Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Search for the Gizmo of Ultimate Goodness  (Read 15956 times)

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Search for the Gizmo of Ultimate Goodness
« on: August 05, 2018, 11:55:01 pm »

Search for the Gizmo of Ultimate Goodness:
an adventure in Science Fantasy

Spoiler: Opening Crawl (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rules and Mechanics (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character Creation (click to show/hide)

Player List
--Legendary Marksdorf
--randomgenericusername
--Rauthedir
--The_Two_Eternities

Waitlist
--0cra_tr0per
--Rockeater
--crazyabe
--FallacyofUrist
--Ozarck
--Failbird105
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 07:37:11 pm by Pavellius »

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Search for the Gizmo of Ultimate Goodness
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 05:42:44 am »

Ok, so do I just post here and wait for you to PM me aspects, or do I have to make a character sheet now ?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 08:03:29 am »

I'm interested. PM me the aspects please.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 08:18:53 am »

Ding me. Ding me real good. AKA, In

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 09:11:09 am »

Ok, so do I just post here and wait for you to PM me aspects, or do I have to make a character sheet now ?
You wait for me to PM.

Aspects incoming!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 09:24:14 am »

Eh, it's back! :)
Count me in!
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2018, 09:56:24 am »

In. It's good to see a new RTD.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2018, 04:50:11 pm »

WIP. Please give me the second aspect for my spells and the enrichment.

Consumable Tentacle Paralysis

Name:Exul Bracchium
Appearance: A large sentient octopus.
Description: Age, race, occupation, etc.
Backstory: How and why you joined the party on their quest to retrieve the Gizmo of Ultimate Goodness.
Skills:
-Magic: 5
-Evade: 1
-Stealth: 1
-Athletics: 1
-Will: 1
-Underwater Basket-Weaving: 1
Spells:
-Paralysis, ?
-Tentacle, ?
Equipment:
-A Lack of Self Preservation (Enriched: Tentacle, ?) (I assume this enriches his own body.)
-Dagger
-Blaster Pistol
-Dagger
-Bandages
-Electric Headlamp
-Steel-Toed Boots
-Cape with Custom Design (Navy blue with a wave pattern.)
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 05:16:41 pm »

I want in, and DM me aspects early ahead of time so I'll have them ready when I can get in the game.

Also, if you want a gear suggestion for if you run out of ideas, may I present to you the GR2!

Spoiler: Info (click to show/hide)

Question: Do scoped weapons allow for easier aiming at a distance, as in it being easier to aim at further distances?
it's over

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2018, 05:31:10 pm »

Sacred Fire Educated
I can work with this. :D

Name: Saraket the Ever-Burning
Appearance: Normally, a dark-skinned human, with golden eyes and bright red hair, looking to be in his mid-twenties. Sometimes... see the ability description later.
Description: Age: Probably in his 100s by this point. Race: Demigod. Occupation: Being the fire god's right hand man, trying to get enough worship to ascend to true divinity. Hobbies: Creating fireproof books and writing materials, building engines and other such stuff, staying on top of recent scientific innovations, and running a laboratory.
Backstory Justification for Participation: Gizmo of Ultimate Goodness + Demigod = Ascendency. Of course Saraket will want it. His hopes: he'll be able to leverage his education, involvement with science, and the association between fire and early technological advancement to become the god of technology.

Skills:
Magic 5
Will 3
Evade 2
Always fails at Stealth while in divine form [spec. ability downside]

Spells:
Fire
Sacred

Equipment:
*Electric Headlamp
*Steel-Toed Boots
*Leather Armor (light armor, DR 1)
Shortsword
*Semi-Auto Rifle (enhance with Fire)
*Bandages Divine Healing Powers

Special Ability: He can shift into the form of a winged humanoid figure, made entirely out of fire (mostly normal red-yellow fire, but the hands and feet are white and there's a pair of blue spots where the eyes would be, and of course, it's always flickering, like regular fire does). While in this form, he floats midair, and is still solid enough to grab things. His magic abilities are supercharged, and he can only be damaged with magical attacks or water. However, while in this form, the sheer force of divine presence (and also the fact that he's probably the brightest thing in the room and probably all the others) make it so that it's impossible to do anything with any sort of stealth.

EDIT: Why yes, I am a god wielding a semi-automatic rifle that is a giant burning "FUCK YOU" to everything around us. I'm going to enjoy this. :))
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 08:45:43 pm by Glass »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2018, 06:30:57 pm »

Shouldn't your character have "flesh-and-blood, be able to die from wounds" like it says on Character Creation?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2018, 07:21:36 pm »

Shouldn't your character have "flesh-and-blood, be able to die from wounds" like it says on Character Creation?
...crap I forgot that part.
._.

A moment if you would! Time to retrofit this guy into a priest/prophet/etc.!

EDIT: No, he'll be a demigod! There we go!

EDIT2: There we go! Demigod version created.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 07:51:27 pm by Glass »

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2018, 10:29:32 pm »

WIP. Please give me the second aspect for my spells and the enrichment.

Consumable Tentacle Paralysis

Name:Exul Bracchium
Appearance: A large sentient octopus.
Description: Age, race, occupation, etc.
Backstory: How and why you joined the party on their quest to retrieve the Gizmo of Ultimate Goodness.
Skills:
-Magic: 5
-Evade: 1
-Stealth: 1
-Athletics: 1
-Will: 1
-Underwater Basket-Weaving: 1
Spells:
-Paralysis, ?
-Tentacle, ?
Equipment:
-A Lack of Self Preservation (Enriched: Tentacle, ?) (I assume this enriches his own body.)
-Dagger
-Blaster Pistol
-Dagger
-Bandages
-Electric Headlamp
-Steel-Toed Boots
-Cape with Custom Design (Navy blue with a wave pattern.)

Here are your second aspects: SPELL (Paralysis & Fantasy) SPELL (Tentacle & Splitting) ENRICHMENT (Tentacle & Air)
You don't have to make these yourself, though. I've got my own thoughts on what they could be. However, feel free to give your own interpretation.

Also, find a way to work "Consumable" into your character.

One more thing... how is your octopus shaped? Is it like like "octodad" style, where we'll just have it work like a normal humanoid, or are you going to be crawling along the ground in your full cephalopod glory? In the latter case, I think you should take an ability that restricts what you wear (no shoes, pants, shirt or gloves) but gives you some kind of upside (like being able to wield 8 things at once - with standard dual attack rules, of course). I dunno. Also, if your octopus isn't man-shaped, how big is it?

I want in, and DM me aspects early ahead of time so I'll have them ready when I can get in the game.

Also, if you want a gear suggestion for if you run out of ideas, may I present to you the GR2!

Spoiler: Info (click to show/hide)

Question: Do scoped weapons allow for easier aiming at a distance, as in it being easier to aim at further distances?[/size]
Yeah. I'll DM them to you.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll totally have the players come across this thing.

Scopes won't really matter at all, as far I imagine. Everything is so close quarters that using one would be impossible, and I don't feel like giving bonuses to items unless they're enriched. They'll just be a flavor thing.

Sacred Fire Educated
I can work with this. :D

Name: Saraket the Ever-Burning
Appearance: Normally, a dark-skinned human, with golden eyes and bright red hair, looking to be in his mid-twenties. Sometimes... see the ability description later.
Description: Age: Probably in his 100s by this point. Race: Demigod. Occupation: Being the fire god's right hand man, trying to get enough worship to ascend to true divinity. Hobbies: Creating fireproof books and writing materials, building engines and other such stuff, staying on top of recent scientific innovations, and running a laboratory.
Backstory Justification for Participation: Gizmo of Ultimate Goodness + Demigod = Ascendency. Of course Saraket will want it. His hopes: he'll be able to leverage his education, involvement with science, and the association between fire and early technological advancement to become the god of technology.

Skills:
Magic 5
Will 3
Evade 2
Always fails at Stealth while in divine form [spec. ability downside]

Spells:
Fire
Sacred

Equipment:
*Electric Headlamp
*Steel-Toed Boots
*Leather Armor (light armor, DR 1)
Shortsword
*Semi-Auto Rifle (enhance with Fire)
*Bandages Divine Healing Powers

Special Ability: He can shift into the form of a winged humanoid figure, made entirely out of fire (mostly normal red-yellow fire, but the hands and feet are white and there's a pair of blue spots where the eyes would be, and of course, it's always flickering, like regular fire does). While in this form, he floats midair, and is still solid enough to grab things. His magic abilities are supercharged, and he can only be damaged with magical attacks or water. However, while in this form, the sheer force of divine presence (and also the fact that he's probably the brightest thing in the room and probably all the others) make it so that it's impossible to do anything with any sort of stealth.

EDIT: Why yes, I am a god wielding a semi-automatic rifle that is a giant burning "FUCK YOU" to everything around us. I'm going to enjoy this. :))[/size]
Looking good. I just want to point out a little something: Your ability's downside shouldn't be something that only comes into play when it's activated, or else you're flatly better than your character would be without the ability. other than that, it looks fine - you can keep your ability vague if you want me to fill things in mechanically.

Oh, and one more thing: Your divine healing powers are mechanically identical to bandages, so they'll work off of the medicine skill. Just a heads up.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2018, 10:37:05 pm »

Will join the waitlist
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 11:45:27 pm by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2018, 10:38:41 pm »

I understand that the healing is equivalent to bandages. :p

Maybe even in non-divine mode, Saraket gets a -1 to stealth due to the feeling of the divine permeating the space he's in.

What are the second aspects for my spells and enhancement?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11