The Traitor's Assassination
- 2 (40%)
The Restaurant Manager's Assassination
- 0 (0%)
The Rival's Assassination
- 1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28

Author Topic: (SG) Assassination - Target #3: Lumbago Joe  (Read 42722 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Assassination - Intermission
« Reply #390 on: April 17, 2020, 03:28:41 pm »

If they're not dead, that's what the extra guns are for.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
(SG) Assassination - Intermission
« Reply #391 on: May 26, 2020, 05:36:53 pm »

As far as weapons, keep:

- the first ACP pistol
- the GP100 revolver
- the Serbu Super short shotgun
- the rifle
- the SMG
- the molotovs
- the combat knife and switchblade
- the collapsible baton
- the fibre wire

and sell/dump the other weapons. Then buy ammo for the remaining guns.

Try to pawn:

- the diamond necklace
- the radios
- 1 lighter

Get rid of:

- the damaged Kevlar vest, BUY A NEW ONE

Buy:

- first aid kit
- brass knuckles
- smoke bombs

sounds good to me, +1
+1 I think we should prioritize selling the guns instead of dumping them also clean off the vest then try to sell it before just throwing it away.

Weapons being sold:
  • Mx4 Storm Carbine
  • Bulldog Revolver
  • M590 Shotgun
  • Lead Pipe
  • Improvised Machete

Items being sold:
  • Kevlar Vest (Badly Damaged)
  • 1 Lighter
  • Various Radios
  • Diamond Necklace

Ammunition, Weapons or Items being bought:
  • .45 ACP
  • .357 Mag
  • Shotgun Shells
  • 9x19mm
  • 5.56x45
  • First aid kits (Containing Hemostatic Injectors and Gauze Dressings, which will be added to your inventory)
  • Pair of Brass Knuckles
  • Smoke Bombs x3
  • New Kevlar Vest

All those sold items sure earned you a hefty amount of money. After buying everything you need and reloading your weapons, you're left with $380.58. After some time, your new equipment arrives in the mail. While waiting for your next assignment, you decide to read the news:

The Venturon City Times

Hope Hospital Death Toll Continues to Climb!

The confirmed at Hope Hospital has risen to 87 as police have uncovered more bodies. Investigators have found that many of the bodies found were shot, hanged, stabbed, beaten, or even mutilated prior to being set on fire. "Reports suggest that this arson attack was instigated by an incendiary device." the Chief of Police, Jeremiah Letty was reported as saying.

It has also been noted that many of the deceased were wearing unknown masks on their faces, which cannot currently be identified due to the damages inflicted upon them due to the fires...

(Continued on page 2)

SAW Officer Cleared of All Charges!
District Attorney Annie Sherbet has decided not to prosecute Dexter Wilson, an officer of Special Assault Warriors, following the controversial raid on an arcade that resulted in the deaths of seven men. "Mr. Wilson was well within his right to use lethal force," Sherbet concluded. "Many of the thugs that Mr. Wilson shot previously had criminal records, ranging from public nudity to distribution of contraband, and refused orders to comply. It is shameful that such a senseless waste of life had to occur, but no crimes were committed in the usage of deadly force. They deserved to die."

Dexter Wilson was one of three officers who shot and killed seven men while performing a raid on an arcade where alleged drug dealers were known to hang out. Protests have been sparked in response to the decision not to prosecute, with some protesters accusing Mrs. Sherbet of corruption and citing that the officers turned off their body cameras before the shooting as evidence of excessive use of force...

(Continued on page 7)

Huxley Koch Denies Mafia Ties
Facing allegations of having ties to the mafia, billionaire Huxley Koch has vehemently denied those allegations. "These are baseless lies meant to defame me," Mr. Koch said. "Crime organizations are a terrible scourge on the community, and as a law-abiding citizen I pride myself on remaining uncorrupted."

Allegations of Mr. Koch's mafia ties began when an investigator leaked documents that allegedly prove his ties to the mafia, with some questioning the authenticity of those papers. "I think these are photoshopped," one resident was quoted as saying. "If you look at the handwriting, it seems way too fake, you know what I'm saying?"

(Continued on page 13)

Mysterious Lights Above Courier Springs?
Strange lights in the sky were seen above Courier Springs last Friday night, prompting some to declare that this is the work of extraterrestrials. Others disagree, however, stating that the lights may have came from satellites which were launched just two weeks ago, which may have been reflecting sunlight. Others, however, have alternative theories.

"I don't think those were just satellites, you know?" Said Traitor Joe, the owner of Traitor Joe's Second Amendment Sporting Goods. "The government is clearly up to something. Or maybe the commies are up to something, for all I know. You gotta keep an eye out, because this is a warning sign of things to come..."

(Continued on page 16)

World is going to hell in a handbasket as usual. Right on cue, as if the newspaper itself triggers their arrival, there's a knock at your door. You open the door and are greeted with:

"Deal with the old man they call Lumbago Joe. Go to 73rd Yorktown Avenue. Look for the birthday party on the front lawn. He's just an old, one-eyed man with a beard. You have done well so far."

An old man? That seems easy enough. You think you've got everything you need before you set off, but it doesn't help to double check.

(Let me know if I've made a mistake with selling/buying any gear the protagonist needs for the next mission. Now that the college semester is over, I've actually got free time to work on this.)

Allies

None available.

Other

MAP: NONE

Targets to Kill: NONE

HEALTH: Uninjured.

Inventory:
$380.58
Lighter
Flashlight
Hospital Security Keycard
Your Cell Phone
Smoke Grenades x3 (Provides a smoke screen, obscuring vision.)
Hemostatic Injector x6 (Immediately stops the bleeding of penetrating trauma.)
Gauze dressing x8 (Controls bleeding and covers the wound.)
Clothing and/or Disguises:
Generic clothes
Tactical gloves
William Shatner mask
Top hat
Trenchcoat (Can conceal two-handed weapons)
New Kevlar Vest (provides bullet/shrapnel protection but will NOT protect against stabbing attacks)

Weapons:
[.45 ACP, Pistol] USP Match (12/12 rounds)
[9x19mm, SMG] Model 635 (30/30 rounds)
[.357, Revolver] GP100 (6/6 rounds)
[12 Gauge, Shotgun] Serbu Super Shorty (3/3 rounds) (Sawn-off Shotgun: Easier to conceal than a full-size shotgun)
[5.56x45, Rifle] Mini-14 (20/20 rounds)
[Grenade, Incendiary] Molotov cocktail x2
Combat knife
Switchblade
Fiber wire
Collapsible baton
Brass Knuckles
Ammunition:
.357 Mag: 18
.45 ACP: 36
5.56x45: 40
9x19mm: 60
Shotgun Shells: 27

People Killed/Targets Killed: 23 / 3
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 05:39:17 pm by Taberone »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 26, 2020, 06:27:26 pm »

Let's buy the best scope we can for our rifle, if at all possible. And a stand it can rest on, for easier sniping.

Once we get that, let's go to that neighbourhood, find a secluded spot, and spy on this birthday party using the scope.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 26, 2020, 08:21:32 pm »

Let's buy the best scope we can for our rifle, if at all possible. And a stand it can rest on, for easier sniping.

Once we get that, let's go to that neighbourhood, find a secluded spot, and spy on this birthday party using the scope.

+1, I’m curious if, after the mission, we could go by Courier aspr9ngs and check out those lights

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 27, 2020, 04:55:48 am »

+1, I’m curious if, after the mission, we could go by Courier aspr9ngs and check out those lights
+1 If we can still buy stuff I think we should get a few flashbangs as those things saved us in the last mission.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
(SG) Assassination - Target #3: Lumbago Joe
« Reply #395 on: June 03, 2020, 10:11:41 pm »

Remind me about this after the mission is done, I guess.

+1 If we can still buy stuff I think we should get a few flashbangs as those things saved us in the last mission.

--- MISSION PREP ---

A few flashbangs, one 4x rifle scope, and a bipod later, you're left with $210.58 in money and a customized Mini-14. 5.56x45 may not be adequate enough for hunting deer, depending on who you ask, but 5.56x45 sure is adequate enough for hunting men.

Concealment of your Mini-14 might be an issue. The area where Lumbago Joe lives does have a gunstore nearby, though, so you may be able to defuse any suspicious bystanders by claiming to be going to the firing range or claiming to be going hunting. You do just that when you call a rideshare service and assure the driver that you're going hunting, and arrive in the plaza near Lumbago Joe's house.

--- MISSION START ---

It's a sunny day over 73rd Yorktown Street. The birds are chirping, the sun is shining, the rose gardens smell lovely today, all that crap. In the land of the blind, a one-eyed man like Lumbago Joe would be king. But you've got two eyes and a .45, and all he has is diabetes and cataracts, most likely. You hear the sounds of a birthday party on Lumbago Joe's front lawn and an excited child crying "Mommy! Mommy! Look at me go!" as you step out into the plaza. From the plaza, you see several buildings, and have a clear line of sight to Lumbago Joe's house.

--- NORTH: THE TARGET'S HOUSE ---

On the front driveway of Lumbago Joe's house, several men are sitting in a half-circle of chairs and drinking alcohol by a barbecue. Several other children in the front yard run around in circles playing various games with each other, ranging from tag to kickball.

A busy playground lies next to Lumbago Joe's house, filled with excited children using swingsets and sandboxes as their parents supervise them. A closed shed lies in the corner of the playground.

Closer to you are two complexes containing a variety of functions, ranging from apartments to businesses. Both complexes have attics with windows on the upper floors, but only Complex #1 has access to a rooftop. A sky-light connects both complexes to each other.

--- WEST: SHADY BACK ALLEY ---

To the west is a parking lot, a cafe, and a Shady Back Alley™ where men in vans full of unknown goods of dubious legality are hanging out. Some buyers are exchanging money for black market goods, while others are trying to fundraise for someone's funeral expenses.

You think you see one of the buyers purchasing what appears to be an oil filter and attaching it over his gun. Looks like an improvised suppressor, but the size of that thing is clearly blocking his iron sights. Might be cheaper than buying an actual suppressor from the gunstore, too.

--- EAST: NEIGHBORS, POLICE STATION ---

To the east is a gun store (with roof access via a ladder in the back), where muffled gunfire rings out from the shooting range. Lumbago Joe's neighbors and a police station are further to the east, and one of Lumbago Joe's neighbors, an older man, is sitting out on the porch with a rifle in his lap and a bottle of whiskey in his arms.

A warning sign titled "TRESPASSERS WILL BE SHOT! SURVIVORS WILL BE SHOT AGAIN!" is sticking out of the older man's front yard. You notice that the older man sitting on his porch is watching his sons carefully, who are setting off massive fireworks that give off an even bigger bang.

Other signs can be seen on the rest of the front yards, promoting local gun clubs and even militias. Other neighbors are out on their front lawns, some with rifles slung over their shoulders, and observing the fireworks display.

Further to the east is a police station, all the way in the distance. Response times will be quick if someone calls 911, so keep an escape route in mind for when you perform the hit on Lumbago Joe. Watch out for the neighbors if you cause any trouble.

--- SOUTH: BREWERY, OFFICES, EXIT ZONE---

To the south is a brewery, which is closed for the day. Sunlight pours through the windows of the brewery, with not a single sign of life behind those windows.

An office building is also to the south, which isn't too occupied. There are only a fraction of the workers you'd expect of such an office being present inside.

Further to the south is Street C, where cars come and go, and the "Exit Zone" where you can make your escape after killing Lumbago Joe.

--- DECISION TIME ---

This is one busy plaza. The upper floors of any multi-floor building should be secluded enough to observe Lumbago Joe's house more carefully, but where? Should you use the Gun Store or Shady Back Alley to stock up on any more supplies you need, such as suppressors to muffle the noise of your gunfire? Or could you time your gunshots so that they are obscured by the massive fireworks going off overhead?

You'll need to identify Lumbago Joe too. Plenty of these residents are older men with beards, but none of them have only one eye. Finding somewhere to set up overwatch and safely identify your target (and possibly snipe him) would be a good idea.

Allies and Neutrals:

Several Bystanders (Neutral, Ignoring You)
  • Your weapon draws no attention. You are near the gunstore.

Hostiles and Unknowns:

MAP (Click to view full size)

CURRENT LOCATION: PLAZA!
  • Loud fireworks are going off overhead at regular intervals.
  • You are near the gunstore. Bystanders ignore being visibly armed.

TARGET: Lumbago Joe!
  • One-eyed man with a beard.
  • His house is on Yorktown Avenue Street.

Inventory:
$210.58
Lighter
Flashlight
Your Cell Phone
Hemostatic Injector x6 (Immediately stops the bleeding of severe, penetrating trauma.)
Gauze dressing x8 (Controls bleeding.)
Generic clothes
Tactical gloves
William Shatner mask
Top hat
Trenchcoat (Can conceal two-handed weapons)
New Kevlar Vest (Bullet/shrapnel protection. Will NOT protect against stab attacks.)

Weapons:
---
[12 Gauge, Shotgun] Serbu Super Shorty (3/3 rounds) (Sawed-Off)
[5.56x45, Rifle] Mini-14+ (20/20 rounds, bipod + 4x scope) (Visible!)
---
[Grenade, Less-Lethal] Flashbang x3 (Blind + stun.)
[Grenade, Less-Lethal] Smoke Grenades x3 (Obscures vision.)
---
Combat knife
Switchblade
Fiber wire
---
Collapsible baton
Brass Knuckles
Ammunition:
Shot. Shells: 27

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Assassination - Target #3: Lumbago Joe
« Reply #396 on: June 04, 2020, 04:14:31 am »

Before we commit to a plan lets go see what's for sale at The Shady Back Alley™.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 04, 2020, 05:08:48 am »

Before we commit to a plan lets go see what's for sale at The Shady Back Alley™.

+1, we really need a silencer
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 04, 2020, 12:30:26 pm »

+1, we really need a silencer
I'll just jump in and give my (figurative) two cents. +1

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
(SG) Assassination - Target #3: Lumbago Joe
« Reply #399 on: June 14, 2020, 09:05:56 pm »

Going into the Shady Back Alley™, you see a lineup of vans parked against the walls. Other buyers ignore you as they make deals with the sellers, purchasing items ranging from bootleg CDs, pirated movies, tax-free cigarettes, and hand grenades. Whatever you can think of, they’ve probably got for sale… If you can afford it.

Wishing to purchase an oil filter suppressor, you find the seller in the Shady Back Alley™ who was selling it. It'll cost you $100 for the oil filter suppressor and the necessary threading to use it. The seller informs you that this is a bargain, because real suppressors cost over $200 minimum.

The oil filter suppressor will only last at least half a dozen rounds before it wears out, and will maybe last a dozen shots if you're lucky. The oil filter suppressor will also foul up your gun as you fire it, and will make it harder to aim due to obscuring the iron sights.

Your scoped Mini-14 will be least affected by the aiming penalty, because you can use the scope instead of iron sights. The seller also offers oil filter suppressors (and necessary threadings) for pistols, submachine guns, and shotguns. Oil filter suppressors cannot be interchanged with other guns unless they also have the necessary threading.

Allies and Neutrals:

Makeshift Suppressor Salesman
  • Selling you an Oil Filter Suppressor for $100.

Various Other Salesmen
  • Selling items to other customers.

Various Customers
  • Ignoring you.
  • Making deals with the salesmen.

Hostiles and Unknowns:

MAP (Click to view full size)

CURRENT LOCATION: Shady Back Alley™!
  • Loud fireworks are going off overhead at regular intervals.

TARGET: Lumbago Joe!
  • One-eyed man with a beard.
  • His house is on Yorktown Avenue Street.

Inventory:
$210.58
Lighter
Flashlight
Your Cell Phone
Hemostatic Injector x6 (Stops the bleeding of severe trauma.)
Gauze dressing x8 (Controls bleeding.)
Generic clothes
Tactical gloves
William Shatner mask
Top hat
Trenchcoat (Conceals compact weapons but NOT most long-arms.)
  • Full-size rifles such as an M16 (20 In. Barrel) CANNOT be concealed.
  • Carbines like the M4 (14.5 In. Barrel) CAN be concealed.
New Kevlar Vest (Stops bullets/shrapnel but NOT stab attacks.)

Weapons:
---
[12 Gauge, Shotgun] Serbu Super Shorty (3/3 rounds) (Sawed-Off)
[5.56x45, Rifle] Mini-14+ (20/20 rounds, bipod + 4x scope) (Visible!)
---
[Grenade, Less-Lethal] Flashbang x3 (Blind + stun.)
[Grenade, Less-Lethal] Smoke Grenades x3 (Obscures vision.)
---
Combat knife
Switchblade
Fiber wire
---
Collapsible baton
Brass Knuckles
Ammunition:
Shot. Shells: 27

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 15, 2020, 02:26:13 am »

Buy the suppressor. Continue scouting out the party where Lumbago Joe is.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 15, 2020, 03:44:48 am »

+1

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 15, 2020, 11:28:49 am »

+1

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 15, 2020, 11:45:07 am »

+1
For the Mini-14, right?

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 15, 2020, 07:24:40 pm »

+1
For the Mini-14, right?

Please confirm for which weapon (Mini-14 Rifle?) and from which area to scout out the party from.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28