Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: An interesting entity error in Legend Viewer  (Read 1185 times)

Xeldrakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
An interesting entity error in Legend Viewer
« on: August 03, 2018, 05:48:51 pm »

Hola there folks. I am hoping some of you might be able to help me with an oddity I've come across. I have been working on a personal mod pack for quite some time now, one that combines assets from ZM's Dragon's Dogma monsters, Knight Otu's gothic fantasy mod, and Stal's old armory. To date everything has worked just fine. Items are reconciled, skeletons are holding their shapes, and multi-caste creatures/entities are producing fully functional and deadly denizens to go forth and scourge the world like terrible desert dwelling Hudorfins hell bent on world domination.

Well... except for this most recent reconstruction of the race. They play fine, generate civilizations just fine, but when their civilizations are listed in Legend Viewer the citizens.. the drakota (name shamelessly ripped from EQ2) are listed not as proper citizens. They're listed under "other" with the freaking cows and horses they eat. The drakota show up in the pie graph, 963 of them in my small test world, but the one remaining civilization of theirs (The Typhoon of Scribes) lists 0 drakota citizens and 94 other citizens. 67 elves and 27 dwarves to be exact. There are 59 drakota listed under the Outcasts section, and 520 drakota are listed under Other Populations.

What makes this even more bizarre to me is that the drakota of this civilization are all still taking up the civ entity positions. High Imperators, Lord Marshals, Warlords, Emissaries, Seneschals, and the ever humble Outpost Liasons are all occupied by drakota figures of a variety of castes. Their gods are shaped like them, they have many historic figures defending their civilization from a Chameleon Demon in charge of the local grots, and all of the creation of all of their sites is accredited to historic drakota as well.

They function perfectly, except for this one issue. In contrast, I have a pair of non multi-caste modded races also running their own civilizations. They are not having this issue.

Has anyone encountered this before? Does anyone know how to fix it? Should I even care to given that everything seems to be working just fine mechanically? I could use a spot of friendly advice.  :)

Xeldrakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: An interesting entity error in Legend Viewer
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 10:47:13 pm »

No dice on a fix so far, but I have noticed that the genealogies of all of my historic figures are showing pink, regardless of if they were of the male or female castes. The creatures do not have the gelable feature on the men. Is this perhaps the issue?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 06:05:20 am »

First thing that comes to mind, do the castes have the MALE and FEMALE tags?
Second thing, banditry tag, maybe the "outcasts" are bandits off the site?

[CASTE:FEMALE_GOBLINE]
      [CASTE_TILE:'g']
      [DESCRIPTION:Goblines are learned cruel creatures who live in dark towers and worship knowledge demons.]
      [POP_RATIO:150]
      [FEMALE]
      [CASTE_NAME:gobline'ess:goblines:gobline]
   [CASTE:MALE_GOBLINE]
      [CASTE_TILE:'g']
      [DESCRIPTION:Goblines are learned cruel creatures who live in dark towers and worship knowledge demons.]
      [POP_RATIO:180]
      [MALE]
      [CASTE_NAME:gobline:goblines:gobline]
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Xeldrakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 06:51:08 pm »

Super late reply here, but yes, yes they do. I may have placed the tags in the wrong places or order. The characters in game get married and have kids and play the situation out normally, but Legends Viewer shows em all as ladies.

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 03:52:25 am »

I've encountered the entity members listed under other populations in Legends Viewer thing before with one of my races, which I think was caused by me having the entity's race available in animal roles. I don't know if it's just a quirk with Legends Viewer itself or whether it uses the same logic that Dwarf Fortress does for calculating that stuff.