Current schedule is fine...
- 2 (25%)
Obligatory Dark One's weird joke
- 2 (25%)
Actual weird joke!
- 1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Undead Hunt 2: And all may be lost  (Read 13817 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt 2: And all may be lost [8/8]
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2018, 09:01:35 pm »

Updated the sheets. Decided to extend the player limit and allowed every character sheet to play. Any further sheets will be placed in the waitlist. We'll start in a few days probably.
I was going to edit my sheet depending on the characteristics of the skills and unique things on the classes. :-\ They still aren't there and I understand nothing about encumberance, heavy, parry, might hack, or otherwise. Would love to build my character sheet knowing what she has rather than assuming what is present which can commonly be askew to what the GM intends; hope everything is ok for an edit in the OP for that!

I mean alongside that, hopefully there's also the possibility of despite being in combat, you can choose to use the environment or disengage all the while seeing enemies. Because that's the sole reason I'm picking Outside.

Iolani was hunting at the time of the sudden incursion; hopefully her skills in tactics and otherwise will help as she is outside during the assault.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 10:12:17 pm by Tiruin »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2018, 11:24:43 pm »

After a lot of arguments and negotiation with the priests from the Church of Nix and at least once screaming "I told you so" Arthur is living in the Church were he is when the portal open
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2018, 10:19:39 am »

I was going to edit my sheet depending on the characteristics of the skills and unique things on the classes. :-\ They still aren't there and I understand nothing about encumberance, heavy, parry, might hack, or otherwise. Would love to build my character sheet knowing what she has rather than assuming what is present which can commonly be askew to what the GM intends; hope everything is ok for an edit in the OP for that!

I mean alongside that, hopefully there's also the possibility of despite being in combat, you can choose to use the environment or disengage all the while seeing enemies. Because that's the sole reason I'm picking Outside.

Encumbrance - as mentioned, three items in your inventory with encumbring tag make you overencumbered, giving you penalty to all movement actions.

Heavy - gets a small speed penalty.

Parry - gets a parrying bonus.

Mighty Hack and almost all tags appearing at the end of weapon descriptions are special attacks akin to skills. Every class can perform them, they don't have any cooldowns, and they give only a minor advantage over normal attacks.

I've explained those things in the previous game.

You could always use the environment in the previous game and I don't see why it should be different here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2018, 10:39:08 am »

Encumbrance - as mentioned, three items in your inventory with encumbring tag make you overencumbered, giving you penalty to all movement actions.

Heavy - gets a small speed penalty.

Parry - gets a parrying bonus.

Mighty Hack and almost all tags appearing at the end of weapon descriptions are special attacks akin to skills. Every class can perform them, they don't have any cooldowns, and they give only a minor advantage over normal attacks.

I've explained those things in the previous game.

You could always use the environment in the previous game and I don't see why it should be different here.
Could all these details be placed in the OP in this game? Because I had searched through the last game as noted in my posts here, and I only found indirect or incomplete descriptions. :-\ Or the difference between parrying (or what it is, here), to the other attack-characteristics.
Not to mention that the benefits regarding these characteristics aren't...clarified either.
Quote from: I still have no idea what this means
Strengths:
 Increased Encumbrance
Thanks for all that though!

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2018, 12:18:25 pm »

Increased encumbrance is exactly what it says - it allows you to carry more encumbring items.

The best way to really find out how everything works in UH is to play and use all the different things.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2018, 12:49:28 pm »

I was inside A random building
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2018, 03:33:44 pm »

Turn 1

The dark age have begun! Armies of demons, undead monstrosities and dark spirits are preparing to attack Churchbury. The living have mere hours of moderate peace before the bloody harvest will start!

A strange blue skinned man in a dark blue cloak had been working for the Churchbury Church of Nix recently, going out and reporting back on the effects of the Blacksun Ooze, as it had been dubbed, in the hopes that a cause and a cure could be determined. His name was Jack Frost, known across the whole world as a quixotic wanderer, great explorer and seeker of arcane.  At the moment the Cloud arrived, he'd been just inside the city gates, on his way to the Church. After a rushed visit, he made his way to the fortifications above the gate, preparing to defend the city as best he could. On the contrary to foolish members of the city watch. They were peeking their heads out of the safe fortifications, and with excitement placed bets who would kill the highest amount of demons. Jack sensed something unusual in a jovial looking, barrel chested hunter with a beard. The man was wearing a chainmail and held a crossbow proudly. He wasn't the usual shmuck hastily put inside an armour and called a guard. The other watchmen spoke to him with respect. His name was Sandford as Jack overheard.

After making his way out of a remote observatory, a middle aged man in full plate stopped in a small hill just outside a great city. He was seeking the first wave of Underworld armies and found it - it was between him and the settlement. The man didn't even try to hide or run to the gates, none of the creatures dared to bother him. Sandford loaded his crossbow and peaked out, overtly eager for the incoming slaughter. He noticed the man and instantly alarmed other guards. Jack decided to take a look as well and noticed that the man shows striking resemblance to the legendary Inquisitor Reynald.

A young and curious man with white curly hair and pale skin, wearing a pair of glasses and an extravagantly looking robe had only arrived to the streets of the city recently after his long journey from the east. Unable to speak the language of these lands, he was searching for a library in which to find information regarding the legendary creatures known as demons. He could see that something big was about to happen, he couldn't understand any of the screams though. The pig-like, raspy accent of local people wasn't the most pleasant for him. The young man took a small glowing crystal with "Nmngubgu Sugnta" engraved on it out of his bag. It was glowing red, which according to remains of a manuscript he once read in an eastern library, indicated demonic presence nearby. A man covered in rags approached Nmngubgu and hugged him. "Eastern brother! I thought that I would never see any of you again!"

A tall and remarkably handsome man in dark robes entered the Churchbury's Church of Nix and took a seat on a bench. He knew about the coming of the end times and prepared himself. The man never was the one to head straight to a fight, he was reading notes which he wrote down after waking up from his recent dreams. Since early childhood, a strange man was haunting him while he was asleep - the notes contained his words. Only after he was done with reading had he realized that all the people around were watching him. They recognised the robes he was wearing and were afraid. The Dark Circle was a union of sorcerers whose motives remained unclear for those who couldn't harness energies, thus it was banned from most of the kingdoms. He decided to move to a side chapel and hide within a group of people. Another member of The Dark Circle entered the church. "Solomon Blackguard!" the man shouted from afar trying to spot him, The Dark Circle tried to seek him out due to disobedience. Solomon ignored his calls, trying to clear his mind and gather energy before the apocalypse. The man in his dreams warned him that demons are able to harness much more power than mere street magicians.

A young woman with light brown complexion and wavy black hair was hunting at the time of the sudden demonic incursion. She hid in the bushes with a deer she just tried to hunt down. It seemed that the animal was much more afraid of hellish invaders than the hunter. The woman hoped that her skills and tactics will help her in this dire situation. Suddenly the doe spoke: "So the hunter is now the hunted? Don't be afraid and listen carefully Iolani, as presence of dieties weakens with every second! My name is Waerghulf, I am the God of Hunt speaking through this animal. There is a holy man nearby, a knight in shining armour sent from High Heavens! Seek him out and together you shall hunt down the demons! Go now!" and ran out, distracting the monstrosities. Trusting her instincts, Iolani jumped out of the bushes and found the middle aged man in plate armour.

Masses of people decided to hide in Churchbury's Church of Nix when the apocalypse was incoming. An average looking man wearing a tattered suit, made his way to a platfrom in front of church's main altar, clutching a book in his hand. Priests tried to stop him and argued that it won't help now, but he did not listen. He finally went up a platform, gathered as much air in his lungs as he could, and screamed: "I told you so!" his voice was echoing throughout the whole church and everyone could hear it

[1] An ugly man wearing bright pink clothes with an eye burningly yellow vest and vomit green hood was sitting in a prison cell. Suddenly a bunch of guards appeared. One of them said: "Arror Blazzup! By the king's order, you are freed from prison and assigned to a city defense unit!" and opened the cell.

[5] "Here's your equipment, straight from royal treasury!" the guard gave him a set of crimson plate armour with a tower shield, a combat dagger adorned with jewels, an ominously looking sword with thorns on it's handle, an amulet with a huge ruby and a lantern. "To the fortifications! Off with you!"

GM Notes

You have 4 turns more before the apocalypse starts!

Arror receives:

Darkrider's Armor - +5 physical protection, +3 magic resistance, immunity to holy & dark
 This item gives following skills:
  Ride the lightning - toggled ability, turns into a dark lightning and allows to traverse great distances, can be turned off by holy charge
  Dark Storm - creates a powerful storm with dark lightnings shooting at chosen target, each dealing 60 dark, 80 electrical and 20 physical
  damage, 8 turns cooldown
  Dark Lightning - shoot a dark lightning at a chosen target, dealing 20 dark, 30 electrical and 10 physical damage, 2 turns cooldown
  Electric Aura - shocks all enemies with 40 electrical damage for 2 turns, 4 turns cooldown

Darkrider's Tower Shield - +5 physical protection, +2 magic resistance
 Thorns - repels half of received damage to attacker, passive.
 Defence of the Abyss - summons abyssal great shields forming an impenetrable barrier around caster for 4 turns, 8 turns cooldown.

Waerghulf's Dagger - 15 physical damage, 10 poison damage, 5 magic damage, cutthroat
  Scent of Blood - allows to detect enemies that can bleed, passive.

Darklurker Demonsword - 150 physical damage, 75 fire damage, 50 dark damage, 25 magic damage
  Leech - steals life from wounded enemy and gives it to the player, passive.
  Darklurker's Curse - increases curse by 1 with each killed enemy, passive.
  Blademaster - grants +50 damage bonus to all bladed weapons, passive.
  Demonbolt - hurls a bolt of moltind demonic flesh that deals 120 physical and 64 fire damage, 8 turns cooldown.
  Curseeater - removes curse from ally and gives it to player, takes 5 HP with every use, no cooldown.

Amulet of Titan - increases all resistances by 3

Lantern - lights up darkness, uses 5 oil per turn [50/50]

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2018, 04:13:59 pm »

TO THE FORTIFICATIONS!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2018, 04:23:18 pm »

Arror receives:

Darkrider's Armor - +5 physical protection, +3 magic resistance, immunity to holy & dark
  Ride the lightning - toggled ability, turns into a dark lightning and allows to traverse great distances, can be turned off by holy charge
  Dark Storm - creates a powerful storm with dark lightnings shooting at chosen target, each dealing 60 dark, 80 electrical and 20 physical
  damage, 8 turns cooldown
  Dark Lightning - shoot a dark lightning at a chosen target, dealing 20 dark, 30 electrical and 10 physical damage, 2 turns cooldown
  Electric Aura - shocks all enemies with 40 electrical damage for 2 turns, 4 turns cooldown

Darkrider's Tower Shield - +5 physical protection, +2 magic resistance
 Thorns - repels half of received damage to attacker, passive.
 Defence of the Abyss - summons abyssal great shields forming an impenetrable barrier around caster for 4 turns, 8 turns cooldown.

Waerghulf's Dagger - 15 physical damage, 10 poison damage, 5 magic damage, cutthroat
  Scent of Blood - allows to detect enemies that can bleed, passive.

Darklurker Demonsword - 150 physical damage, 75 fire damage, 50 dark damage, 25 magic damage
  Leech - steals life from wounded enemy and gives it to the player, passive.
  Darklurker's Curse - increases curse by 1 with each killed enemy, passive.
  Blademaster - grants +50 damage bonus to all bladed weapons, passive.
  Demonbolt - hurls a bolt of moltind demonic flesh that deals 120 physical and 64 fire damage, 8 turns cooldown.
  Curseeater - removes curse from ally and gives it to player, takes 5 HP with every use, no cooldown.

Amulet of Titan - increases all resistances by 3

Lantern - lights up darkness, uses 5 oil per turn [50/50]
BWAHAHAHA XD
Oh, good lord! Apparently, it's good to be a peasant!

Anyway, search the horizon for beasts and monsters; if I see any, alert the guards, and take aim.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2018, 04:35:00 pm »

Sandford greets Reynald from the walls.

"Well met, traveler! Sorry we can't give you a proper welcome, but it seems there's about to be a bit of demon trouble. I see you've got a sword. You here to help with the monsters, by any chance?"
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2018, 04:38:45 pm »

Reynald wouldn’t respond to the greeting, being too far off to hear it over the sounds of the army before him. The army he was going to weaken and delay.
Time to start softening up the enemy. Draw my short bow and start picking off targets as I can, with a preference toward undead.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2018, 06:33:03 pm »

"But The Lord will forgive you for your sins against him and his people, This is the Armagedon and as The Lord man we will be prepared, when those armies of Satan will come we will fight in the name of our Lord and we will hold in this house of prayer"
Recuit the people in the church to bercade and take arms
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2018, 08:07:57 pm »

With a confused look in his face, Nmngubgu tries to answer in his own language.

"...Hu, fbeel. V qba'g ernyyl haqrefgnaq. Jub ner lbh ntnva? Qb V xabj lbh sebz fbzrjurer?"
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 08:40:49 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2018, 01:03:36 am »

Sandford greets Reynald from the walls.

"Well met, traveler! Sorry we can't give you a proper welcome, but it seems there's about to be a bit of demon trouble. I see you've got a sword. You here to help with the monsters, by any chance?"
((We are apparently, extremely farther out :P))

Reynald would have been seeking out the first wave, and thus be outside the city walls as the portals opened and the armies of darkness spewed forth.
Iolani came upon who she assumed was the person Waerghulf, the God of the Hunt, mentioned. He was turned away from her, looking into the distance at the oncoming enemy. He lacked a helmet and full protection, but she could see the shine in both his hair and plated armor.

Knowing that a conversation would assumedly interrupt his concentration, she drew her shortbow and followed him in stride. At least she could see the surroundings more from her current position.

Activate Tactics, and somehow "Crushing Strike"...with my bow. Aim for enemies I am sure to neutralize.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2018, 11:05:34 am »

Sandford finishes shouting into the distance.

"Well, looks like they aren't interested in talking. Now then, let's see how you lot were planning to shoot..."

Advise the militia troops around me on shooting techniques.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12