothing, well I'm now looking around for his artifacts, but it was notable on it's own. it's just 5 jumps from where I started.

Ah, trading! This was bugged when I started playing (commodities disappeared from shop menus), so it really blew my mind just how much time and energy I had been wasting mining asteroids and hunting eggs. xD But, there's always something to be said for figuring things out for yourself!

Made my first 1/10 bil in units, and I'm tempted to blow it on a mid-sized freighter, but I know I should save for a proper hauler. Having all this money is making me consider eccentric side projects too, like... kitting out a small S-Class hauler with pulse engine upgrades, or filling a shuttle with maximum weapons and shields..!
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 16, 2018, 09:39:28 pm »

Ok so here's a question for you guys.  I took a mission that immediately bumped me up to a 5 star wanted level during the completion.  I fly around for a bit and notice that the sentinels are not going into searching.  Look it up on the wiki and indeed once you are at 5 star the  sentinels will always know where you are, there is no escape.  SO I fly into space since I can't avoid them on the ground maybe I can fly into space and destroy the sentinel fighter, since I'm currently in what I consider a beast of a combat ship.

Destroy the fighter no problem, already outperforming my first death.  2 more fighters warp in, and I see my wanted level went up here too.  Not wanting a repeat of what happened on the ground I turn to run.  No dice I can't get far enough away to pulse drive, OR set them to searching and on the radar they are keeping pace with me, no outrunning them.

So I turn around and wreck them too, and pulse drive away immediately ignoring the loot.   No dice there as it seems the bastards straight up teleport to me 2 seconds into pulse drive killing my drive again.  I ended up flying at snail speed to the nearest space station which was fortunately only 10 minutes away on afterburners where the sentinels left.  Looking up on the wiki just indicates my situation would become completely untenable if I just kept killing them (sentinel battleship....great...) and seems to give no advice on how to escape that situation.   So how do you escape sentinels in space I doubt flying holding shift for 10 minutes is the intended solution.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14