Dwarf Fortress > DF General Discussion

Downsizing DF for performance purposes

(1/5) > >>

ChairmanPoo:
Hello, I have searched for this to no avail, even though I´m sure others have asked for it (and I´m pretty sure I asked this myself in the past for previous versions): is there any way to stop migration altogether, be it through game mechanics or through modding?

The main point is to prevent FPS death, of course. I really want to try the new version, but I groan at the thought of getting invested and then suffering FPS death.

Likewise, if there IS a way, I´d appretiate a reminder on how you lower the pop reqs for invasions and megabeast attacks...

KittyTac:
The siege triggers are in the goblin entity raws.

DG:
To stop migrants: DF folder -> data folder -> init folder -> d_init file

If you set POPULATION_CAP to 7 you'll get no migrants. If one of your dwarves die, you'll get a migrant. Set it to zero and you will never get any. It's really good these days because it doesn't force the initial migrant waves of the past and you don't need the diplomat to visit/leave for the number you've set or updated to be respected by the game.

To customize megabeast reqs, in-game choose Design New World with Advanced Parameters and then hit e for advanced parameters and scroll down to here:

It does say Titan but the wiki on the fields in question says that it affects megabeasts. http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Advanced_world_generation#Titan_Parameters I can't give you a firsthand assurance of that because I've never really paid attention to it. I can confirm that there are advanced parameters not labeled as well as they could be, such as Number of Evil Rain Types. Setting that to zero wont remove evil rains, it'll just remove all syndromes from them.

Shonai_Dweller:
Wiki is wrong. Megabeast attack triggers are in their raws.

Putnam:

--- Quote from: Shonai_Dweller on July 27, 2018, 12:42:27 am ---Wiki is wrong. Megabeast attack triggers are in their raws.

--- End quote ---

Then fix it.

I did this time, but the point stands.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version