Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Splint's Prehistoric Creature Pack  (Read 15330 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Splint's Prehistoric Creature Pack
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2018, 05:32:50 pm »

You can also have a look at entity_default, look at :

[ENTITY:SUBTERRANEAN_ANIMAL_PEOPLES]
   [LAYER_LINKED]
   [CREATURE:AMPHIBIAN_MAN]
   [CREATURE:REPTILE_MAN]
   [CREATURE:SERPENT_MAN]
   [CREATURE:RODENT MAN]
   [CREATURE:BAT_MAN]
   [CREATURE:ANT_MAN]
   [CREATURE:OLM_MAN]
   [CREATURE:CAVE_SWALLOW_MAN]
   [CREATURE:CAVE_FISH_MAN]

You can kick the animal men out, and add troglodytes, neanderthals, etc instead... that way they form cavern tribes.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2018, 05:38:28 pm »

I'd be okay with Homo erectus being a civ, but I don't think that they should be a skulking civ. That seems like more of a Homo Habillus position. Oh, and I'd also like to request pliopithecus as an item stealing, alcohol drinking, lever manhandler. Why not go all the way back and include the primate that is thought to have eventually evolved into modern man.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2018, 05:50:19 pm »

I figured on skulking because of how primitive thier organization would likely be compared to later humans, but hey. Towns of half-clothed savages would be fun to have. Maybe do a similar thing,some friendly, some not (having learned the concept of trade by watching caravans.)
 Friendly ones would probably not have much to offer though.

And a quick look up of the pliopithecus sounds like just what temperate forests needed to add a bit more non-avian stuff-pilfering flare to them.  :)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2018, 06:39:21 pm »

This is a bump to let those few of you know what I have planned for the next update. Note that the names are not accurate for the in-game names or even necessarily the sizes, and based more on what illustration/models evoke to me, and will thus be used by the tribes of my other mod. I'm also lifting my ban on flight capable critters, so suggest away.

Also @ Meph - Gonna avoid doing any vanilla file fiddling.

What do you guys think, think that'll be a nice and solid selection of things for an update? I need something simple to work on while I wait for Meph's next proper update to his tileset.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2018, 11:48:29 pm »

Forest Gremlin - A thieving little shit found in both temperate and tropical forests, as well as wetlands.
I'm just going to sig this, and that does sound like a good update yes

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2018, 08:44:13 am »

14 animals and 3 entities... more sprites to do. :D
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2018, 03:37:36 pm »

Archeopteryx might be a cool add. They can't fly, but they should probably have some amazing agility and climbing abilities.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2018, 10:18:40 pm »

Good news everyone! Update 2.5 is out. Why 2.5 you ask? Because it doesn't have the entities yet.

The mod now includes Hugo_the_Dwarf's generic material framework so the trilobites can function correctly for the new reactions, which he also generously provided (and I can now look back on for reference in the future should I need to.) The OP listing will be updated with new additions accordingly.

Spoiler: Now included! (click to show/hide)

Let me know if there's any problems.
Pages: 1 2 [3]