Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Search for the Gizmo of Ultimate Goodness  (Read 15775 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Search for the Gizmo of Ultimate Goodness
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2018, 01:13:43 pm »

Nice, I like my spells. Can I attack during Fractal Tentacles?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2018, 01:34:37 pm »

Nice, I like my spells. Can I attack during Fractal Tentacles?
Not normally, no. You can't wield anything or use your tentacles until you end the spell.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2018, 04:42:30 pm »

i'm still waiting for another set of replacements that i can actually try my hardest to make a character from
it's over

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2018, 06:46:50 pm »

Nice. I compiled the completed sheets below. I uhh... made your spell before reading your backstory, so it doesn't exactly fit. If you don't like it, I'll change it. If you think it's cool, then we'll keep it.

I'm fine with keeping it :)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2018, 09:12:03 pm »

Could we change my worship spell to one that puts an enemy under my control, rather than making those that haven't seen any of us attack anything not attack us so long as we don't attack? I just feel it'll be more useful.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2018, 10:23:25 pm »

i'm still waiting for another set of replacements that i can actually try my hardest to make a character from
Oops. I'll send them.

Could we change my worship spell to one that puts an enemy under my control, rather than making those that haven't seen any of us attack anything not attack us so long as we don't attack? I just feel it'll be more useful.
Alright, how about this...
The Old Ways (Sacred & Worry): Where the innovations of today fail us, the methods of the old gods may still prove useful. You can only cast this spell the turn after you have killed a creature. Target (living) creature must make a Will roll vs your Magic roll. If they fail, they become your unwavering ally for the rest of the level, or until you die. You may only have one such ally at a time.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2018, 10:27:47 pm »

Alright, how about this...
The Old Ways (Sacred & Worry): Where the innovations of today fail us, the methods of the old gods may still prove useful. You can only cast this spell the turn after you have killed a creature. Target (living) creature must make a Will roll vs your Magic roll. If they fail, they become your unwavering ally for the rest of the level, or until you die. You may only have one such ally at a time.
I'm good with that. Thanks! :)

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2018, 12:32:07 am »

Game Start!

On your marks, get ready, GO!

After trudging through countless deserts, innumerable mountains and endless wilderness, you come across the Dungeon of the Gizmo of Ultimate Goodness. It's hard to say whether the journey has even come close to preparing you for this. After a moments hesitation, you lift the unmarked trapdoor and walk down the staircase below, your headlamps illuminating the iron walls around you...

You eventually reach the bottom, and find only a single iron door labelled "Quantum Arsenal". Tentatively, you push it open. Inside is the most exotic cache of weapons you have ever seen and not seen: Quantum laser rifles appear and then cease to be when your eyes flit away; glossy swords of all sizes and proportions can and cannot be found strewn across the shelves. In one corner, even a full set of armor - partially nonexistent - sits on a rack, facing the room. You feel a little disappointed when you realize that none of this exists enough to be lootable, but your thoughts are interrupted when you notice the centerpiece of the room. Two quantum cannons are pushed up against the west wall, their lavender sheen drawing the eye down the entirety of their sculpted surface. In the light of your headlamps, they almost seem to glow. Wrenching your eyes from them for a moment, you notice a plain iron door on the south wall, unlocked.

No Turn: Free Movement

Spoiler: Current Room (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dungeon Map (click to show/hide)

The Sheets
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 12:38:05 am by Pavellius »

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2018, 05:52:25 am »

Move closer to the cannons and examine them.

"Fascinating... I've never seen anything like this in Atlantis."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2018, 07:39:33 am »

See if I can use my scientific background to determine anything about the cannons. Always stay to their side, never go in front of them.
Are they trapped?

Interesting.

EDIT: And now I notice that 3 of us have Magic 5 and the fourth has Magic 4.
Hoo boy.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 09:56:37 am by Glass »

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2018, 12:08:17 pm »

Sculpted? Examine the imagery, see what it contains. Stay out of their line of fire, though.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2018, 06:30:39 pm »

"I don't know a lot about Quantum weapons, but those cannons scream trap to me."

Move 5 spaces to the left and investigate the walls and cannons. Don't touch anything and don't get in front of the cannons.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2018, 08:46:16 pm »

EDIT: And now I notice that 3 of us have Magic 5 and the fourth has Magic 4.
Hoo boy.

I was wondering if anyone else saw that too. Because of that and the spells, people's physical skills are really low. This should be an interesting game, indeed.

P.S. Update tonight, I think.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2018, 12:23:42 am »

No Turn: Free Movement

Move closer to the cannons and examine them.

"Fascinating... I've never seen anything like this in Atlantis."
There isn't any engraving on them, but it's clear that a lot of work was put into their design. The reflective metal that each barrel consists of - as well as its imposing shape - makes it hard to not notice.

See if I can use my scientific background to determine anything about the cannons. Always stay to their side, never go in front of them.
Are they trapped?

Interesting.
You try to find a mechanism on the cannon that would clue you in on it's current state, but find nothing at all. In fact, it looks to be smooth all over, with no opening to put in more cannon balls, or a fuse to light it. As for your scientific knowledge, it hasn't much delved into quantum weaponry. However, like with all quantum things, they must be observed for them to exist.

Sculpted? Examine the imagery, see what it contains. Stay out of their line of fire, though.
There is no imagery engraved into the side of it. The shape of the barrel itself, however, seems to be so deliberate that it feels like a work of art.

"I don't know a lot about Quantum weapons, but those cannons scream trap to me."

Move 5 spaces to the left and investigate the walls and cannons. Don't touch anything and don't get in front of the cannons.
The walls are made of iron, and show a little rusting. Turning your attention to the cannons, it appears that your friends have them pretty surrounding, preventing you from getting a closer look.

Spoiler: Current Room (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dungeon Map (click to show/hide)

The Sheets

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2018, 06:38:40 am »

Hmn...
Everyone, look away from the cannons.

Once we're all looking away from the cannons, move along to the exit, being careful not to look at the cannons.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11