Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Chapter Master Urist. (WH40K SG) The Exploratory Crusade  (Read 6363 times)

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master Urist. (WH40K SG) The Exploratory Crusade
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2018, 06:48:57 pm »

Oh hey, we got some Star Trek guys.  Not just that, but movie Star Trek guys. Hello there, Picard.

"This is the Imperatoris Sagitta of the Imperium of Man. Identify your allegiance and state if you are harboring heretics, unregistered xenos, unregistered psykers, or traitors to the Imperium.

1) Darnelan Carstel
2) B
3) A
+1
+1 WHAT I was not expecting this. Wait did the warp storm transport us to another universe?.
+1
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2018, 12:51:07 pm »

Oh hey, we got some Star Trek guys.  Not just that, but movie Star Trek guys. Hello there, Picard.

1) Darnelan Carstel
2) B
3) A

I asked for the chapters name, your Chapter Master Urist
--------------------

"This is the Imperatoris Sagitta of the Imperium of Man. Identify your allegiance and state if you are harboring heretics, unregistered xenos, unregistered psykers, or traitors to the Imperium.

"This is acting captain William T. Riker of the USS Enterprise, on behalf of the Federation Starfleet we are please to meet you and this "Imperium of Man".
We wish to send a visitation on party over to your ship."

At that moment Magos Explorator Skaldir enters the bridge, her red robes flowing behind the aged cyborg.

Her assistant activates the view engine, an image of ship appears on the screen,
a large saucer shaped dish on top of a central tube with two thin engine nacelles at the rear.
Some 700 meters in total length you note, not even a fifth of Imperatoris Sagitta's length.

"Magos Explorator, they call then self's the Federation and wish to send over a visitation on party to make contact with us.
Shall i have the marines make read in the hanger bay?" you relay the message to your commander.

"Negative, meet on neutral ground, avoid contamination." the Magos voice is cold and firm as iron.

"But we have a duty, to bring his light to the lost children, to save then from the long night."
Canoness Preceptor Chrisonya reminds you of your duty.

"Negative, Canoness Preceptor Chrisonya, xenos trap probable, 
Avoid contamination of Imperatoris Sagitta mission critical." Magos tells her.

"Captain Riker, this is Imperatoris Sagitta we are willing to meet with you...

A) Allow away time to beam aboard
B) Telport on to there ship?
C) Meet on neutral ground?

[/quote]
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2018, 12:52:48 pm »

C why not?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 02:40:58 pm by Basil ii »

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2018, 02:36:57 pm »

Bit odd WH40k guys would assume teleportation over transport shuttles, but alrighty.

C

Incoming warp-storm level of insanity over Data incoming.

Avanti!

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2018, 02:43:27 pm »

Bit odd WH40k guys would assume teleportation over transport shuttles, but alrighty.
wasn’t there a archotech that allows teleportation through the warp?
But why would we guess that they have such rare technology?.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 02:44:59 pm by Basil ii »

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2018, 05:49:30 pm »

C.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2018, 06:20:38 pm »

wasn’t there a archotech that allows teleportation through the warp?
But why would we guess that they have such rare technology?.
I guess, but it's the warp. A second in there without a Gellar field generator and boom, insane and clawing your eyes out. Last I checked, there weren't exactly man-portable Gellar field generators, so you'd only survive if you're a blank or pariah. Which... the Enterprise crew might actually be. Considering they may lack souls in the 40k sense of the word.

Avanti!

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2018, 10:21:22 pm »

Or we're in another universe where things work differently from the W40K one.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2018, 11:33:47 am »

C
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2018, 11:39:57 am »

Or we're in another universe where things work differently from the W40K one.
the question was never if were in another universe it’s why we know that they have teleporters I guess? we just picked it up from our sensors and psykers?.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 11:43:06 am by Basil ii »

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2018, 12:20:01 pm »

Do Star Trek transporters use a subdimension to function? Because otherwise, I doubt they would have any presence in the warp. Sensors can't pick up that sort of thing either. Even if we did scan the inside of the ship, a transporter room would just look like an odd rotunda of some kind. It's a perfectly valid question, I think.

Avanti!

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2018, 12:24:46 pm »

Do Star Trek transporters use a subdimension to function? Because otherwise, I doubt they would have any presence in the warp. Sensors can't pick up that sort of thing either. Even if we did scan the inside of the ship, a transporter room would just look like an odd rotunda of some kind. It's a perfectly valid question, I think.
oh no I was just thinking that the psykers on the ship could read the minds of the crew members of the enterprise.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2018, 12:59:09 pm »

I chalk it up to Psykers. They got to prove their worth or they would be dead by now.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2018, 07:03:20 pm »

I chalk it up to Psykers. They got to prove their worth or they would be dead by now.
I was going with they told you, that they have teleporters but psykers sound better.
oh no I was just thinking that the psykers on the ship could read the minds of the crew members of the enterprise.
I have no idea how Star Trek transporters work, but i've seen star trek the motion picture's teleporter accident and seen Galaxy Quest.
Oddly 40k has mutiple sets of rules for teleporter accidents, one of them from slave to darkness... :-\

-------------------------------
"Captains log star date, Unknown.
While encountering a Borg cube in orbit around Sniri C6, a unclassified anomaly enveloped the Enterprise takeing us to an area of unchartered space.
Our first encounter was the Imperatoris Sagitta, a vessel of the " Imperium of Man" after opening hails we agreed to a meeting..."

++++Thought for the day: Life is not measured in years but by the deed of men.++++

The enter the chapter armory and look over your arms, blessed by the tithes from homeworld's forges, it's full of instruments of war.
You pass up the chain sword , the missile launcher and the melta-gun, for this you need the fine elegant power-sword and your bolt pistol.

The Thunderhawk is cramped on the way down to the asteroid,  your ten marines, a hand picked honor guard/
The ten battle sisters from Crimson Rose,  Canoness Chrisonya's half of guard, a uniform mass of ruby coloured powerarmour and gold.
And then there's the platoon of guards men, in full dress uniform, feather plumed Shakos and chest's full of shinning medals.
Ether there the harden veterans for a dozen wars or there a dress troop or pretend soldiers.

With a crunch the X lands and you disembark, forming up on two side with the guards men lined up at the back.

And then you wait.

The air fuzzes and and shiny columns appears and then seven men and woman materialize before your eyes.
There uniforms are black body suit with color highlights, Two men in red, one blue, four in yellow, on of them oddly green tinted, and one in blue and silver.

"Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Starfleet, USS enterpise."

"Chapter master Urist, Imperium of Man, Adeptus Astartes, Darnelan Carstel chapter, Imperatoris Sagitta.
Now captain..."

1: Where are we?
2: Do you hail the one true god emperor?
3: We greet you brothers, the long night is over! Hail the god emperor we are one once more!
4: Man of iron! -Blam- (attack)

---Now i'm off to watch star trek nemesis, i'm slowly ticking them of the the list.
only a few more to go, the time travel one and the Borg one, one of the new ones  left (Into Darkness is a bad rehash of Wrath of Khan, really i was going i could be watching khan right now while it was on)

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2018, 06:18:44 am »

1:
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5