Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41]

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Dark Secret "Dark Secret" BYOR Mafia: GAME OVER! MAFIA WIN!  (Read 55760 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Dark Secret "Dark Secret" BYOR Mafia: GAME OVER! MAFIA WIN!
« Reply #600 on: September 14, 2018, 06:48:36 am »

Hah. Thanks, webaddict~
I only did it because I hate cults. I was thiiiiiiis close to considering killing all of you, though. Slowest game ever, and hector slows his roll the whole last Day for no reason.

I knew you were there, GM had 1 player too many in the early phase.
Never got the chance to find you though.

I might also mention that I appear to be the only TOWN player.... That ability was always going to get me killed after the first reveal. In a regular-ish game, it might have done better.

I also should have used that ability night 0, but I thought I needed to save it for passing as town..
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 07:02:53 am by TricMagic »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: September 14, 2018, 07:10:37 am »

Hah. Thanks, webaddict~
I only did it because I hate cults. I was thiiiiiiis close to considering killing all of you, though. Slowest game ever, and hector slows his roll the whole last Day for no reason.

Well, none of the cult leaders told me who they were, and then suddenly I’m not cult anymore. I thought Egan was doing something terrible to me.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: September 14, 2018, 08:29:09 am »

That was interesting to read... when I could actually read it through the rainbow vomit everywhere.

doomchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Official Pace Car for the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: September 14, 2018, 10:00:25 am »

That was weird.
Quote from: webadict
I could care less what you are now, because what you will be is dead.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: September 14, 2018, 06:40:46 pm »

So webadict stole the cult win by unculting hector13 at the last moment?

God damn it webadict.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Thanatos Russ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: September 15, 2018, 05:52:17 am »

Oh wow, pairs of scum, didn't expect that.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: September 19, 2018, 03:40:14 am »

Okay. Postgame analysis, as promised. This is edited from my notes through the game, so I'm not 100% sure it's not missing anything, but it's the best I have. :P

NIGHT 0

webadict is first to move, using Secret Stalker on Deus Asmoth.
However, rockeater uses War on hector13 and rolled webadict as the random player, so this was redirected to hector instead. This has no actual effect because neither Deus Asmoth nor hector visited anyone, but it does cause both to be weakened.
IcyTea31 uses Spider Nest, choosing Oh god they're in my hair!.
Randomgenericusername uses Whispers in the Dark on hector13, so hector13 receives Eldritch Cultist.
Fallacy uses Blue Room on TricMagic; TricMagic receives the Mystery Mask.
hector uses Perhaps I Should Wait This Out, gaining a shot of Perhaps I Can Understand. As a result of this in combination with War, webadict is weakened as previously mentioned.
Thanatos Russ bites Fallacy, spreading lycanthropy.

DAY 1

IcyTea, Fallacy, RGU, Deus, and Thanatos are randomly selected by Rapture and thus invulnerable to death from abilities this cycle.

TricMagic sends the following Mixed Message to Egan_BW:
"The Light of the Moon reveals, Masks begin to Clash.
Darkness envelops Truth, and all is struck down in Lies.
Only one shall remain clear in this day's Sun."

IcyTea uses Oh god they're in my hair! on Deus Asmoth, roleblocking him and setting off spider speculation. As a result, Deus Asmoth is unable to vote and gain shots in The Promised End.
TricMagic then commits suicide. Deus Asmoth gets the truth bomb. He soon triggers it, but survives because of Rapture. He gets lynched anyway.

Thanatos Russ, IcyTea31, randomgenericusername, and FallacyofUrist all get headaches. FoU and Thanatos Russ roll poorly and are weakened by the headache. Egan_BW gains ?????, ????????, ?????????, and ?×10 from the effect.

NIGHT 1

RGU uses Dreams of the Outer God, choosing to regain Whispers in the Dark.
IcyTea uses Arachnid Infiltration + Oh God They're In My Hair on hector13; hec is roleblocked and becomes a spidercultist. His Eldritch Cult membership is suppressed because cults take effect chronologically.
RGU sends hector a lengthy message, but it goes nowhere because he's no longer an eldritch cultist! The message he would have received: "Hector13

TricMagic is a reverse death miller scum, his ability to give fruit was the only thing he decided to claim before he died. He said that he was going to flip town as part of a hidden auto or ability he refused to inform me about until moments before his death. Don't worry about targetting me, I'll be fine.

Deus Asmoth was the unlucky leader of a fellow cult, separate from ours. If we manage to revive AND recruit him, our cults will be merged and we will probably win when it happens.

I'll sleep now and you will have a chance to gain a random ability, which can be a revive. I can prevent a lynch by using my day ability that can make someone's vote decide the lynch.

It might be a good idea to create a code to be able to communicate during the day, but I'm not very good at creating codes.

Possible abilities gained by my sleep recharge ability: revive, roleblock, role reset, transform someone into a miller, super inspect, super protect and finally a stupidly dangerous infection ability."

FoU uses Bloodhound Nose on Egan_BW. As flavour, he's told that the scent of Egan seems to be "everywhere and yet nowhere", and apparently interprets this as meaning Egan visited everyone. This is of course untrue. Due to the ? effect, FoU gets a headache again and Egan gets ???; FoU gets weakened again, but weakness due to headaches alone can't kill someone, only put them in position to potentially get killed from a direct attack.
Thanatos Russ also uses Bloodhound Nose, on IcyTea31. He learns that IcyTea visited hector13 and that nobody else visited IcyTea.

webadict does nothing. hector13 is roleblocked, but he tried to use Perhaps I Should Wait This Out.
Doomchild decides to nightkill rockeater. Rockeater decides to nightkill Doomchild. Egan_BW also decides to nightkill Doomchild. Rockeater dies, Doomchild double dies. Four players are now dead and it becomes clear to me that I didn't counterbalance the dying hard enough at all.

DAY 2

webadict uses Surprise Purgative on FoU. FoU loses all his werewolf powers at the end of the day.
hector13 uses Perhaps The Truth Is Out There, and rolls Fallacy. Since Fallacy is no longer a werewolf, he reverts to his previous status as a serial-killer-miller. Serial miller? Anyway, hector learns that Fallacy is a serial killer.

IcyTea elects to do nothing in order to trigger doomchild's reviving Phoenix Down ability. He does, however, send various messages to hector13 over spider radio, which I neglected to copy down.
At some point, Egan_BW uses ???????? and suddenly "dies".

Thanatos Russ gets lynched. Fallacy mistakenly thinks that this is what caused him to lose his werewolf powers, and thus the skin ninja is safe to ninj another day.
Fallac also gets a headache! Again! He doesn't ever learn! Egan gains ?×15. Deus Asmoth revives. Deus Asmoth gains ?×11.

NIGHT 2

Fallacy uses Purple Room on hector13! Hector13 gains Plague Doctor Mask!
RGU uses Whispers in the Dark on Deus Asmoth, granting him the Eldritch Cultist ability.
At the same time, Deus Asmoth uses Grapple With the Past on RGU and TricMagic! RGU dies, no doubt feeling substantially betrayed! TricMagic revives!
IcyTea continues using Phoenix Down, so doomchild returns to life at the end of the night too.

webadict fruitsassinates: FoU, hector13, and Deus Asmoth. He wants the fruit to be labelled "From the Spiders". Deus Asmoth is chosen for death; the other two receive fruit.
hector13 nightkills Deus Asmoth. Yes, that's right, every time someone got nightkilled this game, it was a double death.

DAY 3

At this point, the living players are: webadict, hector13, egan_bw, icytea, doomchild, fallacyofurist, and tricmagic. Both webadict and egan_bw are unknown to most players, although hector knows egan is alive.

webadict does Surprise Purgative on hector13. hector13 is cured of all cultism and also loses the mask.

TricMagic uses Mystery Mask, and adopts the guise of doomchild! This proves to accomplish nothing because nobody targeted either of them, and then TricMagic selfimmolates again, thus wasting the redirection. TricMagic chooses FOU for truth bomb! It doesn't last long.

Egan_BW wants to get rid of ?×15 so people stop undropping like flies, and kills doomchild with it. This causes doomchild to trip and splatter on the pavement.
At some point, the first Dark Secret comes out and webadict gains Improved Fruitsassination.
FoU is lynched.

NIGHT 3

Thanatos Russ wakes up from being dead.

As I put it in my notes, "hector13 uses Perhaps They Will Not Act! 3 players are roleblocked! THAT'S ALMOST ALL OF THEM!"; everyone is roleblocked and none of the player actions actually take place.
If they had, IcyTea would've used Spider Nest, EganBW would've mafiakilled him, and webadict would've fruitsassinated everyone else, killing Egan. But instead, nothing happens.

DAY 4

For a brief moment, I think that things are going to go somewhere interesting, because Thanatos Russ unknowingly said Egan's name even after he blew his cover. But, of course, the game ends before he can get a headache and I can "randomly" give Egan [cat-sitting-on-?-key.jpeg].

Instead, Egan_BW uses ??? and ?×10 to kill Thanatos and roleblock IcyTea, because I was careless with my wording of "any ineffable ability" and I had to admit that it would technically allow him to chain into a nightkill when he asked. As a result of this and the fact that webadict picked a side and secretly voted for IcyTea, IcyTea is lynched and the game ends.

And that's close, and since I took, what, five days to get around to it, I assume you probably don't have any further discussion to discuss. Still, I have formulated some improvements to the general concept of "mafia where everyone is mafia" as a result of this data, and I think I will try this again some time. Tune in next time, whenever I feel like it, for Maximum Spin's "Open Secret" BYOR Mafia. :P

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: September 19, 2018, 10:26:05 am »

Don't worry, I'll "pretend" that I don't know. Wink wink.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: September 19, 2018, 02:53:22 pm »

Thanks for doing the game, Max. Thoroughly enjoyed second guessing myself for most of the game.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: September 19, 2018, 06:48:31 pm »

It was fun. Very fun.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41]