Finally... > Life Advice

Python IDE for Android

(1/1)

Eschar:
Can anyone recommend a good Python development environment + REPL (preferably free) for an Android phone? It's a Motorola E4 Plus, if that matters.

Starver:

--- Quote from: Eschar on July 25, 2018, 11:14:49 am ---Can anyone recommend a good Python development environment + REPL (preferably free) for an Android phone? It's a Motorola E4 Plus, if that matters.
--- End quote ---
I've played with QPython, in the past. Although as Python isn't my favourite scripting language I've really not pushed anywhere near its limits (my idea was to 'practice' Python when mobile, to perhaps do more with it back on the PC, but there are just too many other things to do on a tablet..!) and, though the store page for it has the typical overwhelming bias towards top-ratings, the top three comments are low-rated and mention 'problems' (possibly PEBCAK ones).

Retropunch:
it's a tricky one but the best in my opinion it's definitely Pydroid 3

It says it's an educational IDE which is a bit misleading - it's just an IDE with a lot of educational packages bundled in. It's reasonably fast and your phone is powerful enough that it shouldn't have an issue.

You will 10000000% need some sort of keyboard though; don't even try without as writing anything other than a few lines will be hell.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version