Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Questions about stuff I want to know and things  (Read 443 times)

harrykane140693

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Questions about stuff I want to know and things
« on: August 09, 2018, 02:31:10 am »

In adventure mode I have a problem where whenever I get into an encounter with a large group of enemies, especially when my companions get into combat first, in the time it takes to move one tile there are so many combat reports that it over fills the report section at the bottom of the screen and I get that little [MORE] thing at the end. Whenever this happens the game freezes and refuses to do anything, one time it unfroze while I was looking for a solution online for a while, but the fastest way to fix it so far that I have found is to save the game, then quit Dwarf Fortress, relaunch dwarf fortress, and reopen the save, however I have to do this for every tile I move, I checked, there were a couple bug reports for this several years back, but I didn't see any definitive solutions. It makes Adventure mode painful to play, so has anybody else encountered this problem and found a more efficient solution?

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
Re: Questions about stuff I want to know and things
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 03:38:52 am »

[MORE] means you need to hit the space, to unlock show further reports. Just keep hitting space. Usually it's once or twice.

SpeardwarfErith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Questions about stuff I want to know and things
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 10:43:25 am »

In addition to what Saiko said, you can completely stop the [more] messages by going to [dwarf fortress directiory]/data/init/d_init.txt and changing [MORE:YES] into [MORE:NO]
The swordsman Smoma Acaltekud: Hello Ago. Life is, in a word, death.
The swordsman Smoma Acaltekud stabs you in the lower body with his iron scimitar, tearing apart the muscle and tearing apart the left kidney!
The iron scimitar has lodged firmly in the wound!

Battle Royale Mode: A DFHack Script