Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Chapter Master Urist. (WH40K SG) The Exploratory Crusade  (Read 6816 times)

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master Urist. (WH40K SG) The Exploratory Crusade
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2018, 12:36:00 am »

We are on tyrant class cruiser, we have ridiculous
69 metre long 3 metres wide  torpedoes and we fire six of them per salvo. No need to lose our men in boarding

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2018, 05:25:29 am »

Keep bombarding foul cube, while helping wedge shaped ship

Might and Glory, so are we ultramatines successors and our primarch is Roboute Guilleman ?

Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2018, 02:30:12 pm »

In that case changing vote to attack cube.

Screw them Borgs.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2018, 02:07:57 pm »

I say 2. War Hammer has Bolter a, which are kinetic weapons. Borg Weakness, is kinetic Weapons. Their shields do not adapt fast enough.

That and no clue where 40k ship weapons compare to Star Trek. As Borg cubes are ridiculous.
Every thing in 40K is ridiculous.
Ship size's
Spoiler: here's a chart (click to show/hide)
, you around the size of a Lunar class cruiser.

Oh and here's a aborted crossover idea
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Right game time, Votes are in so it's attack.
--------

"Boarding crew to the boats!
We'll shatter that hulk with nova charges" the orders given.

The transport ships are cold and still in the void, your ship warmed only by the flickering of promethium from Canoness Preceptor Chrisonya's handflamer.

"GUARDMEN! FIX BAYONETS!" you hear Lord General Durhan bark the order over the com and bayonets lock in to place.

"Have No fear men of the guard! He that die's for the god emperor shall live for ever!...Let us take solstice in the tale of saint..." Chrisonya starts to give a pre-battle sermon.
When there's a clack and transport locks in to place on the hull of this cube filled with unknowns.

You walk slowly in to the dark maize like ship, the walls show exposed piping and cables that buzz an spark.
Parts of it show clear battle damage, destroyed workstations and blast marks but no bodys, maybe auto systems?

You head towards the center of the ship, bolt pistol in hand, you way lit by flamers behind you.
There's no bed or bunks, just row of alcoves and empty work stations, then you hear a clanging foot step.

"Intruders Detected. --whirr---
We are the Borg. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."
A red laser sight flash's towards your party an a jet of flame lashs in to the darkness.
Blackend and burnt, a corpse falls to the ground.

"Battle sisters! Protect the tech priest!"
You push onward with the Sisters of battle around the tech priest.
The corridor ends at a T junction and from the left you hear the crackle of las fire.
To the right your sensors reads of a large power source, some where to place a bomb.

1: Help the guards men?
2: Plant the bombs?

Note the party spoiler as your nowhere near the ship.

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2018, 10:20:06 am »

2, because I want to be as mysterious as possible to the Empire and vice versa. We aren't that many people, and shouldn't engage in direct combat.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2018, 11:28:20 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

UristMcRiley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2018, 06:38:55 pm »

1. A Battle Brothers Expertise is hardly required to plant charges, however we are unsure of the threat we face and must seek to protect the weaker servants of the Emperor until we can assess our opponents. Also our sisters in arms should have little problem defending the Magos from any threat.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2018, 11:39:33 am »

Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2018, 07:46:18 pm »

Tie breaker, 1
----------------

"Guards men plant the charges, Battle sisters protect the Magos.
Axe's of Locking with me!
We must protect the weaker servants of the Emperor!"
The order given, you head towards the sounds of weapons fire.

Las fire echos down the metal hallway, leading you to a large open chamber.

The guards men are grouped around a wounded woman in a defensive circle.

"Cease your hostilities and prepare for assimilation or you will be terminated.
you have 5 seconds to comply.
5, 4,..." a machine voice echo from a hidden com speaker.

"Never! Death or Victory!" a trooper shouts.
Then you see a green shimmer, and the Borg appear, there skin is pale and bodys are covered in cybernetics, clearly there some kind of rouge servitor.

"Here they come again!" one shouts and a Las bolt tears the limb from one of the Borg.
Your bolters rattle thundering death at the on coming Borg.

Then you see one staggered by a las bolt, the next flashs with the green haze from some kind of force field.
"Shield Adaptation Complete. Compliance Negative. Commencing Termination." the borg speak as one.
More teleport in immune now to las fire.

"Guards mens, fall back to the transport!" you shout as a concussion grenade turns a par of Borg to scrap.
Your bolt pistol clicks empty as you cover there retreat.

Then as suddenly as they came the borg leave, teleporting away even with there dead.
Slapping a full magazine in to your bolt-pistol, the coms crackel in to live.
"We -bzzkk- under -bzzkk- must -bzzkk- charges -bzzkk- now -bzzkk-  No no -arg-" and then your com fails silent.

There's a tremendous bang, the floor plates buckle under your feet as the blast wave knocks you to the floor.
The lights are gone and the ship feels still.

This borg ship crippled you head back towards the transport ships.
"This Imperatoris Sagitta, to boarding partys we are under attack, I repeat  This Imperatoris Sagitta, to boarding partys we are under attack.
Multiple small craft are engageing us, transport fighter cover is unavailable at this time.
 I repeat transport fighter cover unavailable multiple hostiles active in your area."

From the inside of your now half empty transport, you can see the new comers, waves of small two man fighter with X shaped wings.
You can see Imperatoris Sagitta's heavy guns struggle to chase the fighters.
But there like ants trying to wound a giant, Imperatoris Sagitta is just too big for them to harm.
but your new allies are not so lucky, there ship is already batted from the borg, and takes several missiles that rub salt in to the wound.
With there barrage of missiles spent, the attackers flee, there ships just speed off in a blink.

Your opening commutation to the "empire" is..?
To greet them as brothers?
To inform them of the true emperor?
Try to recruit them?
Ask them about there attackers?

The fate of the borg cube is to be?
Salvaged?
Destroyed?

[/quote]
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2018, 10:22:11 am »

Ask them about there attackers

Salvaged

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

UristMcRiley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2018, 05:20:18 pm »

Members of the Empire this is Brother Captain Urist of the Axes of Longing the Emperors Angels and dealers of death, we serve the true emperor of mankind who sits upon his golden throne. Accept his light into your hearts and repent of your misgivings and we will assist you with these new nuisances just as we have dealt with these rouge servitors who call them self the Borg. Refuse and we shall show you the might of the Imperium of Man

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2018, 07:03:14 pm »

Bad news the update is going to be delayed for awhile longer but it is comeing, hopffuly i'll hammer out a short one in the morring if not then Monday night.
The Good new is i've figured out a few new arrival so to speak, Crais and chaos Or the Talyn of Khorne.  that's your hints.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2018, 05:10:49 pm »

Ask them about there attackers 6

Salvaged ?
Try to recruit them? 6

"Members of the Empire, this is Brother Captain Urist of the Axes of Longing, We are the Emperor's Angels of death, we serve the true emperor of mankind who sits upon his golden throne.
Accept his light into your hearts and repent of your misgivings and we will assist you with these new nuisances just as we have dealt with these rouge servitors who call them self the Borg.
Refuse and we shall show you the might of the Imperium of Man!" you roar down the coms.

"This is Grand Moff Trosco of the Imperial Star Serpent Destroyer i must thank you for your timely assistance with this borg
But you ask alot of us to abandon our post and forsake our oaths of allegiance to the Emperor and Senate."

"I know that you have been lost for so long brothers, that is why it seems so hard, the light it blinding to you in darkness.
Let me send over a detachment from the Ecclesiarchy, i know that it will take time for your men to understand.."
You follow the script from codex astartes and after a half hour, Grand Moff Trosco agrees to allow your missionary's aboard in return for your help repairs.

This mean that the salvageing for the borg cube will be delayed for awhile...

As part of what Grand Moff Trosco called a diplomatic exchange, you are hosting to a party of the "Empires" Imperial officers including the Grand Moff in return for allowing the missionary's aboard her ship.

You have the chapter's main hall cleaned and dress up, as welcoming party from the Guard, Navy and Sisters of the Crimson Rose is readied.

The first thing you see a four rows of men in white plasteel armour with lasguns in hand, it reminders you of a skeleton.
Next the officers dismount, in there simple grey double-breasted dress tunic's and plain trousers, there shockingly under dressed for the occasion, even thereblack boots and glove are plain, belts with simple flat buckles, there's not one skull or eagle, the only color is from a rank insignia plaque.

Even Grand Moff Trosco is dressed plainly, her tunic's the same as the other but in white with gold epaulets.

The newly appointed Canoness Preceptor Essolis of Sisters of the Crimson Rose, blushes when your guests note that her formal armour has gold skulls shoulder pads, skull shaped breast cups and a dress belt is made for gold skulls.

"Greeting I am, Brother Captain Urist of the Axes of Longing, you must be Grand Moff Trosco?
This is Canoness Essolis, Lieutenant General Coldsmith 2th Tallarax Artillery and our navy detachment, Squadron Lieutenant's Dyreson and d'Arquebus.
Now if you'd come with me the chapter serfs have a dinner ready for us all."

Your white fur cloak trails on the floor as you take them in to chapters main hall, a feast is laid out on the grand oak table.

Plied with fine food and drink your able to loosen there lips and soon find out a lot about there attackers.
There the Rebel Alliance, a mix of traitors, criminals and other scum that operate with a host of foul aliens against there emperor.

".. just the idea of humans working so closely with aliens fills me disgust, humanity was meant to be the only master of the stars.
"As it does me but the Senate, there numbers.. It's all we can do force them in to chains." Grand Moff Trosco rambles
"Such democracy is weak, humanity need a strong leader, one bring us all together under one banner, so we can take our destiny.."   
"It was worse be for he Emperor our came to power, aliens in government, the Imperial Senate blocking him from do what is right.."

You drink long in to the night, planting the seed of rhetoric in there minds.
Before they depart Grand Moff Trosco has a few private words with you.
"We are with you, if you speak the the truth about your emperor and empire.
I'm sure i can get the others around our way of thinking, just give me a awhile" she says with a smile on her lips.

As the Imperial officers depart in the shuttle, your work crews shifts from there star destroyer to the borg's cube ship.

The crews start work and suddenly the power reading spike in to life, the cube raises its shields trapping the work-crews in side.
Before it disappears in flash, headed deep in to space...

1: Purse them!
2: Contact Star fleet?
3: Begin the hunt for the rebel base?

[/quote]

UristMcRiley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2018, 07:11:05 pm »

Magos open a vox link with the Star Serpent, Grand Moff Trosco it appears the Borg vessel was not completely destroyed in our previous engagement. It has fled away with a contingent of our workers aboard though I am unsure if our astropath can guide us through the warp this far from the Emperors light. We would appreciate any assistance you can provide us against these resilient abomination’s. In order to protect your ship from the Borg Borders I would be willing to lend you several squads of battle brothers for your vessel.
Sever the link Magos, attempt to hail Captain Jen Luc Picard his people seem to have some familiarization with these borg. Captain Picard I have inferred you have faced these Borg before we have apparently improperly crippled there vessel in our prior engagement and they have warped away through unknown means with some of our scavenge crew we would appreciate any expertise you can offer in fighting this foe as well as any assistance that may be available

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2018, 06:03:01 am »

Magos open a vox link with the Star Serpent, Grand Moff Trosco it appears the Borg vessel was not completely destroyed in our previous engagement. It has fled away with a contingent of our workers aboard though I am unsure if our astropath can guide us through the warp this far from the Emperors light. We would appreciate any assistance you can provide us against these resilient abomination’s. In order to protect your ship from the Borg Borders I would be willing to lend you several squads of battle brothers for your vessel.
Sever the link Magos, attempt to hail Captain Jen Luc Picard his people seem to have some familiarization with these borg. Captain Picard I have inferred you have faced these Borg before we have apparently improperly crippled there vessel in our prior engagement and they have warped away through unknown means with some of our scavenge crew we would appreciate any expertise you can offer in fighting this foe as well as any assistance that may be available
+1
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5