Current schedule is fine...
- 2 (25%)
Obligatory Dark One's weird joke
- 2 (25%)
Actual weird joke!
- 1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Undead Hunt 2: And all may be lost  (Read 13943 times)

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt 2: And all may be lost [8/8]
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2018, 11:26:00 am »

Waiting for Smoke Mirrors. I'll update character sheets and op tomorrow.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2018, 12:07:05 pm »

Work on blending in with the crowd and run through everything The Man has told me about demons. I need to be prepared.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2018, 01:37:14 pm »

Player sheets have been updated a few days ago. How about an update this Thursday or at the weekend?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2018, 05:17:23 pm »

Pick whichever you want, either is fine for me.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2018, 01:40:16 pm »

Turn 2

Arror Blazzup

[1] To the fortifications ran Arror, unaware of the curse placed upon his armour. As soon as he got there and peaked his head out to see the hostile armies, a powerful force pulled him into the Abyss!

[2] Venturing forth through the realms of malice, terror and pain, the same force pulled him again. To a fortress of flesh and bone, where all hope may be gone. He flied through an open gate, where the dark rider was awaiting. "A mortal in the armour of wraiths, aggravating! For the rest of your miserable life you will serve me, and further, till the end of eternity!" the dread knight have said.

Jack Frost

[4] Jack observed the horizon in search of enemies. It wasn't a troublesome task, armies of the Underworld were just outside city walls! He alerted other guards. "Yeah, we can see them!" one of them spat out.

[1] The wanderer took aim just when a catapult hurled a corpse right at him! The dead slammed with Jack with enough force to throw him off the fortifications!

Sandford

Sandford yelled to the knight he could see in the distance: "Well met, traveler! Sorry we can't give you a proper welcome, but it seems there's about to be a bit of demon trouble. I see you've got a sword. You here to help with the monsters, by any chance?" He did not respond though, he might have not heard his shout. "Well, looks like they aren't interested in talking. Now then, let's see how you lot were planning to shoot..."

[5] The wanderer inquired about tactics and shooting techniques of the city watch. Seeing many imperfections and fallacies in them, he instructed them on proper defense and shooting, doubling their effectiveness!

Reynald Law-Keeper & Iolani

Someone shouted from the city walls, but Reynald wouldn’t respond to him, being too far off to hear him over the sounds of the army before him. The army he was going to weaken and delay.

Iolani came upon who she assumed was the person Waerghulf, the God of the Hunt, mentioned. He was turned away from her, looking into the distance at the oncoming enemy. He lacked a helmet and full protection, but she could see the shine in both his hair and plated armor. Knowing that a conversation would assumedly interrupt his concentration, she drew her shortbow and followed him in stride. At least she could see the surroundings more from her current position.

[Reynald: 3 +1, Undead Soldier: 1, Undead Soldier: 6, Impling: 5] The watchman noticed an easy target within the enemy lines - a typical undead grunt. He took aim, targeting at its head, and shot! The arrow pierced a rotting eye and flied through the skull, then bounced off the armour of another undead soldier. A lesser demon noticed from where the arrow flied and chucked a sparkbolt back to Reynald!

[6] Reynald was able to dodge the speeding bolt of sparks with ease. However, the dried grass he and Iolani were standing on have immediately ignited!

[Reynald: 1, Iolani: 1] Parts of their clothes have set ablaze as if they were soaked with oil!

Arthur Stanford

"But The Lord will forgive you for your sins against him and his people, This is the Armagedon and as The Lord man we will be prepared, when those armies of Satan will come we will fight in the name of our Lord and we will hold in this house of prayer!" - Arthur have preached.

[4] Nearly all the frightened souls in the church found wisdom in the words of the doom prophet. Citizens started gathering resources required to change the Church of Nix into a true fortress!

Nmngubgu Sugnta

[2] With a confused look in his face, Nmngubgu tried to answer in his own language. "...Hu, fbeel. V qba'g ernyyl haqrefgnaq. Jub ner lbh ntnva? Qb V xabj lbh sebz fbzrjurer?" The man stared at the demiurge in confusion.

[5] "And I thought that it'd go easily... the man said, took a note out of his pockets and handed it to Nmngubgu. It was one of those "Wanted" posters... with demiurge's portrait and name on it. Someone needed help in finding him out, and those interested should meet in "Taffing Blaggard" inn. Curiously, the note said that no harm should be done to the newcomer from the east. There is a seemingly small cottage outside the city walls. It is standing atop a hill that overlooks local swamps, to the north. A magician called Seymour the Amethyst and his daughter Lydia live there. The girl is a wise woman, she received a vision showing that you will come here, and that you are being followed by members of the Dark Circle. They offer you protection, as well as exchange of knowledge. Should you believe in words of a lowly drunkard that wanted to change his miserable life, head to Northern Gate through Old Quarter and go to the hut." The man disappeared before Nmngubgu could process all his speech, but demiurge felt that he didn't lie.

Solomon Blackguard

[4] Solomon had no troubles blending in with the crowd, as if he wasn't wearing Dark Circle's robes at all! He skimmed through the notes that The Man gave him. He didn't have to read them, as the knowledge contained within somehow just flown into his mind. The demiurge learnt more about all the possible ways to kill a demon!

Enemies:

Undead Soldier: -20 HP [30/50]

Players:

Nmngubgu: Received "Help Wanted Poster"
Reynald Law-Keeper: Ablaze (-2HP per turn) -2 HP [38/40]
Jack Frost: -15 HP [5/20]
Solomon Blackguard: Basic Demonology (+20 damage against demons, permanent bonus)
Iolani: Action Interrupted! Ablaze (-2HP per turn) -2 HP [38/40]
Arthur Stanford: +1320 followers, +384 Resources required to improve Church defenses [384/150], Estimated upgrade time: 2 turns

GM Notes

Found some time for an update. I have almost forgotten how fun writing Undead Hunt was when players weren't game-breaking meta killers. Sheets will be updated, when they'll be updated.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 02:25:20 pm by Dark One »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2018, 02:09:51 pm »

pat out the blaze on myself and Iolani, then take another shot at the impling before repositioning.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2018, 02:11:06 pm »

Ow.
Rest. I'll die if I get hit with another of those things, or with just about anything else.
Good thing I was knocked down behind the fortifications. :p
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2018, 02:26:53 pm »

Interesting concept. Could you elaborate on preferred trajectory?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2018, 02:33:18 pm »

Town fools Luck Y-Yes my lord, Arror said, Stuttering as he kneeled in front of the dread knight.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2018, 02:37:54 pm »

Set up a poll with an idea that I'm going to do some day. It'd extend beyond the RTDs in time, as I'm going to make a video game out of UH once I'll get to know the API I'm going to use better.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2018, 02:46:26 pm »

Am I too far away to help Reynald and Iolani with my crossbow?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2018, 02:47:57 pm »

You can headshot both of them with a lucky/unlucky roll.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2018, 02:58:33 pm »

Mate, I was hit by a corpse, presumably coming at me from outside the town, since I heartily doubt that the town was throwing corpses at the invaders. If I was thrown off the fortifications, it was back into the town.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2018, 03:00:24 pm »

Mate, I was hit by a corpse, presumably coming at me from outside the town, since I heartily doubt that the town was throwing corpses at the invaders. If I was thrown off the fortifications, it was back into the town.

There is only one way we can truly prove your theory. By catapulting another corpse that is!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2018, 03:00:42 pm »

There is only one way we can truly prove your theory. By catapulting another corpse that is!
That's not how that works.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12