Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Playing as existing historical characters.  (Read 15974 times)

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: Playing as existing historical characters.
« Reply #135 on: September 11, 2018, 05:49:35 am »

Enthusiastically trying to shut you up and stop your hypocrisies.

Do you not have a room to clean, or homework to do, or something better to do with your life than harass people on the internet and tell outright lies?
Really?

Can we pretend those two posts never happened before Toady bans one or both of us? I just disagree with the whole suggestion.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 11, 2018, 05:54:17 am »

Really?

Can we pretend those two posts never happened before Toady bans one or both of us? I just disagree with the whole suggestion.

You got the message then, good.  What does the suggestion have to do with some previous banned post over in the general discussion forum?  Nothing, which makes your going on about thread derailment the height of hypocrisy. 

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 11, 2018, 05:56:11 am »

I was calling you out on your blatant ad hominem with that post. Looks like you didn't get the message then.

This time, I just disagree with the whole concept of being restricted in choosing who to play. I would just DFHack infinite points for myself if this ever gets implemented.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 13, 2018, 06:00:46 am »

I was calling you out on your blatant ad hominem with that post. Looks like you didn't get the message then.

This time, I just disagree with the whole concept of being restricted in choosing who to play. I would just DFHack infinite points for myself if this ever gets implemented.

I was calling you out also. 

As already discussed, it is quite easy for both of us to get what we want.  Toady One already has to add a world generation setting in order to determine the points value of generated positions as opposed to raw-defined ones.  It would not be so hard to add a single value on 'top of that' that controls the presence or absence of point-based character restrictions in general.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 13, 2018, 06:05:04 am »

I was calling you out also. 

As already discussed, it is quite easy for both of us to get what we want.  Toady One already has to add a world generation setting in order to determine the points value of generated positions as opposed to raw-defined ones.  It would not be so hard to add a single value on 'top of that' that controls the presence or absence of point-based character restrictions in general.
We were pretty much arguing what it would default to. It would be annoying for me (and many others) to change the init setting to "NO" every new version.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 06:19:51 am by KittyTac »

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 13, 2018, 06:32:12 am »

We were pretty much arguing what it would default to. It would be annoying for me (and many others) to change the init setting to "NO" every new version.

There is no ini setting.  We are using a world gen setting, that does not change every new version. 

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 13, 2018, 06:37:51 am »

There is no ini setting.  We are using a world gen setting, that does not change every new version.
Why don't you want an ini setting? Extra redundancy helps. And it would also target basic worlds.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 13, 2018, 06:52:07 am »

Why don't you want an ini setting? Extra redundancy helps. And it would also target basic worlds.

Because it has to be set by default to one or the other.  That means somebody wins and somebody loses. 

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 13, 2018, 07:04:32 am »

Because it has to be set by default to one or the other.  That means somebody wins and somebody loses.
A worldgen setting would also need a default.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 13, 2018, 07:12:30 pm »

The game shouldn’t be balanced around one of you “winning” an argument over it.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #145 on: September 13, 2018, 09:46:52 pm »

Yeah, this is ridiculous.  You two, please never bicker in a thread again.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]