Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Good Safe Mods for PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 0.44.12-r02 ?  (Read 1405 times)

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What MODS can I safely add to the PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 0.44.12-r02 without risking an unstable game?     I would like to include Fortress Defense Mod II, but it looks like it hasn't been updated since January so I don't know if this would be safe.   Any mod recommendations for increasing the fantasy(dragons, magic, siege attacks, ogres, etc.,) details?

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
Re: Good Safe Mods for PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 0.44.12-r02 ?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 12:34:19 am »

If your looking for simple DF Mods that add new content such as races, creatures, metal, ect. to the game, your best bet is looking up in "Mod Releases" and just read up on the ones that are up to date (44.12) with DF in general, most mods already work with the starter pack since most are mainly edited within the raws, while others take a bit cuz some rely on DFHack. Just keep this in mind tho, truthfully if you plan on playing mods just keep an open mind of possibility of any mods having any gamebreaking bugs, and if you come across such thing to let the creator of the mod know about it. Then again there are some game breaking bugs in vanilla as well.. so that doesn't help us modders when we come across it while play testing xD.
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 03:52:08 am »

Mods that rely on DFHack should work perfectly fine with the starter pack.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 04:12:52 am »

Mine should definitely still work - I think some of them were included in one of jecowas packs.

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 09:32:40 am »

Haberdasher should work fine in the current version.
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2018, 02:51:58 pm »

If you want the Fortress defense mod, you can rip it from the Meph tileset pack, which includes an updated version of it, plus new graphics for all included creatures done by Vordak. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 02:06:14 am »

Thanks everyone... I'm starting with the  Dark Ages III: War & Mythos ⊕] Vanilla + Horror [44.12][Ironhand Dark]  mod which seems to include the Defense Mod as well.   My new fort has walls and a gate... hopefully something will try attacking the walls and drawbridge.   I remember several years ago intentionally not building bridges because it would allow me to survive years and years and years avoiding all threats... eventually I had to stop building traps as well.   Crossing my fingers for some good siege attacks.