Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Military dwarves losing their equipment during raids  (Read 907 times)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
Military dwarves losing their equipment during raids
« on: August 15, 2018, 02:58:25 am »

So, I've toyed around with the raiding system with my three uber-dwarfs enough times to see them return without some pieces of armor. At first they were losing their mail shirts, but now, after they've returned from their mission to pillage an elven retreat, they've returned not only wearing only socks, but have also dropped their adamantine battle axes and iron shields. And strangely enough, the captain hasn't lost any equipment after 9 raids, not even the bulging adamantine breastplate artifact!

While I do think that it's pretty much a bug, I do want to know if any of you had this problem with the military. If the bug already has been discovered, then I'm not gonna report it, obviously.

Spoiler: Pics (Dwarf Therapist) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Pics (in-game) (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Military dwarves losing their equipment during raids
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 04:18:34 am »

I hit a similar bug with dwarves returning from missions. If they left with backpacks or flasks, they would return with items hauled. And they would often drop them shortly after entering the map. The fix that worked for me was taking away all meal-carrying and drink-carrying.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
Re: Military dwarves losing their equipment during raids
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 04:39:54 am »

I hit a similar bug with dwarves returning from missions. If they left with backpacks or flasks, they would return with items hauled. And they would often drop them shortly after entering the map. The fix that worked for me was taking away all meal-carrying and drink-carrying.

Hmm, I just found a pile of military equipment in the west corner of the map, so it looks like we have the same bug. BTW, has anyone already reported such a bug on the bug tracker?
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.