The Corrupted Sea shore + goblin neighboors [D,6]~ [G,10]
- 0 (0%)
The Corrupted Sea shore + Necro Tower [G,3] ~ [H,4]
- 2 (33.3%)
The Corrupted Sea shore + mirthful inland [E,7]
- 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 10, 2018, 01:08:00 am

Author Topic: The Corrupted Sea: a Young Dwarf's Journey  (Read 1297 times)

lovesword

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
The Corrupted Sea: a Young Dwarf's Journey
« on: August 03, 2018, 01:08:00 am »

My grandfather used to tell me stories when I was younger.  They were about a world where life was just.  A world governed by the rules of the land.  A world where an apocalypse was the least of our worries.  Then, a human civilization- with their worship of Bestra (gambling) and Ibon (death)- brought terrors on to this land as a consequence of their uncontrolled experimentation with the soul. Their private islands which served as a base for their depraved research erupted in volcanic flames as Zefron split the earth and rained fire up on them as punishment for tempting fate. However, the damage was already done.  The tormented souls of their experiments seeped out in to the sea and sank deep where Zefron could not reach them.  Unable to dive, our ancestors could not do much but watch as their waters were tainted with blood and flesh of the sea.  And thus, The Corrupted Sea was born.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In a fit of rage, the Elves did not hold back. They, with their unforgiving warriors, wiped out the human civilization who damned the land of the living.  The dwarven civilizations, facing the complexity of the situation, dug deep in to the earth where they once came from and drank away their years as the other races engaged in an all out war.

The elves, having been receptive in the Old World, quickly adapted to the changing nature and found new ways to survive.  The humans have used the remains of the failed research and their affinity for innovation to hold their place in the New World.  The Goblins, with their.. questionable intelligence and lack of innate qualities have struggled to keep up in the harsher world. 

And here we are- dwarves.  As still as the mountains in a stormy weather.  As bright as the metals we forge with our steady hands.  As passionate as the magma that rush beneath our feet.  Hiding away from the rest of the world like we are afraid of some change?  We have always had a place on this soil, and we were never afraid to show the world our possibilities.  A new chapter of dwarven history begins here, today. 
Lekalath (Bristlebolts)! It's time-- to Strike the Earth!

This version of the map has coordinates used in the poll.
General info:
1. My plan for the play through is a simple life selector-like game via popularity vote.  I'll post subsequent "polls" along with updates as I run in to what I think would be good "decision forks."  I'll try my best to count correctly.  I would like to point out that I have not settled in any abnormal biomes before.
2. I think it would be helpful if all votes for subsequent "polls" were written in limegreen.  The {} can be replaced with [] in the following to get the colored text:
{color=limegreen}   Your vote/suggestion goes here   {/color}
3. Goals: to not die too fast & to have fun.
4. Dwarf naming-  I'm not sure, but I think they will be based on who participates in the written polls.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Corrupted Sea: a Young Dwarf's Journey
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 02:05:53 am »

Wait the entire ocean is an evil biome oh my this will be fun I will be watching this. I am going to be voting for mirthful isles in the voting box above as undead unicorns sounds awesome also a necromancers tower spawn is kinda redundant after all the undead will be spawning regardless if there is not a necromancer nearby I guess that you could make the argument that it would be fun from a story prospective to find the secrets to life and death but I ultimately want a tale of dwarven rebirth.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 10:03:08 am by Basil ii »

lovesword

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 02:51:27 pm »

Yes,I'm hoping it will be an interesting run.  I tried to be a bit dark with the narrative because of the setting and all, but I want to have fun at the same time as well and not be so grim about the whole thing.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Corrupted Sea: a Young Dwarf's Journe
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 03:34:55 pm »

Yes,I'm hoping it will be an interesting run.  I tried to be a bit dark with the narrative because of the setting and all, but I want to have fun at the same time as well and not be so grim about the whole thing.
best of luck for you to you as you will need it undead whales are not to be messed with also
mega beasts such as dragons can probably attack you if you are not on a island and good god image getting undead mega beast on top the whales I do not envy your position right now but at the very least it will be entertaining to watch this fortress trials and triumphs.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 03:55:19 pm by Basil ii »

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 02:52:54 pm »

So it has been a while did something go wrong with the game or what happened
I apologize if I offend I am just curious.

lovesword

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2018, 05:34:32 pm »

No offence taken.  I spawned in with 1 undead crab at the edge of the map and it was rather easy to haul everything underground and hole up.  After that, I just got really busy, and I couldn't find enough dedication to play it out fully.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2018, 09:27:01 am »

Ah regardless thanks for the answer.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 09:35:57 am by Basil ii »