Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2 fish cleaners, 2 fisheries, only 1 dwarf works  (Read 573 times)

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
2 fish cleaners, 2 fisheries, only 1 dwarf works
« on: August 08, 2018, 09:13:36 am »

There are two fish cleaners, and two fisheries.

Both dwarfs have their "fish cleaning" enabled. Neither fisheries have any customized workshop profile, and both are accessible.

However, only one dwarf does "fish cleaning" job.

The fisherdwarf is a legendary and he pulls fish out of water so fast that one fish cleaner is not enough. I don't want to see those delicious seafood rotting.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
Re: 2 fish cleaners, 2 fisheries, only 1 dwarf works
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 10:20:26 am »

The standing order to clean fish will only trigger one order to clean fish and it is not a "repeat" order, meaning the dwarf will clean the fish, and begin to walk away before the job restarts, and it will only happen at one of the two workshops.

Here are two ways to handle this... replace the standing order with a job manager job (process 5 fish if 5 raw fish are available), which will create jobs at both workshops, or manually add a repeating clean fish job to each workshop to clean up the excess raw fish.

When you mass-butcher animals, the same issue will happen with the raw leather.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 2 fish cleaners, 2 fisheries, only 1 dwarf works
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 10:27:59 am »

Thanks! Very useful information. It clears my confusion.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.