Dwarf Fortress > DF Gameplay Questions

Reasons embark would crash? Solved

(1/1)

HerbalistRanger:
Been searching trying to fix this. IDK.. maybe someone has an idea.
Memory should be fine. I am on medium world with 4x4 embark. Had been fine with large worlds 5x5 np but the world lag became too much.
Using lazy newb pack with temperature and weather off, no utilities or hack on. I use the no rust mods and swimming +5. I don't put points on swim before embark that should be fine. Usually take extra alcohol and 4 dogs.
I've been crashing a lot right at embark on the newest version.
Would lots of civs in the world cause crash? I'm at a loss. Takes too long to test things loading world. PC is solid. I7-4790 12gbRam. Does where I keep dwarf fortress install matter on Windows10? I keep the whole game in a file on desktop.

I figured it out! If I make the screen small it loads up on embark every time. Even with 5x5 and 12 start dwarves. I don't know why this version is harder on my PC but it do.

TomiTapio:

--- Quote ---I keep the whole game in a file on desktop.
--- End quote ---

What, playing the game from a ZIP FOLDER? Or a regular folder in desktop?
Try unzipping to like C:\temp\DF\ 

lethosor:

--- Quote from: HerbalistRanger on August 09, 2018, 05:20:09 pm ---I figured it out! If I make the screen small it loads up on embark every time. Even with 5x5 and 12 start dwarves. I don't know why this version is harder on my PC but it do.

--- End quote ---

Are you using TWBT? This sounds exactly like issues with TWBT that have been reported before.

ragincajun:
No sense in starting a new thread; found this one doing a search.  I'm having the crash issue as well.  Is the TWBT thing still a problem?  Sometimes I crash somethimes I don't but this seems to be the culprit.

PatrikLundell:
I haven't heard the TwbT issue has been addressed. I'm seeing it with the latest DFHack.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version