Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23

Author Topic: Space Based Role-playing Game: The crew is back together; Room for more players  (Read 15825 times)

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have an ongoing dnd-esque game going on IRL, but I would like to see if there are any Bay12er who would like to play a game in this universe that I made with my own stats and roll system. Having not done something like this in a forum setting I would be interested in how this would go.

The Game has begun: Intro Part 1, waitlisters welcome.

Intro Part 2
At the Outpost
At the Outpost with a ship

Edit: Made a discord for this game
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 09:33:52 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dnd-esque interest check
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 10:36:45 pm »

Rules and settings:

Will update this gradually.

This is a space based game. The players will be part of a crew on a ship, yet to be determined on type o size of ship, either exploring the galaxy, fighting an enemy in a war, or just patrolling a sector in space. You, the players can choose.
Stat checks are rolled on a d12 with 1 being a critical success and a 12 being a critical fail, checks are generally 2 stats added up, the number  or less is a pass, above is a fail.
Character interaction is allowed and encouraged.

Character sheet:
Code: (char:) [Select]
Name:
Species Type/Species Name:
Empire Type/Empire Name:
Connection Type:
Overlord(For non-independent):
Stats: roll a d6 for each
 Wealth: What you have or can have(each number represent 100SC eg 2= 200SC)
 Violance: How much you can break stuff
 Mending: How well you mend stuff or people
 Lawfulness: How good you are
 Chaoticness: How much you cause or are driven by chaos
 Luck: How lucky you are
 Connections: Who you know
 Awareness: How observant are you of your surroundings
Species Special(If any):
Empire Special(If any):
Background(optional):

Spoiler: Empire Types: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Connection Types: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Possible Empires: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Species Specials: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 11:05:28 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dnd-esque interest check
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 10:37:31 pm »

Active Player Characters:
Spoiler: KittyTac (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: sprinkled chariot (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dustan Hache (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Iridium64 (click to show/hide)

Waitlist:

Dead characters:

You all may post now.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 12:42:21 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Space Based Dnd-esque interest check
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 12:00:20 am »

can we choose to forgo the base species set in favor of offering one of our own (with approval) for evaluation?  I particularly want to play as a race of intelligent quadrupeds, or maybe even have an amorphous abomination on crew.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 12:12:42 am »

can we choose to forgo the base species set in favor of offering one of our own (with approval) for evaluation?  I particularly want to play as a race of intelligent quadrupeds, or maybe even have an amorphous abomination on crew.
Sure, I removed abomination because I don't want anyone to play as that species, do to it being literally impossible. Well maybe not impossible just not very fun for the player.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 12:15:18 am by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
None for now

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 12:24:18 am »

If I can't use my favorite sheet, I'll use someone from that species. You get a cookie if you get the reference.

Code: [Select]
Name: Yt'Uixaef
Species Type/Species Name: Humanoid/Ti'Lin
Empire Type/Empire Name: Empire/Independent (Named Ti'Yuhan Tribe)
Connection Type: Independent
Overlord(For non-independent): N/A (Technically subservient to their chief, but can disobey)
 Wealth: 3
 Violance: 2
 Mending: 2
 Lawfulness: 2
 Chaoticness: 5
 Luck: 3
 Connections: 5
 Awareness: 2
Species Special(If any): Humanoid
Empire Special(If any): Mandatory Friendship (This empire wants to integrate as many other species as possible no matter the cost).
Background(optional): Yt'Uixaef is a Ti'Yuhan officer sent to, possibly, find new civilizations that lurk in deep space. He usually respects the will of the other crewmembers, but will interfere if they do something that his empire considers morally reprehensible.
This good?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 12:42:58 am by KittyTac »
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 12:37:17 am »

If I can't use my favorite sheet, I'll use someone from that species. You get a cookie if you get the reference.

Code: [Select]
Name: Yt'Uixaef
Species Type/Species Name: Humanoid/Ti'Lin
Empire Type/Empire Name: Empire/Independent (Named Ti'Yuhan Tribe)
Connection Type: Independent
Overlord(For non-independent): N/A (Technically subservient to their chief, but can disobey)
 Wealth: 3
 Violance: 2
 Mending: 2
 Lawfulness: 2
 Chaoticness: 5
 Luck: 3
 Connections: 5
 Awareness: 2
Species Special(If any): Humanoid
Empire Special(If any): ((There is no list of empire specials, do I make my own?))
Background(optional): Yt'Uixaef is a Ti'Yuhan officer sent to, possibly, find new civilizations that lurk in deep space. He usually respects the will of the other crewmembers, but will interfere if they do something that his empire considers morally reprehensible.
This good?

Looks alright, make an Empire Special if you want it's mostly for fluff with some possible in-game bonuses.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2018, 04:20:23 am »

Name : Alpha-Theta 435
Species  : Robotoid : boarding torpedo onboard ship AI and lower grade onboard murder bots collective consciousness
Empire : Ozymandian Empire( probably does not exist now )
Connection type : independent
Overlord : Mainframe 3479, though connection was lost 347 years ago.
Wealth : 3
Violence : 6
Mending : 5
Lawfulness : 2
Chaoticness : 3
Luck : 5
Connections : 4
Awareness : 4

Species special : robotoid
Background : one of many exterminator torpedoes designed by ancient human empire to solve pirate problems and to battle hive ships of all devouring insectoid hivemind. This one lost connection after
successful disabling of pirate cruiser.

This ok ?

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2018, 09:05:34 am »

Name : Alpha-Theta 435
Species  : Robotoid : boarding torpedo onboard ship AI and lower grade onboard murder bots collective consciousness
Empire : Ozymandian Empire( probably does not exist now )
Connection type : independent
Overlord : Mainframe 3479, though connection was lost 347 years ago.
Wealth : 3
Violence : 6
Mending : 5
Lawfulness : 2
Chaoticness : 3
Luck : 5
Connections : 4
Awareness : 4

Species special : robotoid
Background : one of many exterminator torpedoes designed by ancient human empire to solve pirate problems and to battle hive ships of all devouring insectoid hivemind. This one lost connection after
successful disabling of pirate cruiser.

This ok ?
Looks great. Question, what is you size and are you movable independently.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2018, 09:40:51 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2018, 09:52:00 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I love it. So you are from a 'pirate' empire or does it just have lots of pirates?

Also since we have 3 people, we can start soon(probably later on in about 5-6 hours I'll post a starting post). Feel free to talk among yourselves and decide on starting mission type and who you are working for.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 09:57:39 am by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
None for now

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2018, 10:07:01 am »

Hello. I have been selected by The Chief to search for intelligent life in the darkness of space. Should we start exploring right away or do you have other things in mind? I propose that we would pick this ship.

The wolf-man points to the Stellar Dove, a small-sized, fast, lightly-armed freighter.

...how much money do we have?

((Also, all Ti'Yuhan were psionic in the game where they come from (SpaceStory), your choice if that's a thing here.))
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 10:09:04 am by KittyTac »

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2018, 10:19:41 am »

...how much money do we have?
Each point of wealth is about 100 space credits(sc). may change wealth to actual sc once I post the 1st main post.

((Also, all Ti'Yuhan were psionic in the game where they come from (SpaceStory), your choice if that's a thing here.))
By psionic do you mean for communication or the magic type?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 10:23:35 am by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
None for now

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2018, 10:38:31 am »

By psionic do you mean for communication or the magic type?
In SpaceStory, both. Here it can be one or the other. Like I said, your decision.

...so, we have about 800 SC. That should be enough to buy the Stellar Dove. Any other suggestions?

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2018, 10:59:00 am »

It will be for communication only, there will be no magic.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23